Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors: Nuggets/Knicks Trade Done Deal (See Post #151)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors: Nuggets/Knicks Trade Done Deal (See Post #151)

Link - Sources: Carmelo Anthony likely to go

All signs continue to point toward the eventual divorce between Carmelo Anthony and the Denver Nuggets.

League sources say it is now a matter of when, not if, Anthony and the Nuggets will go their separate ways.

Anthony is weighing whether to sign a three-year, $65 million extension offered by the Nuggets. His dilemma, league sources say, is what affords him the best chance of continuing his career elsewhere. Anthony could sign with Denver and convince the team to then trade him. His other option would be to not sign the extension, thereby forcing the team to move him rather than risk losing him next summer as a free agent.

During his annual basketball camp in Colorado on Saturday, Anthony said he had no timetable on when he'll decide whether to sign the extension.

In either case, "he's going to make it real clear that he's not coming back," said one league source.
    As Bucher states (video, audio, article), the logical thinking is that Melo's going to work his way to the New York Knicks - not if, but when - given that there are too many hard links between he and the city.

I have no doubt that by 2012, Melo and Paul will be playing alongside Amare with the Knicks.

This does not bode well for the future of our beloved Toronto Raptors.
    RR OG

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post

This does not bode well for the future of our beloved Toronto Raptors.
    well at least things will be more interesting in the league, NY vs Miami will be a huge Eastern Conference battle for years to come.

Comment

new york won't have the cap space or the assetts.

it's not happening, nobody wants to go to new york.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

What are you talking about?! with the cast of young players the Knicks have signed this offseason they are good enough to compete for a playoff spot. If they do then they will stop being a joke.

Next season you subtract Eddy Curry salary You add Carmelo and its a 5th or 4th seed team and if you add Chris Paul then following season then its already a top 3 team. Carmelo doesn't have to really sign a max, and maybe Paul won't sign a max either just to compete.

Comment

And New York is a great place to play in. But the NBA should do something about this. I still remember when I first became a fan of basketball, how I was astonished by the fact that EACH team had atleast one star players, and most teams were pretty even, as in had a balanced team. And one team could not have all the stars. I have been a vivid football (soccer) fan since birth, and I've been pretty frustrated with how business is so involved. And how certain teams can buy all, I thought NBA was different, but it's slowly changing...

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

Actually they can have upwards of $25M coming off the books next season if they waive the rights to their kids and consider Eddy Curry's $11M final year expiring. They could sign Melo outright.

Based on the Melo wedding rumor apparently both Paul and Melo want to be in NYC. Tony Parker is interested too.

Comment

Is Melo the best player likely to be traded in recent memory? Shaq went to Miami in 04/05, but he was already in the twilight phase of his career, KG only got one good year in Boston and that just leaves Gasol who isn't as good as Melo, but remains a much better fit in LA.

The current value of superstars being traded before they can leave is probably around 60 cents on the dollar. Melo to the knicks in a trade might not be that much more than Curry, Galinari and Chandler. I don't think Randolph can be traded...and shouldn't be, but Denver is going to be royally screwed with knuckleheads if Melo forces his way out.

Maybe the Russian gets involved and sends Favors plus a couple picks. I think if any team realistically wants to win a title in the next 5 years, they have to take the long shot chance that renting him for a year might sway him to resign. The knicks are always favorites until they are left holding the bag.

Melo and Billups are pretty tight even though I think Billups is washed up, they could become a package deal. Orlando could swoop in and offer a Jameer/VC/Gortat package that would give Orlando a legit shot in the East.

The Heat have changed the game and any contender worth thier salt should make a run at renting Melo. Other teams can't worry about the NY rumors as most of them are spread by the New York propaganda machine that hopes if it tells the same story enough times it will become scripture.

Comment

Hey, Garnett might not have the stats, he might be injured most of the regular season. But you take Garnett away from the Celtics, and the Celtics will probably not have a chance at passing the second round in the play-offs.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                  Is Melo the best player likely to be traded in recent memory? Shaq went to Miami in 04/05, but he was already in the twilight phase of his career, KG only got one good year in Boston and that just leaves Gasol who isn't as good as Melo, but remains a much better fit in LA.
                  iverson was still averaging 30+ ppg when philly traded him... they got andre miller, joe smith and two late first rounders.

denver got a lot more for him but i don't think it counts since detroit acquired him for cap relief, which they subsequently squandered in spectacular fashion.

also not to pick nits but pretty much the whole world thought shaq was mvp over nash his first season with the heat. dunno if i'd call that 'twilight,' though he definitely got there shortly thereafter.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                    Is Melo the best player likely to be traded in recent memory?
                    Aren't you forgeting a certain Wince?!

Comment

Why does the media keep doing this to New York?

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                        iverson was still averaging 30+ ppg when philly traded him... they got andre miller, joe smith and two late first rounders.

denver got a lot more for him but i don't think it counts since detroit acquired him for cap relief, which they subsequently squandered in spectacular fashion.

also not to pick nits but pretty much the whole world thought shaq was mvp over nash his first season with the heat. dunno if i'd call that 'twilight,' though he definitely got there shortly thereafter.
                        Yea, that's all true. I also forget T-Mac got traded from Orlando in his apex as well.

Comment

Source: Bulls Discuss Carmelo Anthony

ESPNChicago.com

The Chicago Bulls are interested in trading for the Denver Nuggets' Carmelo Anthony and are discussing internally including Joakim Noah as part of the deal, according to a league source.

ESPNChicago.com Bulls blog

Bulls blog The latest news from Bulls reporter Nick Friedell. Blog

According to the source, the Nuggets are hesitant to take back Luol Deng as part of a deal with the Bulls because Denver is leery of taking on long-term contracts with the collective bargaining agreement set to expire on June 30, 2011. Deng is two years into a six-year, $71 million contract.

Noah will make $3.1 million this season in the fourth year of his rookie deal. He would become a restricted free agent next season unless the Bulls extend his contract.

Yahoo! Sports reported Wednesday that an NBA source with knowledge of Anthony's wishes told him Anthony still hopes to convince Nuggets general manager Masai Ujiri to trade him, and he prefers a move to the New York Knicks or Bulls.
                          http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nb...e=NBAHeadlines
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

It would work out for both sides. If the Nugs can get Noah for Carmelo, that would be the best deal they'd get, hands down. Ujiri has to do his due dillegence to try and convince Carmelo to re-up. For the Bulls, they'd get an undeniable talent in Anthony, but they'd be thin in the middle and a glut of guys at the swingman position - Anthony, Korver, Johnson, Deng, Brewer, Gibson.

Comment

If this actually comes to fruition and Noah is dealt, it'll be nice to see all those(especially ones on this site) that said he's "untouchable" eat their words!

If The Great One was traded, no one is untouchable...

Comment

Working...
                              X