No announcement yet.

Charlotte Still Trying To Land Jose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There really aren't that many moves the Raps can make right now that would benefit them

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
      Jordan can kiss our ass as far as the Raps are concerned. Calderon still has value and Charlotte fucked this one up. Now they have Dampier, who should be waived, 3 deadbeat PGs and very little hope. Besides, they're division rivals. Would BC help them just to get rid of a contract? Vinnie_Paz, you ask why would Charlotte spend 10 mil on Calderon per season? UMMM, THEY DON'T HAVE A LEGIT PG.
      Is Jose the only " LEGIT" PG is this league now ?

"Calderon still has value "

Who else out there is knocking at our door and asking for Jose ? BC has been actively shopping Jose for over a month now and the only team that seems little interested in BobCats.

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
        why would Charlotte want to spend $10 million a year for the next 3 years on jose calderon ?
        title
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Similar to a lot of ideas here, a swap of Jose and Reggie for Dampier ... then being creative with his NON-guaranteed $13m contract ... TPE anyone?

http://www.nbadaily.net/wiretaps.cfm?id=703

Top options for this type of move would be Golden State's Andris Biedrins to play alongside Andrea Bargnani, as the great rebounding and shot blocking compliment. Monta Ellis is also thought to be available, but his fit in Toronto is questionable. Tayshaun Prince would also be a nice band-aid for the coming season at the SF spot, a position of little depth for the Raptors.
          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

vino wrote: View Post
            the original trade proposal with the Pistons is ridiculous - no way Calderon could command a Prince + Maxiell + 1st rd pick. No way in hell he could command a 1st round pick on its own... and then you come and make a comment about us making sure its unprotected. Seriously, people get a grip. Sick and tired of reading this nonsense!
            +1

Comment

Jordan can kiss our ass as far as the Raps are concerned. Calderon still has value and Charlotte fucked this one up. Now they have Dampier, who should be waived, 3 deadbeat PGs and very little hope. Besides, they're division rivals. Would BC help them just to get rid of a contract? Vinnie_Paz, you ask why would Charlotte spend 10 mil on Calderon per season? UMMM, THEY DON'T HAVE A LEGIT PG.
              charlotte and toronto are division rivals ?

even if they need a pg, sadly handcuffing your salary cap with jc's $30 million over 3 years can really hurt the franchise.... i wish you would just consider that.

Comment

Clarification

charlotte and toronto are division rivals ?

even if they need a pg, sadly handcuffing your salary cap with jc's $30 million over 3 years can really hurt the franchise.... i wish you would just consider that.
                I WISH CHARLOTTE would consider that. I'm not the one suggesting the trade. Numerous sources point to Charlotte's continued interest in Calderon despite their inability to join the 4-team party. It's really starting to become very difficult to post opinions on this forum because every word is dissected to a T. Vinnie, by division rivals, I really meant both teams are fighting for a play-off spot. Fucking relax man!
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

damp's contract is not guaranteed. they can just cut him.

TJ Ford is available... should every team who needs a pg be begging indy for him ?

elton brand is available... he is set to make over $80 million in the next 4 years... so any team that needs a PF, should not look at the salary (even though the nba has a salary cap) and just trade for him ?

gilbert arenas is available ? do we get the point ?

yes jose is a decent player, but his salary makes him hard to trade, and while we have jack, paying jose 10 million is pointless. so to get rid of him for anyone who has a shorter contract is beneficial to the raps.

he has also had injuries the past 2 years which have slowed him down.

to ask a team to not only take his contract so we get some cap flex, but then the other team also has to give us a good player and an unprotected 1st round pick (which is what some have suggested) is simply ridiculous.

do you agree with any of this ? please tell me if you think i have it wrong anywhere...

Comment

I WISH CHARLOTTE would consider that. I'm not the one suggesting the trade. Numerous sources point to Charlotte's continued interest in Calderon despite their inability to join the 4-team party. It's really starting to become very difficult to post opinions on this forum because every word is dissected to a T. Vinnie, by division rivals, I really meant both teams are fighting for a play-off spot. Fucking relax man!
                    first you said jordan and charlotte can kiss our ass, now you say you wish charlotte would consider that...

yes its only difficult when you post nonsense like charlotte and toronto are division rivals... who else is in this magical division ?

Comment

damp's contract is not guaranteed. they can just cut him.

