X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwayne Jones Cut

From Raptors Twitter feed:

raptors

News: #Raptors have waived F/C Dwayne Jones. Jones was acquired with guard Leandro Barbosa on July 14 from the #Phoenix #Suns.

@Raptors
    http://twitter.com/raptors

This is big news! haha.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post

raptors

News: #Raptors have waived F/C Dwayne Jones. Jones was acquired with guard Leandro Barbosa on July 14 from the #Phoenix #Suns.

@Raptors
      They had to get down to 15 and he was the best option to let go.

This move just saved the Raptors a little under $1 million

Team Salary is now down to about $60.9 million with still two non guaranteed contracts out of the 15 under contract.

The two non-guaranteed are

Weems
      Dorsey

both at $854K

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9165

Since the Raptors are now at the 15 limit this could have been the last roster move before opening night but then it could not be
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I thought that they would at least bring him to camp. Even though he has no offensive game he is a big body that actually hustles on the court and bangs in the paint.

Still waiting for BC to trade AB7.......until then it's all just news.lol

Comment

Very surprised that they're carrying a full roster. I'm assuming they'll be bringing Bobby Brown into camp as well. Really surprised. Why did they bring Anderson in for again? With a massive trade exception wouldn't you keep at least one roster space open just in case? I'm confused.

Comment

This is the worst move BC could have done. Dwayne Jones was this season's Sonny Weems.

Comment

i think we should cut dorsey. trade banks .sign bobby brown and get a player with trade exception hopefully okafor
              ya dun noe

Comment

Very surprised that they're carrying a full roster. I'm assuming they'll be bringing Bobby Brown into camp as well. Really surprised. Why did they bring Anderson in for again? With a massive trade exception wouldn't you keep at least one roster space open just in case? I'm confused.
                Dorsey is not guaranteed. He and Reggie are kind of redundant in that their games are very similar. I think that there is a very good chance that both them will not be under contract by the time of the season rolls around when you have to turn a non-guaranteed contract into a guaranteed one.
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

noooooooooooooooooonoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                    noooooooooooooooooonoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
                    lol

Comment

raptors

@Raptors
                      Sounds about right. This means Dorsey's chances of sticking go up.

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                      I thought that they would at least bring him to camp. Even though he has no offensive game he is a big body that actually hustles on the court and bangs in the paint.

Still waiting for BC to trade AB7.......until then it's all just news.lol
                      they worked him out with Ed Davis and I guess they seen enough there.

Comment

Dwayne Jones Waived

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/jones_waived081310.html

No Surprise here

Comment

If Dwayne Jones gets waived, does it make a sound?

Comment

And I thought he was going to be this year's POB, but I guess no one can take his throne.

Comment

They released DJ!!! I am quitting from this team, this forum, all this crap...HE WAS THE SOUL OF THE TEAM

lol jus kidding, but there has to be one dj fanboy here?

Comment

Working...
                              X