Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How We Can Get Emeka Okafor (An Upgrade Over Tyson Chandler)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How We Can Get Emeka Okafor (An Upgrade Over Tyson Chandler)

How we can get the non-injury prone who played all 82 games, a more efficent scorer and better defender and blocker.

Toronto Gets:
    Emeka Okafor

New Orleans Gets:
    Joey Dorsey
    Miami's First or Second Pick
    Trade Exception equal to 2.5 Million

Would You Do This
    Last edited by lankanzero; Sun Aug 15, 2010, 10:15 PM.

I like Okafor but I'm really not interested in giving up draft picks and TPE for him. He isn't that great offensively but is a solid rebounder and defender, one more problem is that he is a natural PF who made the jump to C cause teams didn't have players to play at C alongside him.. We are also one of those teams

Comment

lankanzero wrote: View Post
      How we can get the non-injury prone who played all 82 games, a more efficent scorer and better defender and blocker.

Toronto Gets:
      Emeka Okafor

New Orleans Gets:
      Joey Dorsey
      Miami's First Pick or Second Pick
      Trade Exception of 2.5 Million
      Would You Do This
      If Not how would you make this trade work

Comment

The point is I don't think we can make it work.. His contract is scary but he is a consistent defender and rebounder, so it wouldn't be terrible, but if we were to get him either him or Bargnani would be starting in a position that isn't their natural.

Comment

This whole center forward thing is getting a bit out of hand, how many "true" centers are out there? if more than half the guys playing center in the league aren't actually centers... furthermore is their really that much difference between PF and C? and just because you are listed as the PF doesn't mean you have to guard the other teams PF, teams get to match up defensively however they want. I'm not saying okafor is or is not a good player (i think he would be fine in t.o. for the record.) and i know Center is our weak position, BUT just becuase a guy is huge doesn't mean he's any good. Anyway I'm done my rant.

Getting Okafor would be okay but I wouldn't want to use the TPE on him. If that's the only way a deal can be done than I'm not interested.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I Did Kind of like where you were going so I thought I'd get a bit creative myself and brought the bobcats back into the mix. Here's how it breaks down

Charlotte gets: Calderon (3@9mil) gives up Mohammed (1@7mil) + Augustine (1@ 2.5mil)
            Toronto gets: Augustine (1@ 2.5) + Okafor (4@ 11mil) gives up Calderon (3@9mil) and Evans (1@ 5mil)
            New Orleans gets: Mohammed (1@7mil) + Evans (1@ 5mil) gives up Okafor (4@ 11mil)

ESPN Trade Machine

I think this deal works well for both Toronto and Charlotte; the 11 million dollar question is whether NOH wants to shed Okafors Contract?

After looking at this trade I've decided that I'm going to stat a new thread for it. But i'll prop Iankanzero.
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Um there are many true centers out there, and I don't think it's getting out of hand at all. Look at Rashard Lewis play PF and tell me he's doing fine.. players want and should play in their natural position.. we wouldn't be hounding AB nearly as much if he was a PF. And half of the teams have these players playing out of positon cause theres no other options.. You think Elton Brand, Antawn Jamison, Rashard Lewis, etc can all cover D12? There is a huge difference, out of style of play and responsibility. Players are built for their natural position, defensive matchups are fine, but two PF's at the C/PF position NEVER works.. (Al Jefferson/Kevin Love, AB/Bosh, Okafor/West.. should I keep going?)

Furthermore, Okafor WOULD be a great pickup for our team as it adds toughness, rebounding, & defense.. But a natural C with some talent would be great for us too

Comment

Working...
              X