TJ Ford is available... should every team who needs a pg be begging indy for him ?

elton brand is available... he is set to make over $80 million in the next 4 years... so any team that needs a PF, should not look at the salary (even though the nba has a salary cap) and just trade for him ?

gilbert arenas is available ? do we get the point ?

yes jose is a decent player, but his salary makes him hard to trade, and while we have jack, paying jose 10 million is pointless. so to get rid of him for anyone who has a shorter contract is beneficial to the raps.

he has also had injuries the past 2 years which have slowed him down.

to ask a team to not only take his contract so we get some cap flex, but then the other team also has to give us a good player and an unprotected 1st round pick (which is what some have suggested) is simply ridiculous.

do you agree with any of this ? please tell me if you think i have it wrong anywhere...

Dude, you need to air out your GM-like frustrations to MJ, not me. Read the papers and the Internet. They are the ones wanting a PG, be it Calderon or someone else. I did not create this transaction. But to keep myself from chasing my own tail, I will agree with you that just because we need a defensive rebounding center, it does not mean we go after Okafor. Point taken. As far as Charlotte's mind-set is concerned, it is their priority to get a guard who either makes 1 or 10 million for as long as the player in question fits the mold of what THEY WANT.
                      Last edited by Balls of Steel; Thu Aug 12, 2010, 02:38 PM.
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

first you said jordan and charlotte can kiss our ass, now you say you wish charlotte would consider that...

yes its only difficult when you post nonsense like charlotte and toronto are division rivals... who else is in this magical division ?
                        Then I bow to your perfect, error-free posts. When I said I wish, it was in response to you wanting me to consider the financial impact of JC's contract. I said, I wish that Charlotte would consider the contract before they go after someone like Calderon. Man, I'm tired of this...

Comment

Dude, you need to air out your GM-like frustrations to MJ, not me. Read the papers and the Internet. They are the ones wanting a PG, be it Calderon or someone else. I did not create this transaction. But to keep myself from chasing my own tail, I will agree with you that just because we need a defensive rebounding center, it does not mean we go after Okafor. Point taken. As far as Charlotte's mind-set is concerned, it is their priority to get a guard who either makes 1 or 10 million for as long as the player in questions fits the mold of what THEY WANT.
                          which part of my last post showed that i was frustrated ? dont just trow out random accusations b/c YOU ARE FRUSTRATED !

all i asked was why would charlotte want to spend $30 million on jose calderon ?

not sure why you got all upset about it...

Comment

why would Charlotte want to spend $10 million a year for the next 3 years on jose calderon ?
                            Why would toronto want him for that much? The reason that 1, charlotte almost made a deal with us for calderon, and 2, the reason this thread is titled that, is because there is interest from them. Think about it, if MJ didnt get cold feet, we would all be really happy people right now. But he did, and it isnt that he realized that calderon sucked (which is not true) that made him drop out of the trade, it was the fact that we were getting tooo much. They obvuously have interest in him despite the contract.

Comment

I'm a huge Jose hater, but there is no point to dump him for the bobcats crap when the raps don't really have any serviceable point guards. Jack is a decent option, but not for more than 30 minutes and what if he gets hurt? Barbosa can play the point like Bargs can rotate on defense.

I hate Jose's defense and contract equally, but he is an ideal point guard to run the young gunz offense, which is going to be chaotic and in need of a steady hand. Banks is best suited to wear a suit and I have seen how quickly the raps turn to garbage without a back up point guard. Lets all just accept that Jose is grossly overpaid, forever unable to keep his man in front of him and that we are stuck with him for at least another year. Call him a high priced baby sitter, but unless a better player is coming back or he is part of a larger deal for a point guard, lets just pencil in the Jack/Jose platoon for one more run.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                                Why would toronto want him for that much? The reason that 1, charlotte almost made a deal with us for calderon, and 2, the reason this thread is titled that, is because there is interest from them. Think about it, if MJ didnt get cold feet, we would all be really happy people right now. But he did, and it isnt that he realized that calderon sucked (which is not true) that made him drop out of the trade, it was the fact that we were getting tooo much. They obvuously have interest in him despite the contract.
                                yes but they were going to give us DIAW ...

my question on why would charlotte want calderon was in reference to a trade where someone said damp for evans and calderon

go check post # 26

Comment

Working...
                                X