If Bargs Plays PF, Who Should Play C?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Bargs Plays PF, Who Should Play C?

After perusing the trade proposals for the past week, it seems we have some varying opinions on what type of center this team needs. Here is a list of some of the Centers that have been thrown around and some others I added for interest sake:
    Thabeet
    Hibbert
    Biedrins
    Okafor
    Gortat
    Dalembert
    Oden

Which one do you think fits best beside Bargs and why? Which one would be the worst addition?
    Last edited by BC Boy; Tue Aug 10, 2010, 12:37 PM.

If you have been reading my posts then you should know my choice. I am not interested in any of the slower options, and love the upside, youth, agility and understanding of the run and gun system that Beidrins brings. With Colangelo's love for European players and Biedrin's name being thrown around, it seems like a real possibility.
    The worst one on that list for me is Okafor. Bad contract and has little upside at this point.

Comment

Bargnani would be best paired with a center who is tough, who plays strong defense, who rebounds the ball well and who does not require a lot of touches on offense. Out of that list Okafor or Oden would be the best fit. Oden is a high risk play given his history of injuries.

Comment

What makes you think that Bargnani is going to play PF?

Isn't he playing center for the Italian team?

Even if the Raptors had obtained Chandler there is no guarantee that Chandler would have started.

Some fans might have wanted him to start alongside Bargnani but I am not so sure that is what Triano would have done. I know fire Triano now
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          What makes you think that Bargnani is going to play PF?

Isn't he playing center for the Italian team?

Even if the Raptors had obtained Chandler there is no guarantee that Chandler would have started.

Some fans might have wanted him to start alongside Bargnani but I am not so sure that is what Triano would have done. I know fire Triano now
          In the title it clearly says "If" how come you can't just answer the question?

oh wait I just got it you want Bargnani to play center so your man-crush can play starting pf. I can't believe I actually had to think about it for a second.

seriously, though amir is better off the bench. Out of that list i'd trade for Biedrins,Hibbert, Gortat.

highest risk is Oden and Okafor.

the rest are so so.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Amir will be eaten live by the starting PFs in this league.

Okafor is the best match playing along side AB.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

oh wait I just got it you want Bargnani to play center so your man-crush can play starting pf. I can't believe I actually had to think about it for a second.

seriously, though amir is better off the bench. Out of that list i'd trade for Biedrins,Hibbert, Gortat.

the rest are so so.
              Fair enough.

You caught me trying to fudge

Out of the list "I'd trade for"

Answer - None from that list given the Raptors current roster.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

How about the Raptors trade Bargnani? If they are truly going to be a fast paced team next year they need someone who can (1) rebound and (2) make the outlet pass. Bargnani either cannot rebound effectively - or chooses not to; granted he is a decent passer for his size, but that doesn't really matter if he can't grab a defensive rebound. So... trade Bargnani for a defensive minded centre who can rebound and let Davis and Amir Johnson share time at the 4.

Comment

On that list, the only players I'm really interested in are Biedrins and Oden - and I don't think Oden is available.

The only problem with bringing in Biedrins is that he has a big ticket remaining on his deal, and it doesn't leave room for Ed Davis to develop as fast ... still, we would win more now - and that's a good thing.
                  The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Okafor is the only one who sticks out for me from that list.

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
                      How about the Raptors trade Bargnani? If they are truly going to be a fast paced team next year they need someone who can (1) rebound and (2) make the outlet pass. Bargnani either cannot rebound effectively - or chooses not to; granted he is a decent passer for his size, but that doesn't really matter if he can't grab a defensive rebound. So... trade Bargnani for a defensive minded centre who can rebound and let Davis and Amir Johnson share time at the 4.
                      I feel like teams that actually run 'n' gun would kill for a big man like Bargnani ... a 7-footer who can get out and run the lanes, while also being one of your deadliest weapons from beyond the arc? Yikes. Imagine him in Phoenix or Golden state ... they'd kill for him.

I think some people take his skillset for granted, but I guess until he improves his rebounding he is always going to be thrown under the bus by many people.
                      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        Fair enough.

You caught me trying to fudge

Out of the list "I'd trade for"

Answer - None from that list given the Raptors current roster.
                        Pretend Amir Johnson doesn't exist. What then?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

the rest are so so.
                          "If" Barg's in moved to PF it would be the stupidest shit I've ever seen. Your insulting yourself by even answering this.

Comment

Im all about the youth movement right now lol so if i were BC, I would try my hardest to land Hibbert. Since Wins/Losses won't do much for us for a while why not see some great potential grow up together? Not to mention 2 1st rd draft picks might be the last missing pieces before the Raptors get back on the radar and aren't dubbed the worst team in the East during offseasons. I should mention I have no idea how Hibbert plays I just see his stats so I can't back my statement up saying he will complement Bargs at C well. But he is young and I wish he wasn't traded away...
                            Last edited by Priest; Tue Aug 10, 2010, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Pretend Amir Johnson doesn't exist. What then?
                              That is one of the funniest remarks you have made here. You get a +10 for that 4sure

To tell you the truth I would rather have Bargnani, with all due respect to his family, friends and fans, not exist; well only part of him. The part that tries to play defense.

However, to answer your question I would make sure that the Raptors had the best trainers, strength coach and therapists, in the NBA, not they don't already, and then choose Oden.

Comment

Working...
                              X