Bosh: Colangelo's Comments Were "Unfortunate"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
    i dont understand why people think bosh checked out...

he missed 7 games after the all start break with an ankle injury. ankle injuries are difficult to recover from and 7 games is on the short end.

he had games where he scored 42, 34, 28, 36, 28 after the all-star break.
    in march he averaged 22pts n 9rbds...

his production in march was 2 pts and 2 rbds less than his season average.

but games in march n april are significantly more defensive and teams usually tighten up.

also he was coming back from an injury.

how can we seriously say that bosh checked out...

this is just another BC trick to give BC a free pass.
    i think BCs exact word were, he mentally checked out. doesnt mean he wont score 25pts and grab 10rebs. he probably wasnt communicating in the locker room as much as he used to, he wasnt being vocal. you know sometimes you come to work and do everything as you always do, but youre already thinking about going home and watching the raptors. same thing.

Comment

you said bosh lied... what did he lie about ? why do you believe in your head that bosh lied to us about something ?

copying and pasting stats in so pointless... look at ur post do u really think anyone can understand what those numbers mean ?
      i think he lied when he said he was still considering the raptors as a possible destination for him, when it was clear he wasnt even communicating with the them anymore. i think he lied when he said he was just chilling in miami after the season. lies become lies when youve been caught. if he didnt sign with miami, then yeah, his visits there were just for relaxation. but now that he is with miami, its a total lie. get it? he couldve chilled here in toronto. it was summer here.

Comment

the ankle injury forced bosh to miss 7 games total.

bc said bosh could have played 6 of those games on the fan 590 with bobcat.

when does an ankle indury only take 1 day to heal ?
        how did you know it was an ankle injury? did you hear the doctor say it was an ankle injury? what if it was a fentullum carpal triescum minicus injury? exactly.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
          Colangelo is a clown. Why try and say or insinuate something that there is NO PROOF or evdience to support?

He made the Raps organization look petty and whiny and it looks worse as Bosh has taken the high road and not criticized or "implied" anything about High Collars at all and his lack of acquiring talent.

Colangelo never played a game in his life so to make the call that real players are faking injuries or checking out is ridiculous.

One minute Bosh is 'stat padding' (whatever that means, I still don't know) and the next he's not putting up good enough numbers? lol, hilarious.

I wish Bosh did stop playing a lot earlier so this teams slide into obscurity happened a lot sooner than it did.
          i think BC did the right thing coming out and saying all those things. Its good for them to air their side of the story. They always get the blame for the team underperforming, but if things like this happen, it should be out in the open. Much the same when players bash management and ask for trades.

Comment

but how do you know bosh was cleared to play ?

cuz bc told u? please
            i dont think BC would invent something like that. there would be records to prove such things. if bosh really felt bad that BC bashed him, why didnt he take it further as ask the team to make the records public? I think its a tremendous knack on bosh's personality and professionalism, yet he didnt even issue a public statement because he knows, BC is telling the truth.

Comment

bc is the only person who we've heard anything from regarding bosh's ankle sprain after the all-star break

bc is the only person who benefits by making excuses and saying well bosh could have come back early so its not my fault we missed the playoffs.

bc is trying to get you to not think about how horrible the team mates he put around bosh for the last 3 seasons.

moon, kapono, graham. bosh never had a centre, or a decent wing... and u still want to cover for bc ?
              we also heard from the broadcasters, other raptors players and bosh himself regarding his ankle sprain, not just BC

i think he just re-stated it, it was fairly obvious if you were watching the games that the team needed bosh and yes, bosh not playing cost them the playoffs. its a given.

you cant really blame him for that. he did as much as he can with a limited budget (mlse wont go over the cap and pay the luxury tax) and given the reputation of this city (high taxes, cold weather). he traveled far and wide (so to speak) to find cheap talent that could potentially turn into gold. like other things in life, there are risks and gambles, and it didnt pay off for him so move on. at the time he offered contracts to bargs and calderon, they were playing great and the team was doing well, so cant fault him for that either.

j.o., garbo, AP, were excellent players. bosh just didnt like to pass to them.

Comment

how do we know it was a mild sprain ?

yea bargs, j.o. and hedo were the 3 best players bosh got to play with... wow i cant believ he left
                how did you know it wasnt? If your boss said, the company made 5million dollars this year, do you actually go into his office and look at the exact numbers? if your boss said come in next week because Chris is sick with hepatitis, do you actually go to chris' house with a doctor and have him analyzed for hepatitis? i dont think so. BC said he Bosh had a mild sprain because thats what the doctors told them.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                  i think he lied when he said he was still considering the raptors as a possible destination for him, when it was clear he wasnt even communicating with the them anymore. i think he lied when he said he was just chilling in miami after the season. lies become lies when youve been caught. if he didnt sign with miami, then yeah, his visits there were just for relaxation. but now that he is with miami, its a total lie. get it? he couldve chilled here in toronto. it was summer here.
                  I'm almost at my wits end with this whole Bosh melodrama. I don't think many if any people are mad that he left, I'm not even upset at how he left. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. He has peaked as a player and plateaued as a person a decade ago. He's over priced as a 3rd banana and unqualified as a 1st. He should go down as one of the worst franchise player's in NBA history. A 'franchise' guy who didn't make anyone on his team better, caused his team to constantly underachieve, treated defense like he does integrity, milked one injury during a playoff race and abandoned his team after another allthewhile lying to anyone who would listen about what/where/when/why and how he would approach free agency. In the immortal words of Gary Busey, he is a gut maggot with no guts. Heck I might even stop drinking milk.

