Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: DeMar Called Toronto A Top 5 City Among Players In The League

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OzRapFan wrote: View Post
    West Hollywood, a city of Los Angeles County, California, was incorporated on November 29, 1984, with a 2000 residential population estimate of 34,675. This city has a dense population of homosexuals ;O
    Like I said if you love San Francisco you will love West Hollywood.

    Case closed #pause
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    what?
    wha
    what?

    im just

    what?

    maybe if it was a golf match where the lower score wins? but then again, if lebron and wade knew they would win still
    young gunz could beat anyone including an all world team...didnt you see the sumer league ?

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    You lose all credibility when you say that two out of the three best american cities are san fran and miami??!?!!?!?

    miami and san fran below toronto, the big 4 are nyc, chi town, bean town, and maybe la
    This is why it's all a matter of personal taste, since it depends so much on the criteria you're applying.

    LA just isn't my type of city, so I'll abstain on that one, but as far as I go, neither Chicago nor Boston can hold a candle to the Big Apple, IMHO. I've never been to San Fran or Miami, but I doubt it'd be that far-fetched for some people to place them ahead of Chicago/Boston. Toronto and NYC will always be my interchangeable #1 and #2, with Boston a distant #3, but you'll find a lot of Americans preferring places like Austin (TX), Madison (WI) and Boulder (CO) over any of these.

    To each his/her own; not sure what any of this has to do with losing credibility though.

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    So your a living dead? D: No wonder you make so many weird threads and have so much time on your hands.
    You know there is some truth to what you say. While I was recuperating in a hospital I wound up watching the Namith and the Jets take apart my Colts. Between the immense infection, I will spare everyone the gruesome details (chorus: Thank god), and that loss by my Colts I really thought it might be better to go over to the other side. But that was only for a few days until I watched my next basketball game

    Nah just a big basketball fan who is retired

    And

    "I'm Loving it" You betcha'



    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CBoQ9QEwAg
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
    young gunz could beat anyone including an all world team...didnt you see the sumer league ?
    O my gosh...i almost had a rage black out

    the two best players in the league would be beat by demar derozan and sonny weems, because they were good in SUMMERLEAGUE!!!!???

    Seriously?

    its summer league

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Quixotic wrote: View Post
    This is why it's all a matter of personal taste, since it depends so much on the criteria you're applying.

    LA just isn't my type of city, so I'll abstain on that one, but as far as I go, neither Chicago nor Boston can hold a candle to the Big Apple, IMHO. I've never been to San Fran or Miami, but I doubt it'd be that far-fetched for some people to place them ahead of Chicago/Boston. Toronto and NYC will always be my interchangeable #1 and #2, with Boston a distant #3, but you'll find a lot of Americans preferring places like Austin (TX), Madison (WI) and Boulder (CO) over any of these.

    To each his/her own; not sure what any of this has to do with losing credibility though.

    Your right there but i have been to both those places...miami is nice but very sketchy

    san fran is a nice place but homeless is a bad problem there/

    I have been to chicago, nyc, boston, and LA those places (maybe not LA) are better in my opinion
    but i must say, for an nba player, chicago, nyc, and boston are the places to be. Especially if you are as wealthy as them.

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    Your right there but i have been to both those places...miami is nice but very sketchy

    san fran is a nice place but homeless is a bad problem there/

    I have been to chicago, nyc, boston, and LA those places (maybe not LA) are better in my opinion
    but i must say, for an nba player, chicago, nyc, and boston are the places to be. Especially if you are as wealthy as them.
    I would say all four are pretty close as a preferred playing and living location for NBA players.

    However I think it depends on the player and their life style.

    Chicago and New York are 24x7 cities. Los Angeles except of course for closed private parties tends to close down starting around 11 PM (Restaurants) up until a couple of hours after mid-night (nightclubs). However Los Angeles offers a lot more options during the day time. For example when you have a day off in Los Angeles, like Miami, you can go to the beach on that day off. You can't do that in the winter in N.Y. Chicago or Boston.

    If you are into the entertainment crowd and hanging with them Los Angeles offers the most of that.

    There area also more options in Los Angeles in the summer regarding playing organized high level basketball at some gym against other NBA and top level college players.

    N.y and Chicago are all about the night life and the sports media. Not all players like the pressure of playing in N.Y.

    I am not sure what Boston offers NBA players outside of being able to wear Celtic green. However for some players that is enough.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Rookie pillowmint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Chicago is a better version of Toronto. Go there, then tell me I'm wrong. It's a great town.

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Guelph,ON
    Posts
    463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    lets hope demar can play some good ball and have the jennigs effect on t.o so people actually about care what he says

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote pillowmint wrote: View Post
    Chicago is a better version of Toronto. Go there, then tell me I'm wrong. It's a great town.
    Extremely high crime rate, politicians are the most corrupt in America and the weather sucks rotten eggs a lot worse than Miami.

