Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bosh: Colangelo's Comments Were "Unfortunate"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    The point you do not raise (nor Bosh) is that the doctors pronounced him fit (no swelling, mri/xray checks) much before he felt it appropriate to play.
    but how do you know bosh was cleared to play ?

cuz bc told u? please

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GameBreaker wrote: View Post
    But didn't the doctors say that it was a mild injury or sum'n like that?
    we've never heard anything from a doctor... and missing 7 games is due to even a "mild" ankle sprain doesnt surprise me.

people have had mild ankle sprains and have missed months.

especially for bigs, how are you supposed to fight for a rebound with an ankle sprain ?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

bc is the only person who we've heard anything from regarding bosh's ankle sprain after the all-star break

bc is the only person who benefits by making excuses and saying well bosh could have come back early so its not my fault we missed the playoffs.

bc is trying to get you to not think about how horrible the team mates he put around bosh for the last 3 seasons.

moon, kapono, graham. bosh never had a centre, or a decent wing... and u still want to cover for bc ?

Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorRoo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Vinnie_Paz: People have had mild ankle sprains and missed months??? Are you talking about NBA players or old ladies who missed months of lawn bowling at the retirement home? Your argument is complete nonsense...Firstly, a real "number one" player doesnt miss 3 weeks on a mild ankle sprainy especially with all the resources nowadays to help heal faster. Secondly, BC drafted Bargnani, signed Jermaine O'Neal and then Hedo and put in place at least a decent supporting cast to help Rupaul and that would of been enough for a real "number one" to at least get his team past the first round. Thirdly, If you listen to what BC has said this offseason you would know that he has taken full responsibility for the team not having a successful season. At least BC had the balls to say that and then he returned fire and just spoke the truth about Rupaul after that "fake number one" disrespected the city and basically the franchise with his idiotic statements about "smell".

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

how do we know it was a mild sprain ?

yea bargs, j.o. and hedo were the 3 best players bosh got to play with... wow i cant believ he left

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
    Thirdly, If you listen to what BC has said this offseason you would know that he has taken full responsibility for the team not having a successful season.
    just ask yourself this ?

how can you take FULL RESPONSIBILITY for not having a successful season but then blame bosh for checking out ?

Post Thanks / Like

Because that's how it was reported to the media. Besides, if it was more severe why wouldnt that have been reported? What was there to gain by downplaying it from the beginning?

But your right Vinnie_paz, BC is the worst GM in the NBA, I mean he couldnt even land mega superstars to help little Rupaul (they just happened to be locked in contracts during Rupaul's last 4 seasons here). The point once again, is Rupaul had enough to get past the first round and this season had he stayed could of been the franchises best. He left because he was a fake number one, he last "injury" was a fake and he couldnt wait to be D-Wade's and Lebron's bitch in Miami instead of trying to be a real number one on his own team.

Post Thanks / Like

All he did was the tell the truth about how he felt Bosh was like at the end of the season. He and any GM or coach has the right to say that if they believe it to be true it's called "Freedom of Expression". That doesnt mean that BC didnt carry the burden for his team being unsuccessful.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree fully that bosh isn't a franchise player... but that's not the argument... the argument is whether or not bosh checked out after the all star game...

I say he didn't u say he did...

let's leave it at that...

Post Thanks / Like

I know what the argument is...However your bashing Colangelo for more than just the "checked out" statement and I'm defending him and his actions...

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
    i dont understand why people think bosh checked out...

he missed 7 games after the all start break with an ankle injury. ankle injuries are difficult to recover from and 7 games is on the short end.

he had games where he scored 42, 34, 28, 36, 28 after the all-star break.
    in march he averaged 22pts n 9rbds...

his production in march was 2 pts and 2 rbds less than his season average.

but games in march n april are significantly more defensive and teams usually tighten up.

also he was coming back from an injury.

how can we seriously say that bosh checked out...

this is just another BC trick to give BC a free pass.
    i think BCs exact word were, he mentally checked out. doesnt mean he wont score 25pts and grab 10rebs. he probably wasnt communicating in the locker room as much as he used to, he wasnt being vocal. you know sometimes you come to work and do everything as you always do, but youre already thinking about going home and watching the raptors. same thing.

Post Thanks / Like

you said bosh lied... what did he lie about ? why do you believe in your head that bosh lied to us about something ?

copying and pasting stats in so pointless... look at ur post do u really think anyone can understand what those numbers mean ?
    i think he lied when he said he was still considering the raptors as a possible destination for him, when it was clear he wasnt even communicating with the them anymore. i think he lied when he said he was just chilling in miami after the season. lies become lies when youve been caught. if he didnt sign with miami, then yeah, his visits there were just for relaxation. but now that he is with miami, its a total lie. get it? he couldve chilled here in toronto. it was summer here.

Post Thanks / Like

the ankle injury forced bosh to miss 7 games total.

bc said bosh could have played 6 of those games on the fan 590 with bobcat.

when does an ankle indury only take 1 day to heal ?
    how did you know it was an ankle injury? did you hear the doctor say it was an ankle injury? what if it was a fentullum carpal triescum minicus injury? exactly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    Colangelo is a clown. Why try and say or insinuate something that there is NO PROOF or evdience to support?

