Bosh: Colangelo's Comments Were "Unfortunate"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
    Sleepz: Check yourself, Colangelo merely stated that Rupaul was cleared to play but chose not too...What does that say to you? As for his "checked out" comment, that was merely his opinion just like when Rupaul said that T.O "smelled different" and basically implied that living in Toronto was like living on another planet which was a classless and distasteful thing to say about the team and city that embraced him for 7 long years. As for Bosh taking the high road, is that a joke?...Is that what he was doing when he was tweeting like a teenage girl during the big Free Agency week while most Raptor fans were twisting in agony...Colangelo has been around NBA players long enough to know when they may have "checked out" on their team like Rupaul. As for his so called lack of acquiring talent, I guess you were the only one in Raptorland that could foresee Hedo imploding and that must make you special.
    +100. Makes you laugh when you see some people getting hypnotized by the media, who seem to have it out for the franchise and our city. Well...let me leave you with this, from your beloved Chris-tina Byatch:

"Chris Bosh admits 'playing with people's emotions' before signing with Miami Heat during free agency"

"If you think about how many times somebody asks you, 'How are you,' that's how many times I was asked, 'Where you going?" said Bosh, who was in Manhattan Wednesday to unveil his Got Milk! advertisement. "So it's like, well, in my case, I'm going to have fun with it. I'm going to play with people's emotions. I'm going to be high and low."

"I wouldn't call it a game because it's serious, but, I mean, it's entertainment at the end of the day. It's the truth," Bosh said. "We're entertaining and everything but at the same time I'm just getting my feelings out there.

"It's entertaining to see people react to your real emotions because if it wasn't fun I wouldn't do it."

"By joining the Heat and forming a megastar compilation, Bosh - who has never won a playoff round - immediately set the bar to the highest level.

"Championship. First year. That's the goal," he said. "That's what we're trying to achieve.

"I think everybody knows that. I think everybody in the organization is on the same page. I think LeBron and Dwyane will say the same exact thing. It's either championship or fail for the duration that we're together. We did this to win a championship. So there is no two-year, three-year plan. It's like let's play right now for a championship."
    LINK:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...ng_tweets.html

Must be nice to play with season ticket buyers, fans and franchises' emotions, all for his own enjoyment. F**k Byatch, he's gettin' BOO'd!!!!
    Last edited by GameBreaker; Wed Aug 11, 2010, 06:42 PM.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

the ankle injury forced bosh to miss 7 games total.

bc said bosh could have played 6 of those games on the fan 590 with bobcat.

when does an ankle indury only take 1 day to heal ?

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
        the ankle injury forced bosh to miss 7 games total.

bc said bosh could have played 6 of those games on the fan 590 with bobcat.

when does an ankle indury only take 1 day to heal ?
        But didn't the doctors say that it was a mild injury or sum'n like that?
        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
          i dont understand why people think bosh checked out...

he missed 7 games after the all start break with an ankle injury. ankle injuries are difficult to recover from and 7 games is on the short end.

he had games where he scored 42, 34, 28, 36, 28 after the all-star break.
          in march he averaged 22pts n 9rbds...

his production in march was 2 pts and 2 rbds less than his season average.

but games in march n april are significantly more defensive and teams usually tighten up.

also he was coming back from an injury.

how can we seriously say that bosh checked out...

this is just another BC trick to give BC a free pass.
          Not a BC fan?

Bosh injured on Feb 18. Returned March 07.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/teams/players/bio/?id=924

By my count that was 18 days. Yes, ankle injuries can be bothersome, no two players have the same pain tolerance yada yada.

The point you do not raise (nor Bosh) is that the doctors pronounced him fit (no swelling, mri/xray checks) much before he felt it appropriate to play. The timing of the season and team position in the standings are other large issues. DD and Wright I recall suffered ankle sprains/twists. Wright if I remember came back in a couple of days (in one case...he had a couple of sprains) and DD's took a week or so but was held back from returning too soon. I do not have the links on these and reprimand me if I am off base.

