Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Fantasy Football Keeper League (Season 1 Discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Matchup of the week has to be A00715890 Vs. DK. I think that's going to be a really high scoring contest. Lots of good plays on both sides.
    I'm just hoping A00 doesn't wreck me too badly...
    "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

• Holy crap. Owens posted 28 FPTs on my fantasy bench. Foster got 30, after being benched for the entire 1st Q for reasons unexplained... Good thing it was only one Q and not the game or I'd be crossing my fingers that Randy has a big game tonight.

Sounds like Vick busted up his ribs?

The Rams are .500 after four games? "Like OMGBBQ." Bradford is looking as good as Peyton Manning did in his rookie year. Looks like an excellent, franchise changing #1 right there. I know this isn't fantasy related... For now. A basement team(in our league) without a good QB of the future might want to take a flier on him at the end of the season.
      Last edited by Apollo; Mon Oct 4, 2010, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• More On Vick

Here's the latest word from Ashley Fox of the Philadelphia Inquirer:
        There were two unsubstantiated reports last night, one by Comcast SportsNet and one by NBC, that Vick has three broken ribs and will miss significant time. All Andy Reid would say after the game was that Vick has a "sore chest" and will have an MRI exam on Monday. Vick declined to speak with reporters after the game.
        The Comcast report suggested 3-6 weeks, which means that Philly fans could be subjected to more Kevin Kolb(notes) than any of them care to see.
        Source: Yahoo Sports

Comment

• Jesus, the one time where I hoped Cutler might get me some points he was minus points last night. Ah well, I still beat iggy and my Giants and their defence made the Bears and Cutler their bitch last night.

Comment

• DK and Mack, I sent you both offers. Check'em out when you get a chance.

Comment

• Quick question - not related to this league, but I've been wrestling with a move in another league I'm in. I've been offered Miles Austin for Jahvid Best and I'm not sure if I should take it. My RB situation is okay (I have Mendenhall, Turner plus the Carolina duo of Williams & Stewart) at WR, I have Roddy White but after that, I have Collie (who I'm waiting for the bubble to burst on), Maclin, Kevin Walter and Steve Smith (NYG). My concern is that Best really blows up and the way Williams/Stewart have been playing year to date, that they continue to be mediocre.

What would you guys do?

Comment

• If you needed a RB then I could see it but you don't need one... The Carolina duo isn't an asset right now though. Best has the potential to be huge but you have a solid duo in Mendenhall and Turner. Tough call. I would probably decline it just because it's not needed based on what you've said.

Are you winning or losing right now? If you;re losing, Best's appeal is magnified due to his potential reward.
                Last edited by Apollo; Tue Oct 5, 2010, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• It's a weird setup because you start 2 RBs, 2WRs AND a flex WR/RB (damn ESPN league). I'm doing okay in this league. I'm 3-1.
                  I love the production Collie is giving me, but I feel for some strange reason that his bubble is about to burst. Steve Smith (NYG) has been a letdown, and Maclin is too unreliable. I feel like Austin is one of the best wideouts in the NFL, but Best like you said Apollo, has the potential to be huge this year. It's a hard decision for me. I probably will decline (thanks for the advice, brother)

Comment

• I'd make that trade. The only reason I would hesitate is the TD's that Best has been bringing, but aside from that monster second game his yards and averages a pretty terrible. Plus it's like you said, Miles is one of the best WRs and is gonna get his yards every week and should end up with 10+ TDs.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      It's a weird setup because you start 2 RBs, 2WRs AND a flex WR/RB (damn ESPN league). I'm doing okay in this league. I'm 3-1.
                      I love the production Collie is giving me, but I feel for some strange reason that his bubble is about to burst. Steve Smith (NYG) has been a letdown, and Maclin is too unreliable. I feel like Austin is one of the best wideouts in the NFL, but Best like you said Apollo, has the potential to be huge this year. It's a hard decision for me. I probably will decline (thanks for the advice, brother)
                      You have a flex slot? That makes Best worth more. You need to consider Best's turf toe and that fact that he's the center of the Lions offense. On the flip side you need to consider Miles' production to date and the impact Dez has on him down the line this year. It's a tough call. Best has a bigger pay off but he's a rookie and so there is an element of risk here. Best is a RB1 though.

I have Best in this league. I value him more than anyone on my club not named Rodgers, or Foster BUT it's a keeper league so you know...

Comment

• ...Ugh... Randy Moss... While I'm glad I traded for him he's let me down so far. It's his contract year so I expect big things down the line but right now it sucks to look at his total fantasy point and ranking.

Comment

• I'm being offered Austin for Collie in my other league.. I wonder if I should take it.

Comment

• Is that a question with a hint of sarcasm?

Comment

• It's an actual question. I'm kinda torn on it.

Comment

• Actually, scratch that. I finally got some sense knocked into me. I accepted it.

Comment

Working...
                                X