X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto/Charlotte Trade Proposal

To Charlotte: Jose Calderon

To Toronto: DJ Augustin, Nazr Mohammed

Get a backup PG and a big man who could play decent minutes, maybe even start.

Charlotte gets their PG they need

I would not take this. Sorry.

Comment

Really? Why's that?

Comment

It doesn't help us in any way. Calderon is ALOT better than Mohhamed and Augustin. I would take the trade if Reggie Evans and Boris Diaw were included in the deal.

Comment

OKAY YES Calderon is a better player than both of them, fine. But you have to look at it financially and for the team. We have Jarret Jack signed for at least 3 more years, hes going to be our starter. Calderon would be nice off the bench, but for 9 million??? If you look at the raptors roster, what position stands out as the most lacking? If you take out Bargnani from the C position, we have Anderson and Alabi.. so clearly we could use a 7 foot tall Mohammed who plays good D and rebounds well.. TWO OF THE BIGGEST PROBLEMS THE RAPS HAVE HAD IN THE LAST 5 YEARS. So in getting rid of calderon, we take on a guy who fits exactly what we need right now, and we get a nice backup in Augustin. I don't see how you could possibly be against this

Comment

You're the same guy who thinks Paul Millsap would benefit our team.. WHY WOULD WE NEED ANOTHER UNDERSIZED PF? Yes he works, but so does Amir. The season hasn't started yet and you already gave up on Amir.

Comment

But without Calderon our PG spot is left with Jack and Augustin. And I think we can benefit from Calderon this year, he has his set of skills. And he's too valuable to trade for Mohammed. We can get more, and we're not desperate enough to get rid of his contract like this. We did it for Turk, but we won't for Jose. Mohammed is good, but Augustin as back up point guard?! I like the idea of Jack playing 24 minutes and Calderon playing the other half, kinda seems perfect. Augustin and Jack are just... I don't know, it doesn't make me feel to good...

Comment

Well obviously the raps can keep him and let him work his value back up, or maybe even make us want to trade Jack.. but BC is pushing for Calderon to get traded, so i doubt there will be much waiting unless there is no deal on the table.

Comment

Akinyele wrote: View Post
                  OKAY YES Calderon is a better player than both of them, fine. But you have to look at it financially and for the team. We have Jarret Jack signed for at least 3 more years, hes going to be our starter. Calderon would be nice off the bench, but for 9 million??? If you look at the raptors roster, what position stands out as the most lacking? If you take out Bargnani from the C position, we have Anderson and Alabi.. so clearly we could use a 7 foot tall Mohammed who plays good D and rebounds well.. TWO OF THE BIGGEST PROBLEMS THE RAPS HAVE HAD IN THE LAST 5 YEARS. So in getting rid of calderon, we take on a guy who fits exactly what we need right now, and we get a nice backup in Augustin. I don't see how you could possibly be against this
                  some fans choose to ignore the fact that there is a salary cap and are too dumb to realize with cap flexibility you can sign ANOTHER BACKUP PG who can do everything calderon does and play better defense for half the price.

Comment

@JoePanini

Steve Black signed a $16 million contract over 4 years with the lakers... are you telling me calderon is better than blake ?

if not, then if for ex the raps offered blake 24 million over 4 years, are you telling me blake would turn down $10 million b/c he doesnt want to play for the raps ?

the cap flex from getting rid of calderon is more valuable than anything else.

Comment

But, Augustin?!

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                        It doesn't help us in any way. Calderon is ALOT better than Mohhamed and Augustin. I would take the trade if Reggie Evans and Boris Diaw were included in the deal.
                        Augustin has something, and as for nazr, his name is worth a million dollars

hows that logic for you

Comment

This is lesser version of the trade that Marz constructed [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 0)"]Here[/COLOR] I think Marz's is a bit more nuanced so you may want to take a look and compare ideas.
                          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

calderon was a top 10 point guard coming in to last season now everyone has written him off. im just saying that you cant judge him completely because of one bad year

the same goes for jarret jack who had one good year last year while most of his years in the nba have been terrible

Comment

weemsfan wrote: View Post
                              calderon was a top 10 point guard coming in to last season now everyone has written him off. im just saying that you cant judge him completely because of one bad year

the same goes for jarret jack who had one good year last year while most of his years in the nba have been terrible
                              +1000000000000000000000000

Comment

Working...
                              X