Things Could Get Ugly Between Ford And The Pacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things Could Get Ugly Between Ford And The Pacers

--Things could get ugly between the Pacers and T.J. Ford.

The Pacers - like they've been doing for quite some time - tried to trade Ford on Wednesday.

They couldn't throw him in a deal so they then tried to negotiate a buyout with him.

The Pacers wanted Ford to take a buyout for about $5 million.

The point guard quickly shot that idea down.

"I'm not taking a buyout," Ford said.

You can't blame Ford for not taking a buyout, especially since he's scheduled to make $8.5 million next season.

He didn't pick up his player option to leave $3.5 million on the table.

"T.J. is on the team and we expect him to come in here and be professional and try to get a job and get some playing time," Bird said.
    ha, i laugh at the bold. As Raptors fans, we all know T.J. and "Professional" is his middle name.

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi..._get_what.html

uh oh.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

who would you rather have Jose for 9 or TJ for 8.5?
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Jose for 9. Jose doesn't bitch and complain. As talented as TJ is, if things aren't going his way, he mopes. I don't want to see that, and I definitely don't want to hear about it affecting the locker room.

Comment

and he'll be like "my back hurts like a bitch"

caoch "well, maybe you shouldn't start tonight."

T.j. "Fukuc you, I'm starting, you asshole."

haha
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Indiana could have at least offered TJ 7 million plus as he could make up the rest on a veteran minimum contract if he signed with someone else. TO's best season under BC was with TJ at the point.

Comment

I actually think TJ will want to play and they'll choose not to play him. Sort of like what they did with Tinsley. TJ wants to play to audition for his next job. I don't blame him for not taking the buyout. He would have lost $3.5M on his final year that's worth $8.5M. No way he would recoup $3M as a free agent, especially now. If they wanted to buy him out they should have done it in June. I'm on TJ's side here.

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
            Indiana could have at least offered TJ 7 million plus as he could make up the rest on a veteran minimum contract if he signed with someone else. TO's best season under BC was with TJ at the point.
            What they're currently offering doesn't make sense. I think this is a Larry Bird ego play.
            Last edited by Apollo; Tue Aug 17, 2010, 09:03 AM.

Comment

i think it's a case of great player, terrible manager.

Comment

Working...
              X