Raptors Ranked Dead Last In Eastern Conference Standings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

malefax wrote: View Post
    Yeah, i look at the lineups of the Knicks, Pacers, Nets, Cavs, and Wizards, and I do not see anything very impressive.

I guess the thing with the Raptors is that there are a lot of question marks. Can Amir be a legit starter? Will DeRozan have improved his game significantly? Is Weems a legit 20+minute a game player? Can Bargs step up? Is the 3 going to be an open bleeding sore? Will Calderon still be here, and if he is will he be able to play to his full abilities?

I am optimistic about the answers to all those questions, and if everything goes as it could we could be the 8th or 9th team in the conference. But I can understand people who don't follow the team not really getting what's up with it.
    I certainly post a lot about Amir and his stats

but DeRozan is super talent and within 2-3 years from now he will be considered one of the biggest steals in the June 2009 draft
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

madeupid25 wrote: View Post
      It's a toss up but I think the Raptors will compete for worst team in the conference. Does anyone know where Arsenalist's Colangelo's 10 Biggest Mistakes article went? I read it this morning and it wasnt on the site when I got to work.
      i think that articles old. try the archives or something.

can you compete for the worst in the league?
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Exactly....

matt wrote: View Post
        Ok I hate to be the partybreaker here but all of you guys are overrating this team TOO much. Did you forget where they had the Raptors last season?? ninth in the standings with a 39-43 record, that pretty much exactly what we had the previous season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...-EastStandings

I'm don't think the Raptors will be as bad as they have us on their standings this season, but lets not overate this team.

What Im saying is lets not expect too much from this team.
        I agree with u...raptors might not finish last,but common ppl use ure common sense this team has no talent...it's garbage compare to top teams..
        When they say Sunny Weems and Amir are great talent...I just shake my head,only in T.O...
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

as i been saying even before the season ended, we are gonna be horrible this year. fun to watch at times, but still horrible. now im not for tanking as that just destroys the intergrity of the game but im looking more forward to the draft then predicting how many wins were gonna have or what place were gonna end up cuz its gonna be near the basement of the league regardless

Comment

I swear ESPN has become the Bible for way too many sports fans.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Look, I don't know how other teams will fare this year, but 27 wins seems like a lot for these Raptors. Given the current makeup of the team, I would say 30 wins would be as if we came from nowhere and every player overachieved. 27 wins is kind.

I think we'll be lucky to win 20-25 games this season.
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

Wizards and John Wall at #9? They're kinda overrating Hinrich and Thornton, no?

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                  Look, I don't know how other teams will fare this year, but 27 wins seems like a lot for these Raptors. Given the current makeup of the team, I would say 30 wins would be as if we came from nowhere and every player overachieved. 27 wins is kind.

I think we'll be lucky to win 20-25 games this season.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

can you compete for the worst in the league?

LOL I am not sure now that you mention it. I do think the Raptors will be looking at a top 5 pick next year.

Comment

your mom wrote: View Post
                      According to ESPN, Raptors are 15th in Eastern Conference in 10-11. In my opinion its hard to disagree. Thoughts?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...-EastStandings
                      Sounds about right but I don't see Washington, Detroit, Indiana and other Eastern Conference bottom feeders getting more than 30 wins.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                        27 wins and the bottom of the conference what is this the west?
                        The west is actually moot this year - outside of Lakers, OKC, Portland or Utah, San Antonio pick the first 4-5 spots, any team in the West outside of Minnesota Timberwolves has a chance to make the playoffs due to the large exodus of stars from the West to the East in this years' free agency which has made the stronger Western Conference weak.

Comment

everytime i start feeling like maybe the raps are going to have a bad season next year, i remember the t-wolves... and i cheer right up

what a shit-show khan has going on there

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
                            The west is actually moot this year - outside of Lakers, OKC, Portland or Utah, San Antonio pick the first 4-5 spots, any team in the West outside of Minnesota Timberwolves has a chance to make the playoffs due to the large exodus of stars from the West to the East in this years' free agency which has made the stronger Western Conference weak.
                            I would throw Denver, Houston, New Orleans and Phoenix in the mix of teams that should have a very good chance at making it. I think the balance of power is getting far more balanced but the West is still a tough place to play.

Comment

why do people think we are better than the nets ?

nets have

pg - harris
                              sg - lee
                              sf - t will
                              pf - favors
                              c - lopez
                              6 - outlaw
                              7 - morrow
                              8 - farmar
                              9 - boone
                              10 - petro

the top 8 is decent...

Comment

When I look at each position and compare this lineup with last years the biggest major difference is Bosh starting. I'm sorry but there is no way he makes a difference of more than 10 wins. Aren't some of the positions even stronger than last year just based on natural development that young players experience? I have to think coaching will also be improved this year with the additions made and Triano having another year under his belt.
                                I'm hoping they surprise and win more games than last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X