Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Raptors Player Power Rankings

Raptors Republic Rookie Fon Riego's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote yertu damkule wrote: View Post
    you can't argue with that kind of hard-core statistical analysis.
    I never told it was...do you have a better one?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

agree (well, except for the fact that you left amir off the list...and for where barbosa is ranked).

still not sure why we're all automatically pencilling kleiza in as the de facto starting 3, when it makes more sense (IMHO) to start weems at the 2 & DD at the 3. what's the point of (re-)building around a core if you don't give them a chance to play together? why is weems always thought of as a 3 (coming off the bench), while DD is considered a 2?

anyway, bargs is the default #1 (a tear...). after that, it gets a bit murky - DD would seem to slide into the 2nd banana role, but if weems is starting at the 2 (like i think he should), i can see him being quite high.

i'd be moving barbosa down significantly, at least until we see him in game action. his perimeter game has gone downhill, and he'll need good complementary players on the floor with him in order to take advantage of really the only thing he does at an above-average level (which is get out on the break). his game is completely 'change-of-pace' oriented, and if he's just going to be stuck in a corner waiting for jose to bring the ball up, it'll be a total waste.

since it's a total rebuild year, i really feel you have to throw the youngsters out there, if for nothing else than to separate the wheat from the chaff. that means lots of bargs, lot's of DD, lot's of sonny & ED. and even lots of amir. basically, anyone who is being asked to step into a new situation is going to get a solid chunk of time/touches. players who have an established NBA identity (jose, jack, kleiza, etc.) should be periphery/supporting players.
    I agree. If we look at the stats, torontos most effective lineup offensively and defensivley was with dd at the 3 and sonny at the 2

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

From a Power ranking perspective only and not necessarily based on who had, has or will develop more talent:
    1) Bargnani
    2) DeMar DeRozan
    3) Leandron Barbosa
    4) Linas Kleiza
    5) Jarret Jack
    6) Amir Johnson
    7) Jose Calderone
    8) Ed Davis
    9) David Anderson
    10) Sonny Weems
    11) Solomon Alabi
    12) Who cares after these guys?

Starters if there are no more moves should likely be:
    Bargnani
    Johnson ( may lose out to Davis if he's ready and if not by season's end)
    Kleiza
    DeMar
    Jack

Raptors Republic Rookie JoeRitsma's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You ever heard of a small sample size?
    Balding Spalding - NBA Analysis and Coverage

Raptors Republic Rookie RAPT0RS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

agree (well, except for the fact that you left amir off the list...and for where barbosa is ranked).

still not sure why we're all automatically pencilling kleiza in as the de facto starting 3, when it makes more sense (IMHO) to start weems at the 2 & DD at the 3. what's the point of (re-)building around a core if you don't give them a chance to play together? why is weems always thought of as a 3 (coming off the bench), while DD is considered a 2?

anyway, bargs is the default #1 (a tear...). after that, it gets a bit murky - DD would seem to slide into the 2nd banana role, but if weems is starting at the 2 (like i think he should), i can see him being quite high.

i'd be moving barbosa down significantly, at least until we see him in game action. his perimeter game has gone downhill, and he'll need good complementary players on the floor with him in order to take advantage of really the only thing he does at an above-average level (which is get out on the break). his game is completely 'change-of-pace' oriented, and if he's just going to be stuck in a corner waiting for jose to bring the ball up, it'll be a total waste.

since it's a total rebuild year, i really feel you have to throw the youngsters out there, if for nothing else than to separate the wheat from the chaff. that means lots of bargs, lot's of DD, lot's of sonny & ED. and even lots of amir. basically, anyone who is being asked to step into a new situation is going to get a solid chunk of time/touches. players who have an established NBA identity (jose, jack, kleiza, etc.) should be periphery/supporting players.
    Yes my point exactly. And forgetting Amir was a total accident :-P I would slot him about 4-7 range, and now Bellineli is gone it should be interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2010-2011 Season

28. Toronto Raptors (2-8)
    Last week ó Lost to Charlotte, won at Orlando, lost at Miami
    Granted, Andrea Bargnaniís primary job responsibilities are to shoot and score (20.5 ppg), but itís OK to pass every now and then (1.1 apg). Heís already had three games this year where heís played 30-plus minutes and finished with zero assists.
    Source: DimeMag.com

Raptors Republic Rookie philwill's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jarrett Jack -10
    It's about money

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information