Jack Plays, Raps Win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Plays, Raps Win

When Jarrett Jack played 28+ minutes in games last season . . . 25 wins, 15 losses (0.625)
    (21 out of 40 games were vs. +.500 teams)

When Jack played less than 28 minutes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15 wins, 27 losses (0.357)
    (26 out of 42 games were vs. +.500 teams)

Other interesting parallels between JJ and winning:
    6+ assists . . . 22-13
    <6 assists . . . 18-29
    3+ rebounds . . . 28-14
    <3 rebounds . . . 12-28

No such correlations for Jose Calderon.

Does it get any clearer than this?
    Last edited by jrdyck; Fri Aug 13, 2010, 01:05 AM.

very interesting post... when jack started the raps went on 2 5 game winning streaks last season... also Jose had a higher field goals attempted per game.

in fact jose played less minutes than jack but attempted more shots...

but trading jose is crazy cuz with the 10 million we would save it would be impossible to find and sign another backup pg...
    Last edited by vinnie_paz; Fri Aug 13, 2010, 12:35 AM.

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
      but trading jose is crazy cuz with the 10 million we would save it would be impossible to find and sign another backup pg...
      thats what banks and barbosa are for.....

Comment

and with all the cap space there could be some teams looking to unload somone a the trade deadline

Comment

get out of here jose is THE ONLY LEGIT PASS FIRST PG IN THE WHOLE WORLD

and bc should get an extension for putting together such a great young gunz trio of weems derozan n Johnson

n bosh is a douchebag cuz he couldn't win with tj ford, jermaine, marion, Turk, or bargs
          Last edited by vinnie_paz; Fri Aug 13, 2010, 01:08 AM.

Comment

lol nash j-kidd and Dfisher and others are all pass-first pgs and good ones.
            straight up, i didnt think JJ's playmaking skills were all that bad last year and i think will get better if hes handed the starting role permanently.
            if you give the remaining time to banks and a little to barbosa (even if he doenst have any court vision) i think we could have a decent combo that might be able to keep us close in games

Comment

noway jose....

Jose is the best pass first pg ?? no way jose! if you know his game (Ive been following the raps since day 1) jose holds back waaay too much. From the beginning jose would bounce the ball in circles and set up half court plays while defenders catch up and everyone catches their breath esp during a fast break! Sure he takes care of the ball but he slows things down, not the style the young guns need. He only started doing alley oops last year!!! Sure he passes...but he's not your "street baller" type that the young guns are and can feed off of. Sure Assist to turnover ratio are good but how many times do you see players waving their arms in the air when theyre open but jose cant see them. Throw in the week defense that all the other guards in the nba know about him (thats why everyone has no fear..."its jose!? ok let me just charge at him he wont block nothing!") and you got jose being a back up point guard. I'd say the best back up in the league...starter? no way....!

Comment

Pacers lucked out....Raps shouldve got Darren Collison...that boy wouldve been perfect...then the young guns would be complete!! The Thunder of the East!....well theres always Jeremy Lin!

Comment

..... Jack had a winning streak... because he was playing weaker teams.... when jose was injured..

Jose is the best passer in this team! Jose can help the younger players to grow by giving them easy shots

If Jose is a good bench pg...why is he gets traded for another bench pg...or a bench player....

Also Barbosa is not a PG!! He is a small size SG.... >_<

Do you guys even see Barbosa's handles?

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
                    When Jarrett Jack played 28+ minutes in games last season . . . 25 wins, 15 losses (0.625)
                    (21 games vs. +.500 teams)

When Jack played less than 28 minutes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15 wins, 27 losses (0.357)
                    (26 games vs. +.500 teams)

Other interesting parallels between JJ and winning:
                    6+ assists . . . 22-13
                    <6 assists . . . 18-29
                    3+ rebounds . . . 28-14
                    <3 rebounds . . . 12-28

No such correlations for Jose Calderon.

Does it get any clearer than this?
                    I verified the 25 - 15

The summary comes out weird:

Against +.500 teams the Raptors had a better winning percentage .333 when he started vs .143 when he came off of the bench.

Against -.500 teams the Raptors had a better winning percentage ..875 when he came off the bench vs .714 when he started.

See the Summary section for details

Conclusion: The Raptor played better when Jack started against teams with winning records and they played better when Calderon started against teams with losing records. Weird

Over 28 MPG

vs +.500 teams---7---12
                    vs -.500 team---18----3
                    -------------------------
                    Total-----------25----15
                    =====================

starting -19---12
                    bench----6----3
                    ------------------
                    Total-----25--15
                    ==============

Over .500 teams
                    -----------------------
                    starting-- 6 - 12
                    bench-----1---0
                    ----------------------
                    Total------7---12
                    ==================

Under .500 teams
                    ----------------------
                    starting---13-2
                    bench------5-1
                    -------------------
                    Total-----18-3
                    ================

Note: Chicago finished at .500 I put them in the minus .500 group.

================================================== ==========

Under 28 mpg

vs +.500 teams----4---22
                    vs -.500 teams---11----5
                    --------------------------
                    Total------------15---27
                    ====================

Starting-----4----8
                    bench------11---19
                    ---------------------
                    Total--------15--27
                    ================

Over .500 teams

starting---2----4
                    bench-----2---18
                    -------------------
                    Total-----4----22
                    ==============

Under .500 teams

starting----2---4
                    bench------9---1
                    ==============
                    Total------11--5
                    ==============

================================================== ===============

Summary

vs +.500 teams---11----34
                    vs -.500 teams---29-----8
                    --------------------------
                    Total------------40----42
                    ====================

Starting---23----20
                    Bench ----17----22
                    --------------------
                    Total-----40----42
                    ===============

Over .500 teams

starting---8----16
                    bench-----3----18
                    -------------------
                    Total-----11----34
                    ==============

Under .500 teams

starting----15---6
                    bench------14---2
                    ==============
                    Total------29---8
                    ==============

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...VA0XxgKBIrPaB4
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

good work both of you for providing stats that help further the resolution to one of the raps biggest problems.

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
                        good work both of you for providing stats that help further the resolution to one of the raps biggest problems.
                        Jack appears to be the guy.

Maybe that is why BC is trying to move Calderon and not Jack, heh

Does BC read Raptors Republic?

If he isn't he should start.

Look at all the money that MLSE could save if BC read Raptors Republic

They could get rid of all their number crunchers in the back room and just use Raptors Republic for free. We aim to help
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Even if you weren't a numbers guy, you could not help but love Jack last year. There was a good chunk of the season where I felt he was the one carrying the team. He should be captain and, unless some major change occurs before the start of the season, he will be the one with the ball in his hands at the end of the game. I love his willingness to get in the paint, initiate contact and hit big shots. The numbers are nice, but the intangibles are why BC is looking to trade Jose and not Jack.

Comment

I still that until we get a sweetheart deal we keep both Jack and Calderon. I'm biased but the day Calderon is traded (even if it's good for the "business" or the team) i will be very sad.
                            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                              I still that until we get a sweetheart deal we keep both Jack and Calderon. I'm biased but the day Calderon is traded (even if it's good for the "business" or the team) i will be very sad.
                              Gotta agree with you. We should keep both, unless we actually manage to get another either quality point guard or center. But, they are both talented, they can both share minutes, and they are both needed in very different situations.

Comment

Working...
                              X