X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haslem Busted For Pot Possession

Haslem’s attorney: NBA player will be vindicated

By TIM REYNOLDS, AP Sports Writer 8 minutes ago

MIAMI (AP)—The attorney for Miami Heat forward Udonis Haslem(notes) says he is hopeful the NBA player will be vindicated of a possession of marijuana charge brought following a traffic stop over the weekend.

Attorney Eric Schwartzreich says the State Attorney’s Office is reviewing the arrest paperwork. Haslem was arrested Sunday afternoon, and Miami-Dade court records show he was charged with having more than 20 grams of marijuana in his 2008 Mercedes. He was released on bond Sunday night.

A passenger in Haslem’s vehicle told the Florida Highway Patrol that the marijuana was his.

Schwartzreich says Haslem “doesn’t know how he can be charged with this.”
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...ap-heat-haslem
    No - His career is about to go up in smoke
    0.00%
    No - He will only get a slap on the wrist
    16.67%
    Yes - This was a setup
    0.00%
    Yes - The Heat will pull some strings
    16.67%
    Damn, I was hoping it would have been Bosh
    33.33%
    Who gives a sheet
    33.33%
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

There's no indication in the quote that this was a set-up and it's grossly innapropriate to refer to one.

Haslem's friend said the pot was his, but the officer didn't believe him. Why?

If the pot was on the friend's person, than he has possession. That's clear cut. But, the quote states that the pot was found in Haslem's car, which means that the pot is in in Haslem's possession.
    RR OG

Comment

haslem looks like a criminal, i'm not trying to be racist or prejudice or anything, but, he just has that look. it creeps me out, he's creepy looking he reminds me of a black charles manson, i don't know why.

i'm not surprised someone had to take beasley's place.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Somebody had to step up and fill Michael Beasley's role. Haslem, being a great team guy and all was only happy to roll up his sleeves.

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
          There's no indication in the quote that this was a set-up and it's grossly innapropriate to refer to one.

Haslem's friend said the pot was his, but the officer didn't believe him. Why?

If the pot was on the friend's person, than he has possession. That's clear cut. But, the quote states that the pot was found in Haslem's car, which means that the pot is in in Haslem's possession.
          The facts are two confusing, clouded and limited but I hear ya.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Somebody had to step up and fill Michael Beasley's role. Haslem, being a great team guy and all was only happy to roll up his sleeves.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CCAQ9QEwBQ

Comment

Ha Haslem is an idiot! not for smoking pot per se but for being a careless idiot.

The Florida Highway Patrol says just after 3 p.m. a trooper pulled Haslem's 2008 Mercedes over between 42nd and 57th Avenue for speeding. During the stop the trooper reportedly smelled marijuana. Haslem's Mercedes sedan was searched multiple times and 20 grams of marijuana was eventually found in a blue nylon bag that has been documented as belonging to Fleming.

Haslem's attorney, Eric Schwartzreich, said Udonis had no knowledge of the drugs in the suitcase and that Flemming admitted the drugs were his.
              He had no knowledge of the drugs?! lets see if I am a judge what would I be thinking:

Tinted windows
              Speeding car
              You have dreadlocks and serious tattoos
              Smell of Marijuana coming from the car....
              and you have a friend willing to take the fall for you because you are high profile athlete who will likely compesnate your friend when he gets out!

Haslem might get 5 years for being an idiot.
              Last edited by Hotshot; Mon Aug 16, 2010, 05:34 PM.

Comment

He won't get a thing. There is a guy there in the car with Haslem taking the blame. Same sort of thing happened to Melo, with lesser drugs, and he got off the hook.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  He won't get a thing. There is a guy there in the car with Haslem taking the blame. Same sort of thing happened to Melo, with lesser drugs, and he got off the hook.
                  That is up to a judge to decide that.

hmm I wonder the dollar amount you are going to be promised for taking the fall and going for 5 years behind bars. I would think that this should be worth a couple of millions.

Comment

If the Cop could smell the weed from outside the window, why couldn't Haslem from inside the car?

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      That is up to a judge to decide that.

hmm I wonder the dollar amount you are going to be promised for taking the fall and going for 5 years behind bars. I would think that this should be worth a couple of millions.
                      How many cases have you heard of where the judge ignores the guy pleadings guilty, taking full blame, and instead punishes the guy who says he's innocent? Want to have a friendly bet on this one? I think it's a sure shot he gets off the hook.

Marz wrote: View Post
                      If the Cop could smell the weed from outside the window, why couldn't Haslem from inside the car?
                      Logic has no place in this. Of course he knew and maybe it was his and maybe he was smoking it but he says he didn't know about it, it wasn't his and he wasn't smoking it. Then you have a guy taking full blame and saying Udonis is completely innocent. It's not illegal for your car to smell like the stuff and he can always plead ignorance given that it illegal and thus technically he shouldn't be able to identify the smell anyway.
                      Last edited by Apollo; Tue Aug 17, 2010, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X