Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Fantasy Football Keeper League (Season 1 Discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D. Ware is an absolute beast but I'm not so sure he's a fantasy beast. He'll be in the running for defensive player of the year again though, I guarantee!

Comment

Based on my experience, once you get through the handful of well established fantasy IDPs at each defensive position the whole thing is a crap shoot. There will be lot's of defensive surprises to be had throughout the first half of the season.

Comment

You can only keep 2 offensive player and 1 defensive player? I love my team though :'(

What happens to the rest of my team? Do they go back in the draft?
        Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Fri Aug 27, 2010, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Given the roster sizes that's open to discussion. Most leagues don't go over three offensive keepers.

Comment

I wish this was a dynasty league.

Comment

Well, this league isn't about what I want it's about what we collectively want. We can toss out options late in the season or after the season about what sort of keeper league we want this to be. It's open to debate. I personally don't feel a team should be able to keep all its players but at the same time I also feel that a team that's been drafted well should be allowed to carry over the core of that success to next season. Regardless of what the final keeper rules may be the key thing to remember now and going through the season is that some of your players can be carried over to next season and carry out roster management while keeping that in mind. To illustrate with an example: Trading Larry Fitz for Randy Moss might look brilliant in a regular league but in a keeper league the team landing Moss is getting hosed(long term)
              Last edited by Apollo; Fri Aug 27, 2010, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Drew Brees is really the only one on my team that is a lock to be on my team next year. Unsure which other players I should keep. Narrowed it down to Desean and Mike Turner....
                "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

Rodgers for sure. White and Gore are highly likely. Then I have a group of guys on the bench who might be making noise this season like Best, Foster, Wallace, Floyd are all prime examples. Oh and Dallas Clark will be a hard one not to consider.

Comment

I have a bunch of guys I want to keep. Klob/Moore (depended on how their season goes), Matt Forte, Jamaal Charles, CJ Spiller, Demaryius Thomas, AP, Michael Crabtree, Sidney Rice, Vernon Davis, Miles Austin, DeAngelo Williams and Charles Woodson. :| Going to be really hard to get it down to 3.

Can I just ditch my fist 12 draft pick and keep those guys?
                    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sat Aug 28, 2010, 11:11 PM.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                      I have a bunch of guys I want to keep. Klob/Moore (depended on how their season goes), Matt Forte, Jamaal Charles, CJ Spiller, Demaryius Thomas, AP, Michael Crabtree, Sidney Rice, Vernon Davis, Miles Austin, DeAngelo Williams and Charles Woodson. :| Going to be really hard to get it down to 3.

Can I just ditch my fist 12 draft pick and keep those guys?
                      thats just lame...its more fun when you find hidden talents that go out and get you crazy points...

Comment

My thoughts on dynasty leagues are that anyone can have a bad draft and why should they be penalized forever for that initial one bad draft? I think the playing field is level through a keeper league. You can only keep a few guys and the guys you keep you can only have for three years at the max. You need to be a good manager under those conditions and can't use one good draft as a crutch from there on out.

Comment

In case no one noticed:

NHL Fantasy Hockey Keeper League (Season 1 - Registration & Discussion)

If no one is interested it won't happen. Right now, I have a PM from one person. I'm sure there will be more interest in the bball league I'll be running.

Comment

I'll be doing the hockey pool too Apollo.

Comment

Excellent.

Comment

Can you at least make it a bit more players you can keep? like 3 or 4 on offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X