Comment

just ask yourself this ?

how can you take FULL RESPONSIBILITY for not having a successful season but then blame bosh for checking out ?
                    same thing as when you say i take full responsibility for this event getting rained out. go figure.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                      I'm almost at my wits end with this whole Bosh melodrama. I don't think many if any people are mad that he left, I'm not even upset at how he left. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. He has peaked as a player and plateaued as a person a decade ago. He's over priced as a 3rd banana and unqualified as a 1st. He should go down as one of the worst franchise player's in NBA history. A 'franchise' guy who didn't make anyone on his team better, caused his team to constantly underachieve, treated defense like he does integrity, milked one injury during a playoff race and abandoned his team after another allthewhile lying to anyone who would listen about what/where/when/why and how he would approach free agency. In the immortal words of Gary Busey, he is a gut maggot with no guts. Heck I might even stop drinking milk.
                      hahaha well said mo. i think everybody's just pissed at how he handled the situation. its like having a gf and then you break up and then your gf says oh the last year we were together, i faked an orgasm and was actually already thinking of other guys! hahahaha same with bosh. and nobody ever wants to get two-timed.

Comment

the ankle injury forced bosh to miss 7 games total.

bc said bosh could have played 6 of those games on the fan 590 with bobcat.

when does an ankle indury only take 1 day to heal ?
                        i dont think BC ment when bosh hurt his ankle but rather when he broke his face! not sure how many games were left at that point in the season but bosh never did return after that & even Turkyglu managed to play with "MASK" bosh is a pussy and always will be

Comment

if he was gona coast, why not get 12 pts 5 rbds every game... maybe bosh was frustrated b/c the team was losing and like many other players have said there was NO ACCOUNTABILITY.

even if bosh played the best the raps expected to do was make the first round... some people think just making the playoffs is success... i think bosh and a lot of other people see anything less than winning a title is a failure and toronto is no where close to winning anything.

w/e we can argue about this all day i think bc ripped bosh just to make himself look not at fault, and a lot of you bought it just like usual.

Comment

if he was gona coast, why not get 12 pts 5 rbds every game... maybe bosh was frustrated b/c the team was losing and like many other players have said there was NO ACCOUNTABILITY.

even if bosh played the best the raps expected to do was make the first round... some people think just making the playoffs is success... i think bosh and a lot of other people see anything less than winning a title is a failure and toronto is no where close to winning anything.

w/e we can argue about this all day i think bc ripped bosh just to make himself look not at fault, and a lot of you bought it just like usual.
                            well thats not a mark of a "franchise player" then. if he was frustrated and didnt like losing then it just says exactly what youre trying to contradict, he checked out. this i agree with you, there was no accountability. there was no accountability on bosh's part. there's a lot of shoulda, woulda, coulda but in the end, bosh was accountable. he made the most money, he was the face of the franchise, he was the captain. you cant hold the gms, coaches accountable. theyre not playing. bosh is.

well, if youre not thinking playoff basketball is not good enough then you as a basketball player is not right in the head. of course you strive for the championship, but realistically, you aim for the playoffs, to put yourself in a position to win a championship. bosh can just think, oh, we're going to lose in the 1st round anyways so whats the point. cant think that way.

oh yeah, nobody's denying that bc ripped bosh, but not to make himself look not at fault, but to tell the fans and the other teams that im at fault, and so is this guy bosh youre all admiring just because he said he played hard. i think what youre trying to imply about bc is what bosh is doing to you. youre sucking up all his nice words just because you think he got 20/10 on a given night but thats all individual. no team. bosh is playing you vinnie. read between the tweets. he's got you under his spell.

Comment

Give BC credit, he still didn't spill the beans to the media about Bosh being a tranny

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                                well thats not a mark of a "franchise player" then. if he was frustrated and didnt like losing then it just says exactly what youre trying to contradict, he checked out. this i agree with you, there was no accountability. there was no accountability on bosh's part. there's a lot of shoulda, woulda, coulda but in the end, bosh was accountable. he made the most money, he was the face of the franchise, he was the captain. you cant hold the gms, coaches accountable. theyre not playing. bosh is.

well, if youre not thinking playoff basketball is not good enough then you as a basketball player is not right in the head. of course you strive for the championship, but realistically, you aim for the playoffs, to put yourself in a position to win a championship. bosh can just think, oh, we're going to lose in the 1st round anyways so whats the point. cant think that way.

oh yeah, nobody's denying that bc ripped bosh, but not to make himself look not at fault, but to tell the fans and the other teams that im at fault, and so is this guy bosh youre all admiring just because he said he played hard. i think what youre trying to imply about bc is what bosh is doing to you. youre sucking up all his nice words just because you think he got 20/10 on a given night but thats all individual. no team. bosh is playing you vinnie. read between the tweets. he's got you under his spell.
                                didnt understand a word of this... can you go back and like edit out all the unnecessary sentences... its like you were just typing whatever came to your head.

for the record i dont like bosh, and since 2006 have been saying he is not franchise. but all the other high profile FA's were on teams that were expected to make the playoffs and go past a couple of rounds...

bosh was the only one who was on a team who people said would be lucky to even make ther playoffs. whose fault is that ? bosh? or bc and his vision of bargs/bosh front court, and weems, kapono, graham, moon, parker, a rookie derozan, and all the other trashy wings bosh had to play with.

Comment

Working...
                                X