Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Raptors Ranked Dead Last In Eastern Conference Standings

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=C Boy; Colangelo is not finished yet IMO.

Im with bc boy on this one, I expect at least one good mid-season trade. the U.s ecomony sucks and 4sure attendance will be down for a few hurting thfranchise and are gonna have to unload$$$$$

Post Thanks / Like

Quote photoman wrote: View Post
    The Jays were predicted to lose 100 games this season and finish near the bottom with Baltimore.
    Definitely no reason to overreact, especially to ESPN's drivel.
    Ok I hate to be the partybreaker here but all of you guys are overrating this team TOO much. Did you forget where they had the Raptors last season?? ninth in the standings with a 39-43 record, that pretty much exactly what we had the previous season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...-EastStandings

I'm don't think the Raptors will be as bad as they have us on their standings this season, but lets not overate this team.

What Im saying is lets not expect too much from this team.
    Last edited by matt; Mon Aug 9th, 2010 at 02:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote benitonicoya wrote: View Post
    New York Knicks 8th seed?? why? Because of Amare and Felton...give me a break!!
    Ahh... this is because the biased American media wishing New York actually had a good team.

The top 6 teams in the ranking make sense.
    The only other thing that makes sense is that there will be very few
    wins of difference between 7th and 15th spot;

In my opinion the bottom 4 are Nets, Raptors , Knicks and Cavs;
    and I think the Raps will better than all these teams, so that' d make them the 11th seed;
    They also added Azubuike, Turiaf and Anthony Randolph... They're better than the Raptors and have a far better coach. I think 8th seed is a legit prediction for them.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    They also added Azubuike, Turiaf and Anthony Randolph... They're better than the Raptors and have a far better coach. I think 8th seed is a legit prediction for them.
    Yea but the also re-added Isaiah Thomas.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

As a consultant. He'll probably offer prospect advice/analysis, something he's always been very good as doing. His problems stemmed around managing money, not evaluating young talent.

Post Thanks / Like

They also added Azubuike, Turiaf and Anthony Randolph... They're better than the Raptors [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 0)"]and have a far better coach.[/COLOR] I think 8th seed is a legit prediction for them.
    Have a far better coach?

Triano was 40-42 in his first season as an NBA coach

D'Antoni baloney was 35 - 76 in his first two seasons. He was lucky that his first season was a short one

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...antomi01c.html
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Triano has a GM making moves to try and win games. D'Antoni had a GM trying to cut cap with no concern about winning games. Why don't you be fair and compare their records when both had a GM who was trying to win games? Better yet, why don't you compare their records when they have the same boss?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, i look at the lineups of the Knicks, Pacers, Nets, Cavs, and Wizards, and I do not see anything very impressive.

I guess the thing with the Raptors is that there are a lot of question marks. Can Amir be a legit starter? Will DeRozan have improved his game significantly? Is Weems a legit 20+minute a game player? Can Bargs step up? Is the 3 going to be an open bleeding sore? Will Calderon still be here, and if he is will he be able to play to his full abilities?

I am optimistic about the answers to all those questions, and if everything goes as it could we could be the 8th or 9th team in the conference. But I can understand people who don't follow the team not really getting what's up with it.

Raptors Republic Starter RapthoseLeafs's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote madeupid25 wrote: View Post
    It's a toss up but I think the Raptors will compete for worst team in the conference. Does anyone know where Arsenalist's Colangelo's 10 Biggest Mistakes article went? I read it this morning and it wasnt on the site when I got to work.
    http://raptorsrepublic.com/2010/04/2...gelo-mistakes/

Post Thanks / Like

Triano has a GM making moves to try and win games. D'Antoni had a GM trying to cut cap with no concern about winning games. Why don't you be fair and compare their records when both had a GM who was trying to win games? Better yet, why don't you compare their records when they have the same boss?
    Heck. Why not blame it George Bush, even if he wasn't POTUS at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote malefax wrote: View Post
    Yeah, i look at the lineups of the Knicks, Pacers, Nets, Cavs, and Wizards, and I do not see anything very impressive.

I guess the thing with the Raptors is that there are a lot of question marks. Can Amir be a legit starter? Will DeRozan have improved his game significantly? Is Weems a legit 20+minute a game player? Can Bargs step up? Is the 3 going to be an open bleeding sore? Will Calderon still be here, and if he is will he be able to play to his full abilities?

I am optimistic about the answers to all those questions, and if everything goes as it could we could be the 8th or 9th team in the conference. But I can understand people who don't follow the team not really getting what's up with it.
    I certainly post a lot about Amir and his stats

but DeRozan is super talent and within 2-3 years from now he will be considered one of the biggest steals in the June 2009 draft

Post Thanks / Like

Quote madeupid25 wrote: View Post
    It's a toss up but I think the Raptors will compete for worst team in the conference. Does anyone know where Arsenalist's Colangelo's 10 Biggest Mistakes article went? I read it this morning and it wasnt on the site when I got to work.
    i think that articles old. try the archives or something.

can you compete for the worst in the league?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Starter Dr Hannibal Lecter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Exactly....

Quote matt wrote: View Post
    Ok I hate to be the partybreaker here but all of you guys are overrating this team TOO much. Did you forget where they had the Raptors last season?? ninth in the standings with a 39-43 record, that pretty much exactly what we had the previous season.

I'm don't think the Raptors will be as bad as they have us on their standings this season, but lets not overate this team.

What Im saying is lets not expect too much from this team.
    I agree with u...raptors might not finish last,but common ppl use ure common sense this team has no talent...it's garbage compare to top teams..
    When they say Sunny Weems and Amir are great talent...I just shake my head,only in T.O...

Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

as i been saying even before the season ended, we are gonna be horrible this year. fun to watch at times, but still horrible. now im not for tanking as that just destroys the intergrity of the game but im looking more forward to the draft then predicting how many wins were gonna have or what place were gonna end up cuz its gonna be near the basement of the league regardless

Post Thanks / Like

I swear ESPN has become the Bible for way too many sports fans.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Look, I don't know how other teams will fare this year, but 27 wins seems like a lot for these Raptors. Given the current makeup of the team, I would say 30 wins would be as if we came from nowhere and every player overachieved. 27 wins is kind.

I think we'll be lucky to win 20-25 games this season.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

Wizards and John Wall at #9? They're kinda overrating Hinrich and Thornton, no?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    Look, I don't know how other teams will fare this year, but 27 wins seems like a lot for these Raptors. Given the current makeup of the team, I would say 30 wins would be as if we came from nowhere and every player overachieved. 27 wins is kind.

I think we'll be lucky to win 20-25 games this season.

Raptors Republic Rookie madeupid25's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post

can you compete for the worst in the league?

LOL I am not sure now that you mention it. I do think the Raptors will be looking at a top 5 pick next year.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote your mom wrote: View Post
    According to ESPN, Raptors are 15th in Eastern Conference in 10-11. In my opinion its hard to disagree. Thoughts?

Sounds about right but I don't see Washington, Detroit, Indiana and other Eastern Conference bottom feeders getting more than 30 wins.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information