Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors: Nuggets/Knicks Trade Done Deal (See Post #151)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carmelo a... Knick

I figured that this no longer fits under the "Carmelo Rumors" thread. Redirect it if need be.

link

Carmelo Anthony has been traded to the Knicks, according to a sources that spoke to the Denver Post and New York Daily News.

New York will give up Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Timofey Mozgov, Anthony Randolph, Eddy Curry's expiring contract, their own first round pick in 2014, Golden State's second round picks in 2012 and 2013, and $3 million in cash.

Randolph and Curry will go to Minnesota.

Going to the Knicks with Anthony will be Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman.
    Does the amount they got back increase the sting of Bosh's departure?

Comment

• It's done, melo's a knick
      http://www.nba.com/2011/news/02/21/c...s=iref:nbahpt1
      I did it

Comment

• The link from the primary source...

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17443219

Also... "Marc J. Spears: Melo's agent Leon Rose also confirms trade."

Comment

• BC's Handling of Bosh's trade and Nuggets ...

It seems like Nuggetes just GOT PAIED!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6145912

What did we get back for Bosh?? Keep on drinking the Kool-Aid Boys and Girls

Comment

• Where did 'Drinking the Kool-Aid' come from anyway? Geezus.

First off, there's NO WAY Chris Bosh nets as much as the Nuggets just got for Carmelo Anthony. Zero chance. Second, Bosh would have had to agree to an extension, similar to Anthony, and I'm not sure he would have agreed to go just anywhere. Dude had his sites set.
            So yes, the Nuggets handled it fairly well, but they had a MUCH clearer idea that Carmelo was just not going to come back. Chris Bosh wasn't nearly as forth coming about his intensions, so its not really fair to compare. In my opinion.

Comment

• Here's the main difference. Melo came out and told the Nuggets straight up that he's probably not going to sign. Bosh told the Raptors that they would be an option, that he wanted his own team. Had Bosh told Colangelo that he wasn't signing then maybe the guy would have worked something. Who knows, but Melo is a far better player and should net more. The Knicks got a lot of other goodies in this one like Billups for example. Suddenly the Knicks are a legit contender in the east with a fine trio of Stoudemire, Anthony and Billups. Makes me envious.

The Post, citing a league source, said the Knicks would send Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov and a 2014 first-round draft pick to the Nuggets, who would get additional picks and cash.

Along with Anthony, New York would acquire Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman, according to the Post.
              Source: NBA.com

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Where did 'Drinking the Kool-Aid' come from anyway? Geezus.

First off, there's NO WAY Chris Bosh nets as much as the Nuggets just got for Carmelo Anthony. Zero chance. Second, Bosh would have had to agree to an extension, similar to Anthony, and I'm not sure he would have agreed to go just anywhere. Dude had his sites set.
                So yes, the Nuggets handled it fairly well, but they had a MUCH clearer idea that Carmelo was just not going to come back. Chris Bosh wasn't nearly as forth coming about his intensions, so its not really fair to compare. In my opinion.
                but if you had been around bosh for the past 2-3 years you must have noticed a few things such as:

- he was an attention whore - examples: twitter, iphone app, youtube videos, documentary about getting a tattoo... wouldnt take a genius to figure out CB4 wanted fame and where is he more likely to get that and be on ESPN, toronto or the states ?

- almost the ENTIRE league was going to make a run at him in the summer of 2010.... teams were clearing cap space like never before, and it wasn't just Toronto and ONE other team bosh would be choosing from, it was TORONTO and maybe 5 or 6 other teams... you had to know that there was a very good chance he would be signing with another team...

- bosh wanted to WIN - there is no way that even if he stayed healthy and the raps made the playoffs, they were going to beat cleveland, boston, or orlando... so a quick 1st round playoff exit wasn't going to keep him

- BC brought in NINE 9 NINE new faces, before the season... even teams with multiple all-stars like KD and westbrook, need atleast a season or two to gel.... BC expected somehow that this entirely new team would magically gel, and his ROOKIE HEAD COACH would somehow make it all work

- finally, if you are the GM and you watch EVERY RAPS GAME, like we all do, how many seasons do you need before you figure out, this guy isnt a franchise player, we're better off trading him... bosh in 7 years with the raps, played a total of 11 playoff games

i know we have differing opinions on this, and you can bring up the exec of the year award won twice by BC all you want, but the the facts are listed above...

