Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raptors Trade Belinelli To Hornets For Julian Wright

Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptors Trade Belinelli To Hornets For Julian Wright

via Twitter (@STEIN_LINE_HQ)
    ESPN.com sources: Hornets and Raptors have also agreed to a separate trade that will send Julian Wright to Toronto for Marco Belinelli
    Apparently we just traded Bellinelli for Julian Wright?

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptors Trade Belinelli to Hornets for Julian Wright

As per Marc Stein:

STEIN_LINE_HQ
    ESPN.com sources: Hornets and Raptors have also agreed to a separate trade that will send Julian Wright to Toronto for Marco Belinelli

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Sickkkkk !!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

so much for you guys who wanted belli to stick around.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

not super familiar with wright, tho i vaguely remember a lot of people saying he might be a bust. whats the word?

Post Thanks / Like

pissed collison got dealt and we didn't get him ugh

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Julian Wright is average and has some potential, but much better than Marco, plus it frees up more mins for Derozan

Post Thanks / Like

pissed collison got dealt to one of caldeorn's sutiors. who'
    s left?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Post Thanks / Like

ya, we did and i'm so excited........................................... ........................................

okay, i'm totally not that just makes it even more boring.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

it works for us positionally, and only really gave up a guy who would be buried on the bench. works for me.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He adds about $500K to the 10-11 payroll.

He is 23.

He had a nice rookie year but has fallen off the last two seasons.

Still has some nice upside at the SF spot.

Lanky/

Showed a nice shooting range as rookie but the last two seasons nothing

Decent rebounder for #3

Has the potential to be a pretty good small forward.

Maybe Carlesimo and English can get him back on track.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Did this actually happen? If it did im so happy...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, a move I agree with.

Marco wasn't going to cut it in TO for whatever reasons. All the best on the bench in NO. I wonder if this means Barg's may be moved as Bellineli was like the (Bosh) Jack acqusition ie best friend, for Barg's.

Wright, who got slammed on hard by Bosh last season, is a solid wing prospect that can put the ball on the floor and get to the hoop and finish above the rim w/ authority. Wright has under acheived after being the 13th pick out of Kansas a few years ago but he has the top line athletic talent to fit in with the YG'z he just needs to become more consistent- it'll be interesting to watch his situation unfold as I think he will be better than Kleiza as a SF Raptor prospect. Wright is best in open court situations and can play solid D- J needs work(good form) as do handles but he has heart from watching him play at Kansas. Could be a nice spark plug off the bench. Also, it gives the Raptors fans another above the rim dunker to go head up w/ DD, Weems, Davis & Amir.

Here's a statement on JWight needing a new basketball environment from Dime Magazine:
    http://dimemag.com/2010/07/10-nba-pl...ry/#more-50151
    Julian Wright — Wright is one of those players that is about to move from the “he has potential” category to the “bust” category. He is athletically gifted but doesn’t possess much else in his game. He already did not get off to a good start with new coach Monty Williams, refusing the coach’s request to play in Summer League. The Hornets also drafted Quincy Pondexter, who can play small forward, so the writing is on the wall for Wright in New Orleans. A move to a place like Phoenix or New York would showcase his talents and may help salvage his career.
    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Wed Aug 11th, 2010 at 02:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I was one person pushing for a Collison trade and consistently got ragged on for my proposals, but I personally think some of the ideas I floated out there would have been as good or better a return for NO than Ariza, given his contract! Ariza for Collison & Posey??? That's it? I assumed NO would insist on a team taking Okafor as well, rather than Posey! WOW!

Post Thanks / Like

I just have the funny feeling that this is one of those under the radar moves that Colangelo has made a name for himself with. Wright is a big young kid to throw out at SF from time to time. Could it turn out a success like "Delfino for a 2nd round pick" or Amir Johnson and Sonny Weems for Delfino"? Time will tell...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Julian Wright is a stud, I used to bounce around Halifax trying to find a bar that would show his games when he was at Kansas. He has been at the top of the list of guys I've wanted the raps to pursue. Buried in NO in a similar fashion to Amir in Detroit, he has never gotten the opportunity or reps to showcase his skills.

