Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Leo Rautins And Linas Kleiza Related?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Leo Rautins And Linas Kleiza Related?

I realize not all people whose family's comes from the same country are related but Lithuania is a fairly small country population wise and both families have that basketball gene in them.

Andy Rautins
    ----------------
    He is one of four sons of Syracuse hoops legend, Leo Rautins, who amassed 1,031 points in his SU career. His family is of Lithuanian descent.
    The population in Lithuania is only about 3.3 million. Maybe way back a few hundred years or so ago in their family trees their is a connecting branch. It is possible

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Rautins

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithuania
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Wow, you really have nothing to do :P

Comment

hahhaa this is the worst post from Buddhafan that I've read so far.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
        Wow, you really have nothing to do :P
        Actually not true.

I stumbled upon this when I was sending an email to Devlin. I mentioned that Andy Rautins signed with the Knicks. The I decided to make sure that it was Leo that was his father before I added "his papa must be proud" So I did a quick Google for Andy Rautins and that tidbit about his family showed up on the Wiki page.

So I discovered it all in the process of sending an email to Matt Devlin. Not exactly not having anything to do especially since that email to him had been on my list of things to do today.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

playmak3r5 wrote: View Post
          Follow my posts and I am sure it won't be too long before you find one a lot worse than this.

In fact I can guarantee it

Comment

playmak3r5 wrote: View Post
            I didn't think this one was bad at all.

What was that one yesterday about comparing our chemistry with Team USA and Minnesota? I'd say that one was worse

Comment

RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
              I didn't think this one was bad at all.

What was that one yesterday about comparing our chemistry with Team USA and Minnesota? I'd say that one was worse
              You are correct. That could have been one of the worst ever on this forum. For that I do humbly apologize

Comment

no, your constant blabbering about amir johnson and trying to prove ways that proves he's better than this, and that guy is worse then him takes the cake.

lol
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Not the worst thread but don't you need to throw up some head-shots where they look similar?

Comment

lol you know your bored when you look at players ancestry
                    ya dun noe

Comment

LOL well then Sabonis and Ilgauskas must be related as well...

I know you weren't 100% serious about your post, but I'll reply as if you did anyways just for an FYI to the people that say "Lithu-what?"

I'm Lithuanian, born in Canada, and I personally know about 150 Lithuanians in the GTA+Barrie alone (Leo being one of them, lol), about 50 I just know of, and I know of personally or have heard of maybe 75 or so from Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, New York, Los Angeles and of course Lithuania.

I'd say I'm related to about 25/275 = <10% of them... and that's only the people I know obviously.

We Lithuanians have a very big community in all the cities I mentioned, and its actually kin of funny that most Lithuanians know (or have heard of) almost all the Lithuanians in their city... and I'm probably one of the few that hasn't even heard of half of them. Because I'm one of those few I probably couldn't give a good estimate for the total amount of Lithuanians in the GTA, but my best guess is probably 1500. Probably a lot larger than most of you would have thought!

Every year we have an event called Salfass (pronounced SHAL-fuss) which is a sporting event that brings all the previously mentioned cities and more together for some fun (and drinking). The event rotates between cities every year. The biggest sport by far is basketball, and for the most part its really good competition. The national sport, I do believe, is basketball and many of you hopefully remember they have (or used to have) a very good national team. I'd say just like so many Canadians seem to have great natural hockey skills, the same can be said for most (athletic) Lithuanians.

Just thought I'd let you know Lithuania probably has a bigger presence in Toronto alone than you thought in all of Lithuania... I know you said 3.3 million, but the way you make it sound, its like 50 people lol. Don't be surprised if, especially in the preseason, you see a ton of Lithuanian flags in the stands, as I know of a lot of people who are excited we finally have a Lithuanian player in Toronto.

So yeah, there's your FYI about Lithuanians haha, anyone surprised/interested at all? Or did I waste my time?
                      Last edited by p3t3ypablo; Fri Aug 13, 2010, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                        lol you know your bored when you look at players ancestry
                        Like I posted above I wasn't looking for his ancestry, I was looking for his offspring.

Comment

p3t3ypablo wrote: View Post
                          LOL well then Sabonis and Ilgauskas must be related as well...

I know you weren't 100% serious about your post, but I'll reply as if you did anyways just for an FYI to the people that say "Lithu-what?"

I'm Lithuanian, born in Canada, and I personally know about 150 Lithuanians in the GTA+Barrie alone (Leo being one of them, lol), about 50 I just know of, and I know of personally or have heard of maybe 75 or so from Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, New York, Los Angeles and of course Lithuania.

I'd say I'm related to about 25/275 = <10% of them... and that's only the people I know obviously.

We Lithuanians have a very big community in all the cities I mentioned, and its actually kin of funny that most Lithuanians know (or have heard of) almost all the Lithuanians in their city... and I'm probably one of the few that hasn't even heard of half of them. Because I'm one of those few I probably couldn't give a good estimate for the total amount of Lithuanians in the GTA, but my best guess is probably 1500. Probably a lot larger than most of you would have thought!

Every year we have an event called Salfass (pronounced SHAL-fuss) which is a sporting event that brings all the previously mentioned cities and more together for some fun (and drinking). The event rotates between cities every year. The biggest sport by far is basketball, and for the most part its really good competition. The national sport, I do believe, is basketball and many of you hopefully remember they have (or used to have) a very good national team. I'd say just like so many Canadians seem to have great natural hockey skills, the same can be said for most (athletic) Lithuanians.

Just thought I'd let you know Lithuania probably has a bigger presence in Toronto alone than you thought in all of Lithuania... I know you said 3.3 million, but the way you make it sound, its like 50 people lol. Don't be surprised if, especially in the preseason, you see a ton of Lithuanian flags in the stands, as I know of a lot of people who are excited we finally have a Lithuanian player in Toronto.

So yeah, there's your FYI about Lithuanians haha, anyone surprised/interested at all? Or did I waste my time?
                          No, you didnt waste your time. I know I always like reading about the tangential stuff surrounding the basketball team. It kind of provides better insight into the player sometimes as well as in this case, about Lithuania itself or its diaspora.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            No, you didnt waste your time. I know I always like reading about the tangential stuff surrounding the basketball team. It kind of provides better insight into the player sometimes as well as in this case, about Lithuania itself or its diaspora.
                            +1

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                              Actually not true.

I stumbled upon this when I was sending an email to Devlin.)
                              You email Devlin? I bet he loves that.

Comment

Working...
                              X