    Chicago is great if you like to spend your time indoors with mobsters and/or corrupt politicians. In Chicago they are often one in the same
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Here is the link to the interview or at least about 5 minutes of it

    http://blog.rogersbroadcasting.com/e...rce=feedburner
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    I would say all four are pretty close as a preferred playing and living location for NBA players.

    However I think it depends on the player and their life style.

    Chicago and New York are 24x7 cities. Los Angeles except of course for closed private parties tends to close down starting around 11 PM (Restaurants) up until a couple of hours after mid-night (nightclubs). However Los Angeles offers a lot more options during the day time. For example when you have a day off in Los Angeles, like Miami, you can go to the beach on that day off. You can't do that in the winter in N.Y. Chicago or Boston.

    If you are into the entertainment crowd and hanging with them Los Angeles offers the most of that.

    There area also more options in Los Angeles in the summer regarding playing organized high level basketball at some gym against other NBA and top level college players.

    N.y and Chicago are all about the night life and the sports media. Not all players like the pressure of playing in N.Y.

    I am not sure what Boston offers NBA players outside of being able to wear Celtic green. However for some players that is enough.

    Yeah it is more of an opinion based choice, and maybe me being a middle class person, i have a different view of cities then players. Im staying at a motel in san fran, while they could have huge nice mansion thingy out of the city.

    Boston is an awesome city, great people, and great history. once again, my view.

  13. #33
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's not the first time that I heard that people love to come to Toronto when it comes up on the schedule. In terms of players having desire to live and play in Toronto, well, that flies in the face of what the track record so far would suggest. It's odd too because it's a huge city and few down south can match or surpass it.

  14. #34
    Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorRoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Red and White: rage black out? That was vinnie_paz trying to be funny...

  15. #35
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote pillowmint wrote: View Post
    Chicago is a better version of Toronto. Go there, then tell me I'm wrong. It's a great town.
    I have been to both cities.

    I would return to Toronto

    You couldn't pay me money to set foot in IL, MI or OH again and I mean a lot of money

    Go ahead make me offer I can't refuse.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  16. #36
    Raptors Republic Rookie big red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    146
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If Montreal had an NBA team, the whole 'best city' discussion would be over in a heartbeat.

  17. #37
    Raptors Republic Starter drizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What I don't understand about Toronto not being a popular destination for NBA players is why is this even an issue? For the millions of dollars these guys make, the city shouldn't even be a factor, they should just be playing.

    For example, you never hear about this issue in Baseball, and rarely in Football. Do you think the players for Green Bay are going to avoid the team just because its cold and boring there? No, they are happy to have a contract.

    The sense of entitlement and egos these NBA guys have is so ridiculous sometimes.

  18. #38
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    To my knowledge So. CA is the only place in North America where you can snow ski on real snow in your car in the morning and go surfing in the afternoon and then party with any kind of crowd you want at night. All in the same day, if you have the energy.
    I would really like to see this happen.. are there any youtubes of people skiing inside their cars? I can't even picture it.. must be a crazy huge car, or really small people.
    your pal,
    ebrian

  19. #39
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,331
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    If you love San Francisco then you should really love West Hollywood. It is a nice cleaner than San Francisco and offers the same cultural and social environment as San Francisco

    Personally I wouldn't give 2 cents for any of those cities straight up, but that is just me.

    Its a personal thing. The weather in Miami sucks rotten eggs and the Miami is the home to some of the biggest crawling insects in America. Seriously, I was also killed by one them suckers when it bit me.

    N.Y. you either love it or hate it. I hate it. Too many people in too small a place. Too much concrete and glass and not enough green. In fact the life expectancy in N.Y. is the lowest of any American city.

    Then again its all personal.

    I love Los Angeles and So. CA offers more in complete lifestyle options both indoor and outdoor than any major city/area in the world, period.
    Jay Leno,Craig Ferguson, jImmy Kimmel all constantly make fun of west hollywood so I don't think it has a very good reputation.


    as for Demar's comment, it's great, but, at the same time there is a lot of things wrong with it. (in no particular order)

    !) it's only coming from one player

    2) he plays here

    3)Bosh and Turkoglu carry alot more reputation around the league than Demar.

    4) that's usually what second players say because they start to grow into the city and are just glad they get a chance to play.

    5) Toronto good=2 Toronto foreign and weird=3

    this summer we've had t-mac,bosh, and turkoglu all say toronto is weird and stupid and no one wants to play there. we also had Lebron say our team is a joke(in a nice way)

    We need former players to rep toronto and we need all the players here to say they love toronto and this franchise, but not say it as words but rather in their actions, what i'm saying is we need to start freakin winning for Demar's comments to hold significant weight.

    on the plus side you've had rasho(former player) say he loves toronto
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •