Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DeMar Setting The Bar High

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DeMar Setting The Bar High

http://twitter.com/DeMar_DeRozan

Demar Twit:
    It's crazy in MSG for the USA game. I'm defiantly in it next year...
    I am going to hold him up to that promise!

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    http://twitter.com/DeMar_DeRozan

Demar Twit:

I am going to hold him up to that promise!
    I would rather see him in the big boys all-star game next Feb or in the playoffs come next April.

However, this is certainly a worthwhile goal for him and I would love to see him make Team USA next summer
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Rookie Mr.Grinch's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Demar is the next tmac(before he was injured) or kobe

Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Grinch wrote: View Post
    t-mac maybe, kobe keep dreaming

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    I would rather see him in the big boys all-star game next Feb or in the playoffs come next April.

However, this is certainly a worthwhile goal for him and I would love to see him make Team USA next summer
    I actually think Team USA is the best developmental program in the world for basketball. Before the redeem team, it was counter productive as it added extra miles, created bad habits amongs players and created a losing atmosphere. The whole culture of the program has changed and it now acts as a launching pad for NBA stars to turn into superstars. After the olympics, nearly every player on the team had a career year in the accompanying season, Wade returned to top 3 status and the west/east finals were all led by Redeem team members.

This new squad is more interesting as there is only one superstar mixed in with a couple veterans and several young studs looking to make the leap. I think whoever steps up on this team will see that success carry over into the NBA season and playoffs.

The best thing that could happen to Derozan would be to make one of these teams, but since the USA program has a glut of wingmen with exponentially more polish, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Raptors Republic Rookie RAPT0RS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good for DeMar, this kid's gonna be killer next year.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Grinch wrote: View Post
    he cant shoot behind 12 feet...he is neither...he is more of a short dawkins haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    he cant shoot behind 12 feet...he is neither...he is more of a short dawkins haha
    DeMar shot 40% on his jump shots last season, his rookie season
    Rodney Stuckey shot 37% on his jump shots last season, his third season.

DeRozan made 25% of his threes last season
    Stuckey made 19% of his threes in his rookie season

Stuckey for his career is a 25% three point shooter

Stuckey averaged almost 17 ppg last season, his third.

DeMar is a better field goal shooter than Stuckey. The one advantage that Stuckey has on offense over DeRozan is that he shoots more free throws than DeMar. He also converts his free throws at a higher rate.

Stuckey for his career is averaging 4.8 free throws per 36 minutes vs DeMar's 4.2 in his rookie season. Stuckey is shooting 82% for his career vs 76% for DeMar from the foul line.

DeRozan did make 40% of his three point shots in the LVSL. Only took five but it is progress since he only made 4 of 16 for the entire 09-10 season. It may have been only the summer league but you still have to make the shots.

How much better on offense he will get will depend on much he can extend his shooting range how much more often he can draw fouls and how much better his mid-range game gets. I am highly optimistic.

It is my opinion that DeMar will average over 20 ppg by no later than his fourth full season.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...stuckro01.html

http://www.82games.com/0910/09DET4.HTM

http://www.nba.com/summerleague2010/...zan/index.html
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorRoo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You gotta love DD's confidence, it looks like he's carried that swagger over from the LVSL...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
    You gotta love DD's confidence, it looks like he's carried that swagger over from the LVSL...
    +1

Post Thanks / Like

DeMar shot 40% on his jump shots last season, his rookie season
    Rodney Stuckey shot 37% on his jump shots last season, his third season.

DeRozan made 25% of his threes last season
    Stuckey made 19% of his threes in his rookie season

Stuckey for his career is a 25% three point shooter

Stuckey averaged almost 17 ppg last season, his third.

DeMar is a better field goal shooter than Stuckey. The one advantage that Stuckey has on offense over DeRozan is that he shoots more free throws than DeMar. He also converts his free throws at a higher rate.

Stuckey for his career is averaging 4.8 free throws per 36 minutes vs DeMar's 4.2 in his rookie season. Stuckey is shooting 82% for his career vs 76% for DeMar from the foul line.

DeRozan did make 40% of his three point shots in the LVSL. Only took five but it is progress since he only made 4 of 16 for the entire 09-10 season. It may have been only the summer league but you still have to make the shots.

How much better on offense he will get will depend on much he can extend his shooting range how much more often he can draw fouls and how much better his mid-range game gets. I am highly optimistic.

It is my opinion that DeMar will average over 20 ppg by no later than his fourth full season.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...stuckro01.html

http://www.82games.com/0910/09DET4.HTM

http://www.nba.com/summerleague2010/...zan/index.html
    So you think he is going to be kobe or t mac?