He is the future starting SF for the raps. I could not be more ecstatic about a seemingly meaningless trade. He still needs a fair bit of work since he has spent most of his short career wasting away on the bench, but hopefully the young gunz take him under thier wing and he starts getting with the program.

I actually like Beli, but he become redundant once the raps got the blur.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Coangelo hasn't been the best at landing big names but he seems to excel at getting players for nothing and then moving them when their stock is high for something better. Don't know anything about this guy but he looks like a fit.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I was one person pushing for a Collison trade and consistently got ragged on for my proposals, but I personally think some of the ideas I floated out there would have been as good or better a return for NO than Ariza, given his contract! Ariza for Collison & Posey??? That's it? I assumed NO would insist on a team taking Okafor as well, rather than Posey! WOW!
    Um, what exactly were your proposals? Because New Orleans comes out very well in this deal. Being able to shed Posey's contract is huge. Maybe not as big as Okafor, but if they traded Okafor then Paul would get really pissed. And with the addition of Ariza, they have a legitimate (and young) starting SF with championship experience. All this for a bad contract and a young PG that played well for half a season.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Scouting report via http://www.nbadraft.net/players/julian-wright

Strengths: Can create mismatches all over the floor with his size and point guard skills, i.e. dribbling and passing. Can take bigger guys off the dribble and post up smaller players. Able to play the finesse game as well as be a bull in the post. Very tough minded, which is a misconception based upon his slight frame. Led the Jayhawks in rebounding his sophomore year by a wide margin with 7.8 per game, with the next highest total being 5.6 rpg. Improved in every statistical category his sophomore year besides blocks, which stayed on pace at 1.3 per game. A very hard worker, evidenced by his statistical climb from freshman to sophomore year and the noticeable improvement on his jumpshot. Capable of making eye popping plays either as a distributor, a finisher and also on the defensive end of the floor. A great personality in the locker room, any team looking to change the attitude in the locker room or strengthen team chemistry would be doing themselves a disservice by overlooking him. A player capable of filling up the stat sheet; Kirilenko-esque.

Weaknesses: First and foremost, his jumpshot. While it is undoubtedly improved, there is still much work to be done. With a reliable jumpshot that defenders would have to respect, the damage Julian could do to opposing defenses would jump tenfold. Also alarming is Julians performance at the 2007 combine where he came in 66th in total athleticism. Especially startling is his performance in the bench press drills where he could only lift the 185 pound bar twice. After two full years with a major collegiate teams strength program, one would think he would be able to lift more than two reps. Also, which position does Julian fit in the pros? He is a quick four? A big three? It would come down to team need I believe and offensive philosophy.

Conclusion: On the right team, Julians style of play could ignite a teams offense. His long arms, he measured in with a 72 wingspan and a 9 standing reach at the combine, allow his to play bigger than he really is and equip him to play frustrating on the ball defense. While his lack of strength might raise some red flags, it never seemed to be an issue while playing at Kansas, where he faced first class talent on an almost nightly basis. Patience is the key with Julian; once he figures out his role on the team and what he is capable of, and also if he is ever able to consistently knock down his outside jumpers, then the dividends of his game will unfold.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Marz wrote: View Post
    Um, what exactly were your proposals? Because New Orleans comes out very well in this deal. Being able to shed Posey's contract is huge. Maybe not as big as Okafor, but if they traded Okafor then Paul would get really pissed. And with the addition of Ariza, they have a legitimate (and young) starting SF with championship experience. All this for a bad contract and a young PG that played well for half a season.
    I'm just saying that I expected NO to get a lot more for Collison, either by means of additions to their teams (ie: players or draft picks) or subtraction (ie: Okafor's contract). I think Ariza will fit well, I am just surprised they couldn't get more than just him.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information