Tyrus Thomas and John Salmons for Andrea Bargnani and Marco Belinelli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyrus Thomas and John Salmons for Andrea Bargnani and Marco Belinelli

Tyrus Thomas and John Salmons for Andrea Bargnani and Marco Belinelli.

What do you think about this offer? The salaries match up (I think) and Chicago needs scoring.

I think that BC would rather keep Bosh and give away AB. Indeed, AB is probably our best asset right now apart from Bosh.

salaries dont match

you have to cut $973,000 from the Chicago players or add a player of that value from toronto's roster....

and no thats a horrible trade for the raptors...

Comment

Tyrus Thomas <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Bargnani

and John Salmons...i rather not get him.... because he reject our offer before.

Comment

I gotta say I'm not feeling that trade proposal at all man. In terms of talent the Raps would be getting the short end of the stick big time. TBH I get the vibe that BC would have a harder time of letting his prized pet AB go than CB.

Comment

I think this is a horrible trade If people think Bargnani's been disappointing, they must've not known about Tyrus Thomas, he's pretty inconsistent himself. Salmons rejected coming to Toronto before anyway.
          http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

Me no likey. Add maybe Joakim Noah and take out either Thomas or Salmons and then we'll talk
            Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

I'm all for trading Bargnani, however I think the justification for trading him is the key. The only reason you would trade Bargnani is if you had decided that you wanted to go back to a traditional lineup, that you wanted to go back to having a starting C who has the normal fundamental abilities of a prototypical center.

That is basically saying that the experiment is over in terms of having an outside shooting big man, and going back to the norm which is a shot blocking and rebounding center who LIVES under the basket.

Trading Bargs for a forward and guard just doesn't make sense for us unless you think Bosh can play C (nope), or Amir Johnson can regularly play 35 minutes (maybe as a stop-gap but for 82 games.. doubtful).
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

terrible trade...

Comment

I don't think its as horrible as some make it out to be. Salmons is a starter and a multi-dimensional player. We could definitely use him this year. He can play D.

Tyrus Thomas has shown some great potential, and his defensive abilities are exactly what this team needs. That said he is injured, no? How does this help us this year? No matter what people think, Tyrus Thomas is good value and filled with untapped potential. I thing Raptor fans seriously underestimate his value and impact on the game.

I am willing to bet, that when all is said and done TT will be the more complete player.

Unfortunately, this would require Bryan to take a mulligan on his pick... and I don't think there is a chance in hell he does that.

Comment

Trading Bargs for Ty Thomas we still end up with a team that essentially has 2 PFs, if we see Bosh or Bargs go we have to hope that an above average center comes back to see how the offense works then. Im not sold that Bargo is a center by any stretch of the imagination...

Comment

*the offense and (more importantly) defense works then

Comment

It's a solid trade. Improves the Raps. Two good role players.

However, I'd rather see someone with star quality in return for Bargnani. Someone that has the ability or potential to become a player of All-Star or near All-Star level of performance. That would be my first choice.

Second choice would probably be cap space. Third choice role players.
                        nbaroundtable

Comment

Worst Trade Ever

Not sure why we'd consider this one... Tyrus Thomas is a taller Joey Graham and Salmons isn't what he used to be (if he was ever good).

Comment

Working...
                          X