Demar made 4 three pointers last year...please dont throw his 25% from three at me...by this logic if i make 1 shot, then retire, i have the field goal percentage record.

If i had to chose between demar or rodney, i am picking rodney. He earned respect from the league this year, his game (though sometimes dosnt look like it) is calmer then demars right now, and with the last shot in the game, i am putting the ball in stucky's hands, not de rozans.

all those stats were nice and all...but...as of now, if i am gonna have one guy shoot the mid range jumper for the game, its stuckey

As of now he basically shoots inner mid range jumpers with consistency

The statement was that demar will be the next tmac or kobe...
    tmac could shoot, kobe can shoot. Demar is an energy player right now, it is great, i love it, but dont tell me

sorry if this message dosnt make sense but im tired lol

Post Thanks / Like

So you think he is going to be kobe or t mac?
    Talk about coming to a weird conclusion.

I don't think he will score as much as T-Mac did in his prime, however I will wager you that when both DeRozan and McGrady's careers are finished Demar will have had a lot more success in the playoffs than McGrady.

Kobe - DeMar nor anyone playing today except for maybe D. Wade has earned the right to be compared to him without it being ludicrous comparison.

Lebron except for one year when the NBA officials gave him a chance to get to the Finals has been a total playoff bust visa via the expectations and in actual accomplishments.

Wade at least has one ring

Truth be told there are very few NBA guards/SFs that deserve to be compared to Kobe and none of them are playing today except maybe D Wade, cause someone has to be it.

Kobe has now gone success wise in the NBA where very few others have gone before. He is one of the 10 greatest players ever.

If you want to compare Kobe lets start with Jordan.

Raptors Republic Rookie Arenick's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The kid's grown on me, and he's become my favourite Raptor we have right now, and I expect him to mature into one of our best.
    Raptors fan for life....sadly.

Post Thanks / Like

People, considering JaVale McGee got an invite, let alone only just got cut now along with Jeff Green to lower their roster to 13, it's not as big a deal as some may think. Still a huge thing but it's not like the elite are giving team U.S.A. much interest right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    People, considering JaVale McGee got an invite, let alone only just got cut now along with Jeff Green to lower their roster to 13, it's not as big a deal as some may think. Still a huge thing but it's not like the elite are giving team U.S.A. much interest right now.
    Is Bargnani going to be playing for Team Italy in the FIBA tournament this month?

Post Thanks / Like

I hope not but I haven't heard. No reports on it from the usual suspects...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I hope not but I haven't heard. No reports on it from the usual suspects...
    It looks like team Italy didn't make the tournament

http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/eng...am-search.html

Post Thanks / Like

Talk about coming to a weird conclusion.

I don't think he will score as much as T-Mac did in his prime, however I will wager you that when both DeRozan and McGrady's careers are finished Demar will have had a lot more success in the playoffs than McGrady.

Kobe - DeMar nor anyone playing today except for maybe D. Wade has earned the right to be compared to him without it being ludicrous comparison.

Lebron except for one year when the NBA officials gave him a chance to get to the Finals has been a total playoff bust visa via the expectations and in actual accomplishments.

Wade at least has one ring

Truth be told there are very few NBA guards/SFs that deserve to be compared to Kobe and none of them are playing today except maybe D Wade, cause someone has to be it.

Kobe has now gone success wise in the NBA where very few others have gone before. He is one of the 10 greatest players ever.

If you want to compare Kobe lets start with Jordan.
    Sorry but i was refuting someone saying he will be kobe or atleast tmac.
    I thought you were defending him...obviously(as i see now) you were refuting me saying demar cant shoot past 12 feet (which he can not do well)

I would take stuckey over demar as of now any day, demar, even though he is more athletic, his jumper i cant see settling down that much.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but i was refuting someone saying he will be kobe or atleast tmac.
    I thought you were defending him...obviously(as i see now) you were refuting me saying demar cant shoot past 12 feet (which he can not do well)

I would take stuckey over demar as of now any day, demar, even though he is more athletic, his jumper i cant see settling down that much.
    We shall see what happens

Stuckey is a far better defender at this point. He also gets to the rack better though he has a lot of trouble finishing because he is not really an above the rim guy.

Who to take?

Tough question.

I want to wait another year on Demar

Remind me next May and I will give you my answer

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a ridiculous thing to say, first off T-Mac's prime was spent in Orlando where he was arguably THE best player in the league and was surrounded by a bunch of nobodys because all their money was tied up in T-Mac and an injured Grant Hill and their drafting strategy was to always take the cleanest looking white guy available.

As well, barring Derozan making incredible leaps and bounds (knock on wood he does) he will never be on the same level as T-Mac, probably not even close to him, so having more playoff success means nothing. Zan Tabak had more playoff success than Charles Barkley, so what?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information