only time will tell is BC is deserving of all the hype he gets, or is he really just a used car salesman who got LUCKY with steve nash.
                Last edited by karim_nasir; Tue Feb 22, 2011, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• You're speaking as a spectator. You or I have no idea what was said behind closed doors. Colangelo isn't a dimwit, the guy has two executive of the year awards, has been a GM in the league for over a decade and has made many block buster trades. I can rhyme out reasons why Bosh should have been moved before the deadline all night long now in hindsight but it's not going to get us anywhere and on top of the we don't have a clue because we're not privy to any REAL information, just rumors, hearsay and speculation.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap..._Carmelo_Trade

Wow, Nuggets aren't going to get a trade done at all at this rate.
                    *snickers* God damn, the Knicks are stupid. Just when you thought that they were being properly run again.

Melo, (a somewhat disgruntled) Billups, Fields, and Amar'e. The rest of the team is garbage, can't play D and have no depth. Nor do they have the assets to trade for it, AND the upcoming CBA makes things look even worse.

And despite my personal opinion that he needs to go, bashing BC for not moving Bosh is crazy.
                    Last edited by WhatWhat; Tue Feb 22, 2011, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Here's the main difference. Melo came out and told the Nuggets straight up that he's probably not going to sign. Bosh told the Raptors that they would be an option, that he wanted his own team. Had Bosh told Colangelo that he wasn't signing then maybe the guy would have worked something. Who knows, but Melo is a far better player and should net more. The Knicks got a lot of other goodies in this one like Billups for example.
                      Thank you. Agreed.

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Suddenly the Knicks are a legit contender in the east with a fine trio of Stoudemire, Anthony and Billups. Makes me envious.
                      Jump on the Bandwagon NOW. It'll be full by morning.

Comment

You're speaking as a spectator. You or I have no idea what was said behind closed doors. Colangelo isn't a dimwit, the guy has two executive of the year awards, has been a GM in the league for over a decade and has made many block buster trades. I can rhyme out reasons why Bosh should have been moved before the deadline all night long now in hindsight but it's not going to get us anywhere and on top of the we don't have a clue because we're not privy to any REAL information, just rumors, hearsay and speculation.
                        why do you need to know what was said behind closed doors if you know that you're franchise player's contract is about to end, and a almost the entire league is going to make him an offer ?

why do you need to know what was said behind closed doors if you know that bosh is media whore ?

why do you need to know what was said behind closed doors if you know that bosh wanted to win and a starting line-up of bargs, bosh, hedo, DD, and jose was not going to cut it even in the east ?

why do i need to know... see where i am going with this ?

and it is going to get us somewhere because the sooner this snake oil car salesman goes back to working for his dad, the sooner the raps can recover from all his mistakes...

Comment

You're speaking as a spectator. You or I have no idea what was said behind closed doors. Colangelo isn't a dimwit, the guy has two executive of the year awards, has been a GM in the league for over a decade and has made many block buster trades. I can rhyme out reasons why Bosh should have been moved before the deadline all night long now in hindsight but it's not going to get us anywhere and on top of the we don't have a clue because we're not privy to any REAL information, just rumors, hearsay and speculation.
                          and your point is ? do you know how many gm's are in the league and how many blockbuster trades have been made by them ?

isiah thomas was in the league for a long time, and made a lot of blockbuster trades, does that mean he is a great gm

w/e man, i know you're the biggest BC supporter out of anyone on this site, and like i ended my previous post, only time will tell...
                          Last edited by karim_nasir; Tue Feb 22, 2011, 01:38 AM.

Comment

• Official: Melo to Knicks

"Titanic" division just a few years ago now holds two teams that may challenge for the conference title.

Comment

• One of my idiot friends called me up at 3 this morning too tell me this. Why late night man, can't they wait till morning.

But anyway, I think we all expected this. Raptors record is going to be screwed up with these teams in our division. Not to mention our chances of getting to the confrence finals.

Comment

• your mom wrote: View Post
                                "Titanic" division just a few years ago now holds two teams that may challenge for the conference title.

In the source above, ESPN mentioned the Raps as a suitor for Danillo Gallinari in return for a first round pick(really another no defense, all offense 3 as a starter, BC? I rest my case and some supporters want him to be resigned *** ).

Comment

Working...
                                X