Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barbosa: "I Wanted To Play In A Better Situation For Me, Which I Think I Have In TO"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbosa: "I Wanted To Play In A Better Situation For Me, Which I Think I Have In TO"

I might be one of the few, but I'm excited to have Leandro here in Toronto finally and I think moving forward I hope be become's a bigger factor than some aren't giving him credit for.

Here's some of the Q&A he did with Dime Magazine:

Dime: How are you feeling about the trade to the Raptors?
    Leandro Barbosa: I’m happy. It’s a better situation for me, because I know that I will play more minutes than I used to in Phoenix. I’m a little bit sad because I loved Phoenix and I love the friends that I made in the organization. I will miss that. But I think everybody knows the NBA is a business, and we’re all involved in that business. Any day it can happen, and this time it happened to me.

Dime: Did you know there was a trade in the works?
    LB: Yeah, I knew I was going to get traded. I asked for a trade after the season. I told Phoenix I wanted to play in a better situation for me, which I think I have in Toronto. I didn’t get that chance to play a lot in Phoenix, so I wanted to go to a different team. The first team that came was Toronto, and I have a good relationship with Bryan Colangelo, so everything worked out.

Dime: What is your role going to be with the Raptors?
    LB: I don’t know what my role or what position I’m going to play yet, but I’m going to do the best I can and help my team win.

Dime: Before the trade, did you have any friends on the Raptors?
    LB: Oh yeah. I know (Andrea) Bargnani, I know (Jose) Calderon. All the international players, we all know each other because we play against each other a lot in tournaments.
    Source - DimeMag.com

Given his personality and attitude, I really think Barbosa will fill the role of Calderon in terms of keeping international and US players together in the team. He seems to be a really nice spirited guy, kind of Anthony Parker like.

So I think his off-court role in the locker room will be just as important as his on-court performance in this coming season.

Comment

Looks like he is coming to play!

He could be another leader type on the team.

Comment

lol have you seen his goat video on youtube having a hard time finding it but its jokes
        ya dun noe

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
          lol have you seen his goat video on youtube having a hard time finding it but its jokes
          What goat? Man goat?

Comment

I expect Barbosa to be a huge part of our bench. He's a proven scorer and, when healthy, his shooting really stretches the floor for the rest of the team. I imagine Davis/Johnson/Kleiza will all benefit from Barbosa being on the floor.

Comment

Barbosa should be the 6th man extraordinaire off the bench in TO. Folks, who haven't really seen him play, are going to be surprised by his defense as his long arms cause steals, deflections on the regular.

Viva Barbosa aka The Brazilian Blur!!!

Comment

I dont think the big advantage here is his playing. I think the best thing he brings to his team is his professionalism and being a seasoned player. Like alvin williams says "The leader of a team dosnt have to be the best player." I dont think he will be the only "leader", but he will be a very good example for the young guys.
                Last edited by Red and White; Sun Aug 15, 2010, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                  I might be one of the few, but I'm excited to have Leandro here in Toronto finally and I think moving forward I hope be become's a bigger factor than some aren't giving him credit for.

Here's some of the Q&A he did with Dime Magazine:

Source - DimeMag.com
                  I really think he'll give the team some good minutes. I'll be cheering for him, he's a fun player to watch.

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                    oh, yeah that was so jokes, team:all night long!!!! barbosa:all niiiiiigghhhhhhttt!!

so jokes i seen it on the score i'll check there.

i don't know how you had trouble finding it found it in a second. too jokes.

he needs to do an encore on the raptors bus, i'd bee dying with laughter.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Why does he think he's going to get more playing time here than in Phoenix? Has he not seen our roster depth chart?

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                        Why does he think he's going to get more playing time here than in Phoenix? Has he not seen our roster depth chart?
                        PHX G's - Nash, Dragic, Richardson, Childress

Tor G's - Calderson, Jack, Derozen, Weems, Banks.

Not really much of a difference. I think there is more minutes at the 2 in TO than Phoenix.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                          he's going to be the starting sg as far as i'm concerned.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                            he's going to be the starting sg as far as i'm concerned.
                            Well then it's a good thing there's training camp and Jay Triano between Barbosa and the starting SG. We have two PGs that are poor defensively, and you want to stick an undersized PG at the 2 spot who's also not known for defending? Let me guess, we'll just blame the defense on Bargnani when that lineup is on the floor since he's supposed to be the anchor.

Comment

Barbosa Interview: "I knew I was going to get traded. I asked for a trade"

Dime: How are you feeling about the trade to the Raptors?
                              Leandro Barbosa: I’m happy. It’s a better situation for me, because I know that I will play more minutes than I used to in Phoenix. I’m a little bit sad because I loved Phoenix and I love the friends that I made in the organization. I will miss that. But I think everybody knows the NBA is a business, and we’re all involved in that business. Any day it can happen, and this time it happened to me.

Dime: Did you know there was a trade in the works?
                              LB: Yeah, I knew I was going to get traded. I asked for a trade after the season. I told Phoenix I wanted to play in a better situation for me, which I think I have in Toronto. I didn’t get that chance to play a lot in Phoenix, so I wanted to go to a different team. The first team that came was Toronto, and I have a good relationship with Bryan Colangelo, so everything worked out.

Dime: What is your role going to be with the Raptors?
                              LB: I don’t know what my role or what position I’m going to play yet, but I’m going to do the best I can and help my team win.

Dime: Before the trade, did you have any friends on the Raptors?
                              LB: Oh yeah. I know (Andrea) Bargnani, I know (Jose) Calderon. All the international players, we all know each other because we play against each other a lot in tournaments.

Dime: How is Team Brazil looking for the World Championship?
                              LB: We’re looking good. A couple of players are not healthy right now, but they will be OK. We have really good chemistry. Every country is on a mission in the World Championship, and we’re on a mission. I’m hoping for good results.

Dime: Brazil has three NBA big men in Nene, Tiago Splitter and Anderson Varejao. With so many other big men out of the tournament — Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard, guys like that — how will that help you guys?
                              LB: It will be an advantage. But FIBA is a totally different game, totally different tournament than the NBA. The rules, the ball, everything changes. It’s not like the NBA. So we’ll see what happens, but we do have good size and good players.
                              Source: DimeMag.com

Never knew he demanded a trade out of Phoenix. Looks like he did it the right way by keeping it quiet because he didn't kill the team's leverage and thus allowed for more real possibilities to get out.

Comment

Working...
                              X