Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where Would You Rank The Toronto Raptors' Young Gunz?

Raptors Republic Rookie RecklessIndifference's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post

Love the caption.
    hah! beat me to it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
    this is what happens when you hire the son of a billionaire. bc's a rich kid who only got a job b/c his dad owned the team.
    BC's very experienced at what he does. 2 time executive of the year (once with the raps if you all forgot).

He's also been a GM in a couple different sports. He didn't just walk into the front office

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Arajuo was on a rookie contract and so did not cost the team as much.
    I agree with Hakeem, that was really bad signing.

Amir will join the list next summer and we all will be talking about how to trade him and ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    Arajuo was on a rookie contract and so did not cost the team as much.
    I agree with Hakeem, that was really bad signing.

Amir will join the list next summer and we all will be talking about how to trade him and ...
    Araujo was a top ten pick who wasn't even rated in the top 20. We drafted him 8th and Igoudala went 9th. Jefferson, Josh Smith all went before the top 20. It's one thing to miss a player in the draft, its another to take a gamble on someone no one else wanted when there is plenty left on the board

I'd say that pick had its cost

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
    Araujo was a top ten pick who wasn't even rated in the top 20. We drafted him 8th and Igoudala went 9th. Jefferson, Josh Smith all went before the top 20. It's one thing to miss a player in the draft, its another to take a gamble on someone no one else wanted when there is plenty left on the board

I'd say that pick had its cost
    If by cost you mean setting the franchise back 10 years, I agree.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I know NOW this is pointless, but anyways. We did get Bosh and not Darko. If the Pistons took Bosh/Melo/Wade the next best player would've been Darko, scary to think about it... But yeah, Araujo was super epic fail.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    Hey, I know NOW this is pointless, but anyways. We did get Bosh and not Darko. If the Pistons took Bosh/Melo/Wade the next best player would've been Darko, scary to think about it... But yeah, Araujo was super epic fail.
    Didn't we have fourth pick? James, Wade, Melo or Bosh would've been available, but Grunwald was our GM and Darko was ranked highly so who knows what he would've done

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

lol that security guard would be a billionaire by now if he got paid 10 cents everytime someone uses the term "Young Gunz"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
    hmmm I think the Hakeem siging and the Araujo drafting are much worse. Even if Amir comes off the bench for all contracted years
    hakeem and araujo werent here for more thana a year or two... when we're in years 3, 4, n 5 of amir johnson just wearing a suit and taking his 6 mill or w/e it will be a an ever worse disappointment.

especially if a new gm comes in gets us to the 1st or 2nd round, and we are a player away from being a contender but cant cuz amir's eating up our cap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
    hakeem and araujo werent here for more thana a year or two... when we're in years 3, 4, n 5 of amir johnson just wearing a suit and taking his 6 mill or w/e it will be a an ever worse disappointment.

especially if a new gm comes in gets us to the 1st or 2nd round, and we are a player away from being a contender but cant cuz amir's eating up our cap.
    Meh, Amir's contract isn't that bad. He's not an "untradable" asset. Worst case scenario is he is an over paid "energy" guy

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    Nicely Said. It is a Marketing scheme to sell tickets and create some energy in the fan base.
    I had opened a similar thread before doing the comparison with other teams and in your list, I think we are better than Wolfs and maybe, just maybe, same level as pacers.
    This whole Young Guns thing is mostly bullshit until they have actually proven something. It's a marketing scam, and hopefully it does not go to their heads and we end up with a bunch of Mike James like Jackers. Let's let this thing develop into a team before we start annointing three young guys who have not proven anything yet except that they all show good young talent, and athleticism.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Pizzaman wrote: View Post
    This whole Young Guns thing is mostly bullshit until they have actually proven something. It's a marketing scam, and hopefully it does not go to their heads and we end up with a bunch of Mike James like Jackers. Let's let this thing develop into a team before we start annointing three young guys who have not proven anything yet except that they all show good young talent, and athleticism.
    when we're getting blown out by 30, jose's alley-oop passes to the young gunz will make everything arite.

Thread Information