There is too much circumstantial evid. to point to Bosh not wanting to jeopardize his free agency signing...one that he had ALREADY decided on at the time. To believe he was giving his all for a team he had no intention on continuing with is to ....
          Even his teammates knew he was headed off about 2 months before season's end (Bargnani interview) .... and coincidental with his ankle injury (Feb 18- April 14). He also wasnt about to score/play badly (low stats) to create any doubt about his effectiveness. He could even have chosen to play with a mask after his mustache bone crack. One could make the case that Hedo's playing with his orbital bone injury was a more dangerous circumstance...and that was way before the season was in the balance.

Comment

This whole argument is a waste of time. IMHO. Get over it. Get on with it. Raptors 2010-2011 starts... NOW!
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              The point you do not raise (nor Bosh) is that the doctors pronounced him fit (no swelling, mri/xray checks) much before he felt it appropriate to play.
              but how do you know bosh was cleared to play ?

cuz bc told u? please

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
                But didn't the doctors say that it was a mild injury or sum'n like that?
                we've never heard anything from a doctor... and missing 7 games is due to even a "mild" ankle sprain doesnt surprise me.

people have had mild ankle sprains and have missed months.

especially for bigs, how are you supposed to fight for a rebound with an ankle sprain ?

Comment

bc is the only person who we've heard anything from regarding bosh's ankle sprain after the all-star break

bc is the only person who benefits by making excuses and saying well bosh could have come back early so its not my fault we missed the playoffs.

bc is trying to get you to not think about how horrible the team mates he put around bosh for the last 3 seasons.

moon, kapono, graham. bosh never had a centre, or a decent wing... and u still want to cover for bc ?

Comment

Vinnie_Paz: People have had mild ankle sprains and missed months??? Are you talking about NBA players or old ladies who missed months of lawn bowling at the retirement home? Your argument is complete nonsense...Firstly, a real "number one" player doesnt miss 3 weeks on a mild ankle sprainy especially with all the resources nowadays to help heal faster. Secondly, BC drafted Bargnani, signed Jermaine O'Neal and then Hedo and put in place at least a decent supporting cast to help Rupaul and that would of been enough for a real "number one" to at least get his team past the first round. Thirdly, If you listen to what BC has said this offseason you would know that he has taken full responsibility for the team not having a successful season. At least BC had the balls to say that and then he returned fire and just spoke the truth about Rupaul after that "fake number one" disrespected the city and basically the franchise with his idiotic statements about "smell".

Comment

how do we know it was a mild sprain ?

yea bargs, j.o. and hedo were the 3 best players bosh got to play with... wow i cant believ he left

Comment

RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
                        Thirdly, If you listen to what BC has said this offseason you would know that he has taken full responsibility for the team not having a successful season.
                        just ask yourself this ?

how can you take FULL RESPONSIBILITY for not having a successful season but then blame bosh for checking out ?

Comment

Because that's how it was reported to the media. Besides, if it was more severe why wouldnt that have been reported? What was there to gain by downplaying it from the beginning?

But your right Vinnie_paz, BC is the worst GM in the NBA, I mean he couldnt even land mega superstars to help little Rupaul (they just happened to be locked in contracts during Rupaul's last 4 seasons here). The point once again, is Rupaul had enough to get past the first round and this season had he stayed could of been the franchises best. He left because he was a fake number one, he last "injury" was a fake and he couldnt wait to be D-Wade's and Lebron's bitch in Miami instead of trying to be a real number one on his own team.

Comment

All he did was the tell the truth about how he felt Bosh was like at the end of the season. He and any GM or coach has the right to say that if they believe it to be true it's called "Freedom of Expression". That doesnt mean that BC didnt carry the burden for his team being unsuccessful.

Comment

I agree fully that bosh isn't a franchise player... but that's not the argument... the argument is whether or not bosh checked out after the all star game...

I say he didn't u say he did...

let's leave it at that...

Comment

I know what the argument is...However your bashing Colangelo for more than just the "checked out" statement and I'm defending him and his actions...

Comment

Working...
                                X