DeMar Called Toronto A Top 5 City Among Players In The League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    If you love San Francisco then you should really love West Hollywood. It is a nice cleaner than San Francisco and offers the same cultural and social environment as San Francisco

Personally I wouldn't give 2 cents for any of those cities straight up, but that is just me.

Its a personal thing. The weather in Miami sucks rotten eggs and the Miami is the home to some of the biggest crawling insects in America. Seriously, I was also killed by one them suckers when it bit me.

N.Y. you either love it or hate it. I hate it. Too many people in too small a place. Too much concrete and glass and not enough green. In fact the life expectancy in N.Y. is the lowest of any American city.

Then again its all personal.

I love Los Angeles and So. CA offers more in complete lifestyle options both indoor and outdoor than any major city/area in the world, period.
    So your a living dead? D: No wonder you make so many weird threads and have so much time on your hands.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sat Aug 14, 2010, 08:43 AM.

Comment

I don't know if ESPN is broadcast into Toronto or not. However, I do know that unless ESPN is hyping your team it is not looked on favorably. All of these American athletes grow up on ESPN. ESPN on TV, on the computer, on their phone 24X7.

ESPN makes and breaks the popularity of players, teams and cities in N. America when it comes to basketball and probably American style football.
      NBA

Get Well! RT @J_Flynn Since I've been hurt, I've noticed that the only thing good that comes on TV before 6pm is on ESPN, ESPN2, or NBATV
      http://twitter.com/J_Flynn
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

aduffie wrote: View Post
        While it's good to hear Demar rep T.O., I personally couldn't give a damn what the majority of NBA players think about the city. Anybody who has visited the U.S. knows there's only 2 or 3 great cities - NY, Miami, San Fran. The rest fall WAY below Toronto in any sense, from culture, to economy, to entertainment, to progress. The fact is, most NBA players like sticking to the friends they met when they were 15, and if that was in Compton or Washington, they're going to rep those cities harder than anything else. T.O can't compete with those emotional attachments, and we shouldn't. Instead, brand ourselves to places as the place you'll love when you grow up a little, want to start a family, and live in a spectacular country!

(sorry for creating a tangent. needed to get that off my chess)
        You lose all credibility when you say that two out of the three best american cities are san fran and miami??!?!!?!?

miami and san fran below toronto, the big 4 are nyc, chi town, bean town, and maybe la

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
          demar n weems would destroy lbj n wade in a 2 on 2 half court
          what?
          wha
          what?

im just

what?

maybe if it was a golf match where the lower score wins? but then again, if lebron and wade knew they would win still

Comment

If you love San Francisco then you should really love West Hollywood.
            West Hollywood, a city of Los Angeles County, California, was incorporated on November 29, 1984, with a 2000 residential population estimate of 34,675. This city has a dense population of homosexuals ;O

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
              West Hollywood, a city of Los Angeles County, California, was incorporated on November 29, 1984, with a 2000 residential population estimate of 34,675. This city has a dense population of homosexuals ;O
              Like I said if you love San Francisco you will love West Hollywood.

Case closed #pause
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                what?
                wha
                what?

im just

what?

maybe if it was a golf match where the lower score wins? but then again, if lebron and wade knew they would win still
                young gunz could beat anyone including an all world team...didnt you see the sumer league ?

Comment

You lose all credibility when you say that two out of the three best american cities are san fran and miami??!?!!?!?

miami and san fran below toronto, the big 4 are nyc, chi town, bean town, and maybe la
                  This is why it's all a matter of personal taste, since it depends so much on the criteria you're applying.

LA just isn't my type of city, so I'll abstain on that one, but as far as I go, neither Chicago nor Boston can hold a candle to the Big Apple, IMHO. I've never been to San Fran or Miami, but I doubt it'd be that far-fetched for some people to place them ahead of Chicago/Boston. Toronto and NYC will always be my interchangeable #1 and #2, with Boston a distant #3, but you'll find a lot of Americans preferring places like Austin (TX), Madison (WI) and Boulder (CO) over any of these.

To each his/her own; not sure what any of this has to do with losing credibility though.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                    So your a living dead? D: No wonder you make so many weird threads and have so much time on your hands.
                    You know there is some truth to what you say. While I was recuperating in a hospital I wound up watching the Namith and the Jets take apart my Colts. Between the immense infection, I will spare everyone the gruesome details (chorus: Thank god), and that loss by my Colts I really thought it might be better to go over to the other side. But that was only for a few days until I watched my next basketball game

Nah just a big basketball fan who is retired

And

"I'm Loving it" You betcha'

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CBoQ9QEwAg

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
                      young gunz could beat anyone including an all world team...didnt you see the sumer league ?
                      O my gosh...i almost had a rage black out

the two best players in the league would be beat by demar derozan and sonny weems, because they were good in SUMMERLEAGUE!!!!???

Seriously?

its summer league

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                        This is why it's all a matter of personal taste, since it depends so much on the criteria you're applying.

LA just isn't my type of city, so I'll abstain on that one, but as far as I go, neither Chicago nor Boston can hold a candle to the Big Apple, IMHO. I've never been to San Fran or Miami, but I doubt it'd be that far-fetched for some people to place them ahead of Chicago/Boston. Toronto and NYC will always be my interchangeable #1 and #2, with Boston a distant #3, but you'll find a lot of Americans preferring places like Austin (TX), Madison (WI) and Boulder (CO) over any of these.

To each his/her own; not sure what any of this has to do with losing credibility though.

Your right there but i have been to both those places...miami is nice but very sketchy

san fran is a nice place but homeless is a bad problem there/

I have been to chicago, nyc, boston, and LA those places (maybe not LA) are better in my opinion
                        but i must say, for an nba player, chicago, nyc, and boston are the places to be. Especially if you are as wealthy as them.

Comment

Your right there but i have been to both those places...miami is nice but very sketchy

san fran is a nice place but homeless is a bad problem there/

I have been to chicago, nyc, boston, and LA those places (maybe not LA) are better in my opinion
                          but i must say, for an nba player, chicago, nyc, and boston are the places to be. Especially if you are as wealthy as them.
                          I would say all four are pretty close as a preferred playing and living location for NBA players.

However I think it depends on the player and their life style.

Chicago and New York are 24x7 cities. Los Angeles except of course for closed private parties tends to close down starting around 11 PM (Restaurants) up until a couple of hours after mid-night (nightclubs). However Los Angeles offers a lot more options during the day time. For example when you have a day off in Los Angeles, like Miami, you can go to the beach on that day off. You can't do that in the winter in N.Y. Chicago or Boston.

If you are into the entertainment crowd and hanging with them Los Angeles offers the most of that.

There area also more options in Los Angeles in the summer regarding playing organized high level basketball at some gym against other NBA and top level college players.

N.y and Chicago are all about the night life and the sports media. Not all players like the pressure of playing in N.Y.

I am not sure what Boston offers NBA players outside of being able to wear Celtic green. However for some players that is enough.

Comment

Chicago is a better version of Toronto. Go there, then tell me I'm wrong. It's a great town.
                            i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

lets hope demar can play some good ball and have the jennigs effect on t.o so people actually about care what he says
                              ya dun noe

Comment

pillowmint wrote: View Post
                                Chicago is a better version of Toronto. Go there, then tell me I'm wrong. It's a great town.
                                Extremely high crime rate, politicians are the most corrupt in America and the weather sucks rotten eggs a lot worse than Miami.

Chicago is great if you like to spend your time indoors with mobsters and/or corrupt politicians. In Chicago they are often one in the same

Comment

Working...
                                X