Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Fantasy Football Keeper League (Season 1 Discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mack North wrote: View Post
    They pretty much drafted me everyone I wanted, aside from the junkstore defensive players they assigned me. Well I've fixed that problem and I've gotta be the favourite!

I just want my Dez DK, I'll trade you almos anyone on my bench within reason(no Rapelesberger). How did u guys leave him undrafted????? This is a keeper league, remember?
    Mack, It's an 8 team league. Everybody has a good QB. Me personally, I'm not keeping two elite QBs especially if it eats a roster spot on my team for 4-6 weeks. Some guys with aging gunslingers and question marks centered around their QB2 should have took a flier on him though.

RaptorsFan4Life, things aren't looking good for your 4th round and 11th round draft picks:
    EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP)—Brett Favre’s(notes) job just got a whole lot tougher.

Favre and the Minnesota Vikings will play the first half of the season—or more—without Pro Bowl receiver Sidney Rice(notes), who had hip surgery this week.

Coach Brad Childress said Tuesday that Rice had the procedure in Vail, Colo., on Monday night. He couldn’t give a specific timetable for Rice’s return, but said typically it takes about eight weeks before a player can even get back to practice, let alone game action.
    Source: Yahoo Sports

Aug 25 Trade talks with Seattle for Jackson have stopped after Jackson wanted a new $50 million, five-year contract (with $30 million guaranteed), the San Dieo Union-Tribune reports. Minnesota also expressed interest in Jackson but balked at his contract demands.

Recommendation: San Diego gave Seattle permission to talk to Jackson about a new contract as prelude to a possible trade. While San Diego sounds motivated to trade Jackson, he'd need to lower his contract demands for a deal to take place and San Diego would have to agree to a trade (Seattle's offer of a one second-round draft pick wasn't enough in early talks), so there are several hurdles before Jackson could suit up for another team. He'll also miss three weeks due to a suspension and possibly another three weeks if he doesn't report to a team before Sept. 4 since he's on the roster-exempt list.

Again, let me know if you want to talk trades. I have your Charles handcuff and a lot of other goodies that may suit your team right now.

With Rice out for at least half the season, maybe more and Harvin battling health issues of his own it looks like I just scored a decent FA in Berrian.
    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Aug 25, 2010, 12:18 PM.

Comment

The whole Jackson saga reminds me of the Joey Galloway saga of ten years ago. He held out and finally got his way. The Cowboys gave up two 1st rounders and never got jack in returns on the deal. Horrible trade for the Cowboys. It took Joey five or so years and another team change before he regained his form of prior to the holdout. The ironic thing in all this is the Seahawks hosed the Cowboys in the trade and now another team is trying to hose the Seahawks in similar fashion.

Comment

And the funny fantasy football quote of the week goes to...

Yahoo!’s own Michael Silver:
        Best was the only other player in the draft Detroit’s brass regarded as an elite runner, and I knew Schwartz wanted him badly. In January, he’d confided to me that he coveted the dynamic breakaway threat to a degree that some might find unhealthy.

“Some people watch adult videos on their computer,” Schwartz had told me. “I go to YouTube and watch Jahvid Best highlight clips. That’s what gets me going.”
        For the fantasy masses, Best’s talents and situation are unquestionably arousing.

Comment

To me, Best looks like a small back kinda like Bush. I don't think he'll be able to take the big boy hits for too long. I don't know if his receiving skills are up to par with Reggie's either.

But that's just my opinion, whudooiknow?!

Comment

To me, Best looks like a small back kinda like Bush. I don't think he'll be able to take the big boy hits for too long. I don't know if his receiving skills are up to par with Reggie's either.

That's interesting because he's around the same size as Ray Rice and plays the game in the same style. Barry Sanders was around the same size and dominated the league.

Comment

More On Best's Size

Backs around his size to finish in the fantasy top ten RB's for 2009: #1. Chris Johnson, #4. Ray Rice, and #9. Jamaal Charles.

Past successes at around the same size: Brian Westbrook, Tiki Barber, Warrick Dunn, Barry Sanders and Walter Payton.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Mack, It's an 8 team league. Everybody has a good QB. Me personally, I'm not keeping two elite QBs especially if it eats a roster spot on my team for 4-6 weeks. Some guys with aging gunslingers and question marks centered around their QB2 should have took a flier on him though.

RaptorsFan4Life, things aren't looking good for your 4th round and 11th round draft picks:

Again, let me know if you want to talk trades. I have your Charles handcuff and a lot of other goodies that may suit your team right now.

With Rice out for at least half the season, maybe more and Harvin battling health issues of his own it looks like I just scored a decent FA in Berrian.
                Doesn't really matter to me, I have great back ups, Kolb should fill in nicely and I'm really high on Moore.

As for Rice, I have Crabtree and V. Jackson (barring he's traded or he'll be out for 6 games :|).

Comment

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                    Doesn't really matter to me, I have great back ups, Kolb should fill in nicely and I'm really high on Moore.

As for Rice, I have Crabtree and V. Jackson (barring he's traded or he'll be out for 6 games :|).
                    Cool, I have a bunch of nice WRs. Maybe we can talk again once the season hits and we see what they're made of.

Comment

They pretty much drafted me everyone I wanted, aside from the junkstore defensive players they assigned me. Well I've fixed that problem and I've gotta be the favourite!

I just want my Dez DK, I'll trade you almos anyone on my bench within reason(no Rapelesberger). How did u guys leave him undrafted????? This is a keeper league, remember?
                      Dez for Reggie Wayne.

Done and done.
                      "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

Marshall Faulk Likes Jahvid Best As A Fantasy Play This Year

I was just was looking over the NFL.com NFL Experts Fantasy Draft and it looks like Marshall Faulk took Jahvid Best with the second pick in round four, #38 overall. That's much higher than where I nabbed him...

Comment

Dark Knight wrote: View Post
                          Dez for Reggie Wayne.

Done and done.
                          Funny guy! I said my bench though. How about Houshmazilli, he got that guy on those old commercials the "CHAMPIONSHIP!" if you recall...

Comment

Bradshaw hit the wire. He's mine now and has played really good in pre-season even though he's coming back from surgery. I would have potentially traded a guy like Forsett for him.
                            Last edited by Apollo; Thu Aug 26, 2010, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Whats up with Demarcus Ware this year? Last year he was highly conveted, now this year he went undrafted.

Whatever, I still picked him up. On the fence whether I should drop Urlacher yet though.

Comment

I see Dez is garnering some interest, huh? lol Not bad for a middle round pick I guess.

I may listen to Dez offers once I see what he can do, but until then, hes pretty much off limits.

Comment

Working...
                                X