No announcement yet.

Bargs' Defense Not Improved Over The Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No wonder basketball players don't want to come to Toronto. With moron fans that setup 6 blogs in two weeks about the same stupid topic. I use to think that Toronto fans were getting a higher basketball IQ untill I started to read these blogs on raptors republic. How much can you beat a DEAD HORSE. Bargni has improved every year and has slowly become a good player but will he become a great player only time will tell. Hopefully this is the last blog about the same topic. When season starts you can evaluate Bargni's game all you like but this is a pointless THREAD

Comment

Frankthetank wrote: View Post
      No wonder basketball players don't want to come to Toronto. With moron fans that setup 6 blogs in two weeks about the same stupid topic. I use to think that Toronto fans were getting a higher basketball IQ untill I started to read these blogs on raptors republic. How much can you beat a DEAD HORSE. Bargni has improved every year and has slowly become a good player but will he become a great player only time will tell. Hopefully this is the last blog about the same topic. When season starts you can evaluate Bargni's game all you like but this is a pointless THREAD
      This happens in the 'blog and message board' world no matter the sport or team or activity.

It has nothing to do with the fans IQ level

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        You mean like this guy

nnahh he's all offense, we are looking for people to play defense this season

Comment

Scoring 22 points in 20 minutes currently against israel. http://live.fibaeurope.com/netcasting/Default.asp?

Comment

Scoring 22 points in 20 minutes currently against israel. http://live.fibaeurope.com/netcasting/Default.asp?
            Against Israel? RFLMAO

Italy is ranked 8th in FIBA
            Israel 25th

One can only imagine how many points Bargs would score in 20 minutes against Liberia or The People's Republic of Congo

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/even/rank/rankMen.asp
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Just like your useless stats buddah

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                Against Israel? RFLMAO

Italy is ranked 8th in FIBA
                Israel 25th

One can only imagine how many points Bargs would score in 20 minutes against Liberia or The People's Republic of Congo

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/even/rank/rankMen.asp
                8th? I find that kind of surprising. I'm sure it will go down significantly after they failed to qualify for the worlds

Comment

Half the statistical categories were created to baffle the brains of those who don't understand the sport. Those brains we speak of are at RR LOL. Just like Buddah saying that it would be just as easy for AMir to average 20 points as it would be for ANdrea to average 10 rebounds LOL. You can blame one player for a team problem and that is called denial.

Comment

RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
                    8th? I find that kind of surprising. I'm sure it will go down significantly after they failed to qualify for the worlds
                    Yea I was surprised about that too.

One would think that their ranking would in fact drop after the world tournament this month and next.
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
                      Yea I was surprised about that too.

One would think that their ranking would in fact drop after the world tournament this month and next.

Comment

I'm not worried one bit. I actually think he'll rise to the challenge next year and be a leader for the team as he started to break through with his in-game communication last season.

Also, look at the draft that he was number one in. If my memory is right, people were thinking aldridge or tyrus thomas instead of him as #1. Would our team be better if we'd taken them? Sure Brandon Roy was there but lots of other teams passed on him, too. Colangelo looked at the talent, picked the guy he wanted and went with him despite the fact that he got a higher pick than expected. That's what I want in a GM...not the guy who takes what draftexpress tells him to.

Comment

Bargnani is not simply a player with poor defensive skills. He's a 7 footer who can't play team defense, is an extremely poor rebounder and cannot actually create his own shot very well. He can go past guys who fall for his pump fake, but his shooting percentage goes WAY down the moment he puts the ball on the floor. He doesn't move well without the ball, has no move except for a pump fake and drive right, and is a passable, at best, post player who doesn't draw fouls.

If you put a good defensive center beside him, he'll still be a poor defensive and rebounding 7 footer who needs help to score. You can surround him with better defensive players, but this isn't Steve Nash we're talking about here. Bargnani isn't that good on offense that you need to build around him and protect him on the defensive end. He's a half decent scorer and scoring is his BIGGEST strength. I mean, if this were a Kevin Durant-type talent on the offensive end, I can see trying to build around him. But he's not even close to that. This is, quite frankly, a half decent player that shouldn't even be the second option on a good team. Why adjust the entire team for a player like that?
                          He does sometimes tend to lull in the paint but he's a decent defender. averaged 1.4 blks last year, #17th in the league. he's more of a weakside blocker, meaning he blocks shots of offensive players who got away from their man. Averages 6 rebs last year which is not great but decent. i think extremely poor rebounder is a tag for the likes of boykins or maybe even POB. im not sure how his shooting % goes down when he puts the ball on the floor, when putting the ball on the floor means youre going to penetrate which means a higher chance of getting the ball in the hoop, therefore, high FG%. He may have the same move everytime, but it seems to be effective, he's averaged almost 17pts a game in 14 attempts, again, close to 50%.

i think most of your assumptions are what they are, assumptions. if you look at games from last year, he mostly got his points off broken plays, meaning the ball got down to bosh, he got double teamed so he passes out to andrea. imagine if plays were actually made for andrea, he'd probably be scoring at least 20 a game.

the thing with andrea is, he may not be a franchise player, but right now, he is. or at least he is considered to be. same situation with bosh when VC left.

i think bargs is in the same situation now as back then with granger. granger was 7pts/5rebs then 13/5 his 1st 2 seasons with indiana. his third year he all of a sudden becomes the franchise player, he gets 19/6.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                            He does sometimes tend to lull in the paint but he's a decent defender. averaged 1.4 blks last year, #17th in the league. he's more of a weakside blocker, meaning he blocks shots of offensive players who got away from their man. Averages 6 rebs last year which is not great but decent. i think extremely poor rebounder is a tag for the likes of boykins or maybe even POB. im not sure how his shooting % goes down when he puts the ball on the floor, when putting the ball on the floor means youre going to penetrate which means a higher chance of getting the ball in the hoop, therefore, high FG%. He may have the same move everytime, but it seems to be effective, he's averaged almost 17pts a game in 14 attempts, again, close to 50%.

i think most of your assumptions are what they are, assumptions. if you look at games from last year, he mostly got his points off broken plays, meaning the ball got down to bosh, he got double teamed so he passes out to andrea. imagine if plays were actually made for andrea, he'd probably be scoring at least 20 a game.

the thing with andrea is, he may not be a franchise player, but right now, he is. or at least he is considered to be. same situation with bosh when VC left.

i think bargs is in the same situation now as back then with granger. granger was 7pts/5rebs then 13/5 his 1st 2 seasons with indiana. his third year he all of a sudden becomes the franchise player, he gets 19/6.
                            That may be true in some peoples minds, fair enough.

I don't happen to agree

However, How often and how far did Bosh lead the Raptors into the playoffs?

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post

That may be true in some peoples minds, fair enough.

I don't happen to agree

However, How often and how far did Bosh lead the Raptors into the playoffs?

Comment

Another retarded thread by the once respected buddah. ANdrea was matched up once one on one with peckovic. I wish that you and Tim would stop producing such useless garbage that borders on SLANDER. THat whole video is pick and rolls and someone else is guarding Pekovic. YOU TWO CLOWNS WOULD SLANDER ANDREA EVEN IF YOU DIDN"T GET PAID to do it
                                I haven't started any of these threads. And I've said absolutely nothing that was untrue. And I haven't actually posted ANYTHING on here for a month. Apparently you just don't like people criticizing Bargnani, whether it's true or not. And I never once insulted you, so I'd appreciate you give me the same respect I give you.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X