Playing Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Time

In the thread "Current Raptors 2010-2011 Depth Chart" we looked at what the Raptors rotation may look like. Now, let's look at the time share:

Center
    Bargnani 35 min
    David Andersen: 10 min
    Ed Davis: 3 min

Power Forward
    Amir Johnson: 26 min
    Ed Davis: 22 min

Small Forward
    Linas Kleiza: 23 min
    DeMar DeRozan: 16 min
    Julian Wright: 9 min

Shooting Guard
    DeMar DeRozan:19 min
    Leandro Barbosa: 14 min
    Sonny Weems: 15 min

Point Guard

Jarret Jack: 25 min
    Jose Calderon: 20 min
    Leandro Barbosa: 3 min

DNP
    Reggie Evans
    Solomon Alabi
    Marcus Banks

When you actually start trying to piece it together it becomes difficult to say the least. Having Barbosa in town limits the need for Calderon or Jack, take your pick. No wonder they're trying to move Jose because with him out of the picture things would free up significantly for all the young guys trying to get time.

Don't see Weems averaging less than 20 mins and Wright more than 5...

Comment

The Hornets had far more depth and success than the Raptors over the past three seasons and Wright averaged 12 minutes. He's invested a lot of time this off-season working on specific skills and I think he'll have chip on his shoulder with a lot to prove come camp.

Comment

you do realize that Barbosa is a SG. He can't handle the ball... he has no handles...

Comment

That's not true at all. He played both guard positions in Phoenix.

Comment

No way that they are going to play 12 man rotation.
            Wright & Barbosa will be DNP, unless someone is hurt.

Comment

dn66 wrote: View Post
              No way that they are going to play 12 man rotation.
              Wright & Barbosa will be DNP, unless someone is hurt.
              Noooo way...Wright maybe (I don't think so but who really knows) but Barbosa being DNP usually, it's just not going to happen.

Comment

Barbosa will be the first or second guy off the bench.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I think Barbosa will be either the first or second guard off of the bench.

I also think he will get a lot of minutes in the 4th quarter when Triano goes small ball.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    I think Barbosa will be either the first or second guard off of the bench.

I also think he will get a lot of minutes in the 4th quarter when Triano goes small ball.
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I personally think it makes more sense to trade Barbosa. He has higher value given his shorter contract and 6th man microwave reputation around the league. Without Barbosa, things become a lot easier at the 1-2-3 positions:

PG: Jose 24 min, Jack 24 min
                      SG: DeRozan 30 min, Weems 18 min
                      SF: Kleiza 24 min, Weems 6 min, Wright 18 min

That's enough time for everyone imo.

Comment

Balancing the minutes will be tough, i'd like to see more for weems and wright although am not sure at whose expense. If Alabi is going to be DNP then we should send him to the D-League. Overall I think your minutes are pretty accurate. I could see Andersen getting a little less and Amir getting a little more.
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Fon Riego wrote: View Post
                          Noooo way...Wright maybe (I don't think so but who really knows) but Barbosa being DNP usually, it's just not going to happen.
                          ya, geez what was that guy smoking. that was so ridiculous.

alabi will be d-league, kleiza will be getting time at pf, you were right either joihnson or davis will see time at center, calderon will be lucky to last longer than a month into the season, weems>wright, not sure i see demar at sf unless you are playing a really small lineup with sonny at pf.

ya, it's going to be tight unless you get rid of jose, than you really can see what these guys can do.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I'd start Weems and have Kleiza, Barbs, Jose, Davis, Alabi as 2nd unit..
                            10 man rotation with Jose, Barbs and Kleiza as the first 3 off the bench..

Comment

I am sorry, but I do not agree with that, at all. Barbosa is so good, why would you give him 3 minutes?! You are giving Anderson more minutes....

I say it will be more like this, but I think it will change during the season depending on who steps up. DD or even Weems could end up playing 30 minutes if they light up...

CENTER

Andrea Bargnani 30-40 minutes (depending on foul trouble)
                              David Andersen 8 minutes (depending on Bargs' foul trouble)
                              Amir Johnson 5 minutes (might end up playing Center at some points...)

POWER FORWARD

Amir Johnson 30 minutes or less (he'll be caught up in foul trouble pretty much every game)
                              Ed Davis 20 minutes
                              Reggie Evans 1 minute

SMALL FORWARD

Linas Kleiza 25 minute
                              Demar DeRozan 10 minutes
                              Julian Wright 18 minutes

SHOOTING GUARD

Demar DeRozan 20 minutes
                              Sonny Weems 20 minutes
                              Leandro Barbosa 10 minutes

POINT GUARD

Jose Calderon 25 minutes