If Bargs Plays PF, Who Should Play C?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    What makes you think that Bargnani is going to play PF?

Isn't he playing center for the Italian team?

Even if the Raptors had obtained Chandler there is no guarantee that Chandler would have started.

Some fans might have wanted him to start alongside Bargnani but I am not so sure that is what Triano would have done. I know fire Triano now
    Seriously? Not gonna start Chandler? Are you sure that would have been the best idea? Chandler would have started with Bargs, and Amir would be coming off of the bench. It would have been a great trade....too bad it didnt happen.

Comment

Of the list Hibbert, and Oden maybe Okafor but I prefer Bargs excepting the role of a 5. He's no 4. He needs to be paired with a strong weak side defender. I really like Davis, Amir in that role, however, as far as Centers go Oden and Hibbert fit that mould.

Comment

CalibreMC wrote: View Post
        Seriously? Not gonna start Chandler? Are you sure that would have been the best idea? Chandler would have started with Bargs, and Amir would be coming off of the bench. It would have been a great trade....too bad it didnt happen.
        It certainly would be a tough call.

However two things

1. Chandler has been injured the last two seasons bad enough to cause him to 66 games over that period. Can he still handle the load as a starter? Why take the risk?

2. The Johnson and Bargnani pairing last season was highly successful. See here

http://nba-25-15.blogspot.com/2010/0...breakdown.html
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Bargnani would be best paired with a center who is tough, who plays strong defense, who rebounds the ball well and who does not require a lot of touches on offense. Out of that list Okafor or Oden would be the best fit. Oden is a high risk play given his history of injuries.
          I cant agree more with you, if (and that is another IF buddah) calderon isnt traded, and he is playing, opposing pgs are going to drive to the rim like crazy if bargnani is there, i think that having a tough, gritty big man is the only thing you can go for here. I like hibbert, thabeet, oden, but in the end okafor would be my choice.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
            I feel like teams that actually run 'n' gun would kill for a big man like Bargnani ... a 7-footer who can get out and run the lanes, while also being one of your deadliest weapons from beyond the arc? Yikes. Imagine him in Phoenix or Golden state ... they'd kill for him.

I think some people take his skillset for granted, but I guess until he improves his rebounding he is always going to be thrown under the bus by many people.
            The reason that run and gun teams fail is because they dont have any defence. Bargnani would be an excellent player to add to a runngun team if they have another defensive centre, and the raptors dont

Comment

Dream team starting 5

pg Marcus Banks
              sg Marco Belinelli
              sf Linas Kleiza
              pf Reggie Evans
              c David Andersen

70 wins I guarantee... What?!

Just kidding, I m kind of bored at work.

Comment

Chandler would have started, with Johnson coming off the bench. Isn't Chandler a possible starter for team USA (no Raptor even got a call, that includes Johnson)? The reason I don't think Colangelo likes any of the slower bigs, is that he seems to like players that can guard multiple positions and switch off. As for getting rid of Bargs, I think I need one year with him as a focal point to make a final judgement. I think he is one player on our team that is a tough match-up for other teams. Can now play in the post when smaller forwards guard him and take slower forwards outside and off the dribble. Placing a center beside him that can take away some of his defensive responsibilities (Bosh was a fantastic player, but didn't compliment Bargs) would be ideal IMO.

Comment

Hibbert would be best, big man who could re-bound and play in the post. Okafor would also be a nice aquisition, but hes naturally a PF not a C. Chandler would of been our starter NO DOUBT in my mind if he came here, and Barg would start at PF. We have a lot of players on our team already who can do the run-n-gun offense, we need a solid DEFENSIVE MINDED Center. Hibbert would be graet cause he has a future, Dalembert would be nice for a year or so.. Thabeet is also intruiging

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                    Fair enough.

You caught me trying to fudge

Out of the list "I'd trade for"

Answer - None from that list given the Raptors current roster.
                    interesting, so would you pursue a center?
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                      In the title it clearly says "If" how come you can't just answer the question?

oh wait I just got it you want Bargnani to play center so your man-crush can play starting pf. I can't believe I actually had to think about it for a second.

seriously, though amir is better off the bench. Out of that list i'd trade for Biedrins,Hibbert, Gortat.

highest risk is Oden and Okafor.

the rest are so so.
                      hahahaahahhahahah

Comment

Gortat.

Availability a possibility (unlike many of the others)...for cap reasons (Orl. much over), he wants more playing time (not behind Howard he wont), they drafted Orton.

He is a tough player, runs well for a big man, rebounds well and active defensively, has some offensive game. He is also affordable I believe @ about 6 mill. per. The Magic may go for expirings.

Comment

madeupid25 wrote: View Post
                          Dream team starting 5

pg Marcus Banks
                          sg Marco Belinelli
                          sf Linas Kleiza
                          pf Reggie Evans
                          c David Andersen

70 wins I guarantee... What?!

Just kidding, I m kind of bored at work.
                          i prefer the lineup of:

PG - Calderon
                          SG - Belinelli
                          SF - Kleiza
                          PF - Bargs
                          C - Andersen

WHITE OUT IN TORONTO!! its like a dream come true!

Comment

Black Angus: How about we trade Bargnani? Firstly, BC will never trade his "number one pick" nor should he because Bargs is far and away the best player on this team and he's worth more to us than we could ever get in any trade (Check NBA bias towards Euro's). Secondly, Why do you assume his rebounding will not go up this season? He's gaining more experience as a Center this off season playing for his national team against a high level of competition in games that matter so he'll be ready to take his game to the next level.

Comment

I think that Bargnani should stay at the 5. Yes, he will never develop into his fullest of games at the 5, but he is more useful to us there. He is faster, more agile and can pull up on slower even bigger centers. I think that Bargnani should be put at 5 on the offence and go to the 4 when going back on the defence... Just an idea...

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Bargnani would be best paired with a center who is tough, who plays strong defense, who rebounds the ball well and who does not require a lot of touches on offense. Out of that list Okafor or Oden would be the best fit. Oden is a high risk play given his history of injuries.
                                I agree with what you are saying but I would not go for okafor cause I think he is undersized at the center spot. Oden is the best on that list for Toronto but I don't think he will live up to his potential. I am rarely hearing talk a out alabi, why is that if your just looking for rebounds and defense I don't see him being a problem at center this year

Comment

Working...
                                X