Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classy Post

tbihis wrote: View Post
    hahaha i hate to come out and be like Buddha, but I TOLD YOU SO! hahaha right after the season almost everybody here was saying, Bosh is a class act, he deserves respect, BLAH BLAH BLAH....i started a "If Bosh pulled a VC a lot earlier" thread, and everybody started crapping on me saying Bosh is not going to be ever like VC, hahahaha eating your words now, ey?

Happy now?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
      The reason most basketball players (most pro athletes) speak in cliche terms or in monosyllables is because at the core they have a very real sense that they are arent very competent at public speaking or making comment on off court matters. They dont want to put their foot in their gob. While it makes for pretty dry reading/watching I can understand the good sense it makes from their point of view. They dont want to have to deal with the blowback.
      makes sense. i'd almost blame it on the lack of education with the vast majority of nba players. most of them go to college for the facade (or, as it is now, because of the mandatory age requirement in the NBA), havent had to actually pick up a book since grade 7/8, and surround themselves with other more "business savvy" friends to handle the things they're too stupid to do themselves (like the "should i or shouldn't i have a one hour special on espn to spit in my fans faces?" decision).

we all hate VC for his whole graduation BS.... but at least that dude valued his education to a level that he finished it, and took pride in it. i'm pretty sure the only times bosh has been back to georgia tech was to use their gym, or to hit on college chicks that will sleep with him because of his celebrity status because he knows his looks will get him nowhere.

not to knock them.... but we've all seen amir/sonny/derozan's twitter comments... love the guys, but god damn they make the grammar police angry

Comment

hahaha i hate to come out and be like Buddha, but I TOLD YOU SO! hahaha right after the season almost everybody here was saying, Bosh is a class act, he deserves respect, BLAH BLAH BLAH....i started a "If Bosh pulled a VC a lot earlier" thread, and everybody started crapping on me saying Bosh is not going to be ever like VC, hahahaha eating your words now, ey?
        i've REALLY been busting my ass not to make that kinda comment... given my odes of violence to visiting teams over the past couple days..

but ya, welcome aboard everyone!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

Happy now?
          yummy!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

Happy now?
            Your favouritism is disgusting. When do I great a freakin' cookie?!

Comment

Like most people in life you need to earn... Try pulling a "look at me" Bosh-type moment like anybody else who gets a cookie around here.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                makes sense. i'd almost blame it on the lack of education with the vast majority of nba players. most of them go to college for the facade (or, as it is now, because of the mandatory age requirement in the NBA), havent had to actually pick up a book since grade 7/8, and surround themselves with other more "business savvy" friends to handle the things they're too stupid to do themselves (like the "should i or shouldn't i have a one hour special on espn to spit in my fans faces?" decision).
                not to knock them.... but we've all seen amir/sonny/derozan's twitter comments... love the guys, but god damn they make the grammar police angry
                Not to get too psychoanalytical about the subject being discussed but as has been understood by many, the link between formal education and intelligence is tenuous if non-existent. Of course it helps in articulating one's point of view. I just wanted to show that there was something "intelligent" in the mere fact that most pros do not reveal much. Because, at the end of the day, doing otherwise is more likely to hurt than help them. Bosh with all the fancy word-smithing he displayed while he was here seems to be babbling a bit much. Hence, what does it say about his "intelligence"? I am also aware that we may be overly biased/thin-skinned about his comments.

Comment

These comments don't surprise me. Just gotta let him say what he wants to, and forget about him. For Bosh and Turk, I knew these guys were more about making friendships and "trying" to be popular, rather then winning. There's nothing that drove me more insane than when these guys were joking around before games and even worse, after they lost with their buddies from other teams. Real men don't do this, therefore I'm happy as hell that both retards are unloaded, and now we can focus on doing things right.

Comment

Come to think of it I believe Bosh read the book.....something Powers? forgot the title maybe someone can help me out
                    pretty much talks about how to achieve goals ruthlessly (stepping on people, using people, manipulation, greed, etc etc etc...)

that was the first red flag for me about bosh but I never paid much attention to it until these comments that is.
                    that's probably how he made up this whole charade and played with people emotions (Specialty of the 2 who left) and who cares about the concequences
                    Either way
                    the quietest ones are the most dangerous ones

Comment

I told you guys bosh is a fag definitely not a franchise player
                      ya dun noe

Comment

Good for Bosh getting that milk ad, he's been in bukkake training with LBJ and Wade for a couple months now so his "milk" moustache should be a real winner

Comment

what.a.douchebag.

he could have got lots of endorsments in canada he just had to look for them

Comment

I just don't understand why people are not going to boo this guy.
                            Maybe not the Vince treatment. But no boos at all??????

Comment

Can we please not fall for this "brand trap"? RR people need to stop talking bout this fool.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

hahaha i hate to come out and be like Buddha,
                                You could do a lot worse
                                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                                X