He made the Raps organization look petty and whiny and it looks worse as Bosh has taken the high road and not criticized or "implied" anything about High Collars at all and his lack of acquiring talent.

Colangelo never played a game in his life so to make the call that real players are faking injuries or checking out is ridiculous.

One minute Bosh is 'stat padding' (whatever that means, I still don't know) and the next he's not putting up good enough numbers? lol, hilarious.

I wish Bosh did stop playing a lot earlier so this teams slide into obscurity happened a lot sooner than it did.
    i think BC did the right thing coming out and saying all those things. Its good for them to air their side of the story. They always get the blame for the team underperforming, but if things like this happen, it should be out in the open. Much the same when players bash management and ask for trades.

Post Thanks / Like

but how do you know bosh was cleared to play ?

cuz bc told u? please
    i dont think BC would invent something like that. there would be records to prove such things. if bosh really felt bad that BC bashed him, why didnt he take it further as ask the team to make the records public? I think its a tremendous knack on bosh's personality and professionalism, yet he didnt even issue a public statement because he knows, BC is telling the truth.

Post Thanks / Like

bc is the only person who we've heard anything from regarding bosh's ankle sprain after the all-star break

bc is the only person who benefits by making excuses and saying well bosh could have come back early so its not my fault we missed the playoffs.

bc is trying to get you to not think about how horrible the team mates he put around bosh for the last 3 seasons.

moon, kapono, graham. bosh never had a centre, or a decent wing... and u still want to cover for bc ?
    we also heard from the broadcasters, other raptors players and bosh himself regarding his ankle sprain, not just BC

i think he just re-stated it, it was fairly obvious if you were watching the games that the team needed bosh and yes, bosh not playing cost them the playoffs. its a given.

you cant really blame him for that. he did as much as he can with a limited budget (mlse wont go over the cap and pay the luxury tax) and given the reputation of this city (high taxes, cold weather). he traveled far and wide (so to speak) to find cheap talent that could potentially turn into gold. like other things in life, there are risks and gambles, and it didnt pay off for him so move on. at the time he offered contracts to bargs and calderon, they were playing great and the team was doing well, so cant fault him for that either.

j.o., garbo, AP, were excellent players. bosh just didnt like to pass to them.

Post Thanks / Like

how do we know it was a mild sprain ?

yea bargs, j.o. and hedo were the 3 best players bosh got to play with... wow i cant believ he left
    how did you know it wasnt? If your boss said, the company made 5million dollars this year, do you actually go into his office and look at the exact numbers? if your boss said come in next week because Chris is sick with hepatitis, do you actually go to chris' house with a doctor and have him analyzed for hepatitis? i dont think so. BC said he Bosh had a mild sprain because thats what the doctors told them.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    i think he lied when he said he was still considering the raptors as a possible destination for him, when it was clear he wasnt even communicating with the them anymore. i think he lied when he said he was just chilling in miami after the season. lies become lies when youve been caught. if he didnt sign with miami, then yeah, his visits there were just for relaxation. but now that he is with miami, its a total lie. get it? he couldve chilled here in toronto. it was summer here.
    I'm almost at my wits end with this whole Bosh melodrama. I don't think many if any people are mad that he left, I'm not even upset at how he left. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. He has peaked as a player and plateaued as a person a decade ago. He's over priced as a 3rd banana and unqualified as a 1st. He should go down as one of the worst franchise player's in NBA history. A 'franchise' guy who didn't make anyone on his team better, caused his team to constantly underachieve, treated defense like he does integrity, milked one injury during a playoff race and abandoned his team after another allthewhile lying to anyone who would listen about what/where/when/why and how he would approach free agency. In the immortal words of Gary Busey, he is a gut maggot with no guts. Heck I might even stop drinking milk.

Post Thanks / Like

just ask yourself this ?

how can you take FULL RESPONSIBILITY for not having a successful season but then blame bosh for checking out ?
    same thing as when you say i take full responsibility for this event getting rained out. go figure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    I'm almost at my wits end with this whole Bosh melodrama. I don't think many if any people are mad that he left, I'm not even upset at how he left. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. He has peaked as a player and plateaued as a person a decade ago. He's over priced as a 3rd banana and unqualified as a 1st. He should go down as one of the worst franchise player's in NBA history. A 'franchise' guy who didn't make anyone on his team better, caused his team to constantly underachieve, treated defense like he does integrity, milked one injury during a playoff race and abandoned his team after another allthewhile lying to anyone who would listen about what/where/when/why and how he would approach free agency. In the immortal words of Gary Busey, he is a gut maggot with no guts. Heck I might even stop drinking milk.
    hahaha well said mo. i think everybody's just pissed at how he handled the situation. its like having a gf and then you break up and then your gf says oh the last year we were together, i faked an orgasm and was actually already thinking of other guys! hahahaha same with bosh. and nobody ever wants to get two-timed.

Thread Information