Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors: Nuggets/Knicks Trade Done Deal (See Post #151)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heinz57 wrote: View Post
    i have a friend who doesnt like mayo... im convinced its because it reminds him of "man junk"

i do like OJ Mayo though... and was quietly hoping him and Rudy Gay would become a dynamic duo just so i could say "The Gay Mayo Connection" alot more
    yua, same with me, plus, whenever i taste mayo, i'm just convinced that if i ever did taste horse sperm(cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye, that it never does happen.) it would taste like that.

but, I do like o.j. mayo.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I wonder what the Knicks could offer besides expiring contracts? Unless that is what MEM wants. Maybe a big part of the issue with Mayo in MEM is management has decided he can't play PG so they gave a big contract to Conley, they can't keep Mayo ($5.6M next year) and re-sign Z-Bo and Gasol. The Knicks do not have a draft pick to offer up. MEM only has 13 players under contract so they could do a 3 for 1 - maybe Randolph, Douglas, Walker for Mayo?

NY then also has a great trade chip for DEN. Mayo/Gallinari/Curry for Melo? Or two separate trades: Mayo for JR Smith and then Melo for Curry/Chandler/Gallinari? The Knicks would seriously need to hit the free-agent minimum contract bin for the remainder of the season.
      Well, the Knicks have been rumored to be testing Chandler's value on the block in the past but yeah, to land Mayo and Melo would be a stretch with what they have IF they want to keep Amare and Felton. I think Felton is more valuable to a D'Antoni system then Mayo would be. Felton is a facilitator.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
        i have a friend who doesnt like mayo... im convinced its because it reminds him of "man junk"

i do like OJ Mayo though... and was quietly hoping him and Rudy Gay would become a dynamic duo just so i could say "The Gay Mayo Connection" alot more
        I also hoped those two would become a great duo.
        Secretly longed for Kevin Love to get in on it too. That would be a dream trio. The 'Gay Mayo Love' threat. Think of the combinations possible. What a shame.

Comment

Melo To NYC Guaranteed

Carmelo Anthony has told the Denver Nuggets he will not sign the nearly $65 million contract extension he has been offered unless he is traded to the New York Knicks, a source told ESPN.com on Sunday.
          Source: ESPN

Comment

I hope the gap widens between what a team can offer who has a players' Bird rights compared to that of suitor teams. I also hope they nuke this S&T practice. What James and Bosh did and what Melo is now doing looks bad on the game. It's counterproductive to the "spirit" they market to the fans.

Where quitting and insulting fans happens...
            Last edited by Apollo; Mon Dec 13, 2010, 10:23 AM.

Comment

I got into a trade machine situation with DeMar and Mayo. I wouldn't be upset if it happened. I'm not shocked if BC becomes an active participant by the deadline. Shocked if he stands pat.
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

The Grizz had

Gay, Love And M. Gasol as a front court.

They totally blew it
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Time for NJ to stop Pursuing Melo

It is quite obvious NJ is not going to land Carmelo Anthony.

NJ is in possession of their own 2011/2012 1st round draft picks plus these draft picks:
                  2011 first round draft pick from L.A. Lakers
                  2012 first round draft pick from Golden State
                  2012 first round draft pick from Houston
                  2012 second round draft pick from Miami

They have a promising rookie in Favors.
                  They have $11.9M expiring contract in Troy Murphy.

If they can't get a deal done for Melo with all these assets, Melo doesn't want to go to NJ because DEN would take these pieces in a heart beat.

Because of this, NJ should shift there focus elsewhere.

I would try to acquire AI from PHI and Wallace from CHA.

I think they have the assets to get it done by themselves or through possible three way deals. Philly is easy as Murphy would help this year. Chalotte is the harder one as they have such little depth and needs everywhere.

PHI: Troy Murphy and 2 draft picks (1 this year and 1 next)

CHA: Harris and ???? plus 2 draft picks (1 this year and 1 next)

Comment

Only problem is, from Denver's perspective NJ has the best trade assets for them in return. NYK can be where Melo wants to play, but the Knicks have a good thing going right now (outside of their blowout loss to the Heat last night) and giving up alot of key role players to acquire Melo might not help them as must as one might think.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                      Only problem is, from Denver's perspective NJ has the best trade assets for them in return. NYK can be where Melo wants to play, but the Knicks have a good thing going right now (outside of their blowout loss to the Heat last night) and giving up alot of key role players to acquire Melo might not help them as must as one might think.
                      Yes but NJ isn't doing the deal without an extension. If Melo would sign the extension, NJ would take him in a heartbeat.

The Knicks don't have what the Nuggets want but Carmelo can go there after this season and NYK will have ability to sign him outright. Melo will leave money on the table going this route though.

Bottom line: NJ should start using assets elsewhere.

As an aside: Do you think NJ are better moving forward with Melo or with AI and Wallace? I'd go the latter because they keep Favors and if a multi team trade was done, they might be able to find a way to keep Harris as well.

As another aside: Lopez is only averaging 6.5 rebounds this year. He has regressed, big time.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Yes but NJ isn't doing the deal without an extension. If Melo would sign the extension, NJ would take him in a heartbeat.

The Knicks don't have what the Nuggets want but Carmelo can go there after this season and NYK will have ability to sign him outright. Melo will leave money on the table going this route though.

Bottom line: NJ should start using assets elsewhere.

As an aside: Do you think NJ are better moving forward with Melo or with AI and Wallace? I'd go the latter because they keep Favors and if a multi team trade was done, they might be able to find a way to keep Harris as well.

As another aside: Lopez is only averaging 6.5 rebounds this year. He has regressed, big time.

no he hsnt regresed "big time", he's actually averaging more points, more free throw attempts per game in TWO LESS MINUTES per game !!

god i cant believe you think you know anything about ball.

Comment

... Are you serious? Brook Lopez is averaging another 0.5 points a game... taking 0.7 more FTA and 1.4 FGA a game.

He's also shooting a lower TS%, cut his assist rate in half, and rebounding at a career low rate. He's also last in DRR (3% behind the second last Bargnani) and second last in TRR. (link) His attempts at the rim have been cut in half (and his FG% on them has even gone down), while his attempts from everywhere else has increased, despite him being an above average shooter from... actually, nowhere.

... I could go on and on, but I won't. And trust me, I wish he was doing well; he was my second pick on one of my fantasy teams.

Comment

Looks like I was not 100% correct on the 'no way NJ lands Melo'.

One thing that does look obvious is that if he ends up in NJ it is going to be a very large trade. It would seem the hangup on getting him there is the quality of the team. I'd like to know who the rumoured trade partners are for the multi-team trade.

Comment

New Jersey should just stop, it's their fault they are in this mess, they had money in the summer instead of saving it or spending wisely they spent it all on Farmar and Outlaw. Too bad for them, Melo clearly doesn't want to go there.

p.s Brook Lopez isn't as good as most think, his stats last year were bloated, look at his stats for the last few months and this year.

Comment

Melo Deal Will Happen Next Week

Two sources said Thursday evening that the long-anticipated trade of Carmelo Anthony, barring last-minute snags, was expected to be consummated next week.

The three-team deal between Denver, the Nets and Detroit would send Anthony and Chauncey Billups, along with other players, to New Jersey, with the Nets sending first-round pick Derrick Favors and two future firsts to Denver. Pistons guard Rip Hamilton would join Anthony and Billups in New Jersey, with forward Troy Murphy going to Detroit. Additional players from New Jersey would go to Detroit and Denver to make the deal work.

It remains unknown whether Anthony will commit to signing an extension with the Nets if he is traded there. New Jersey owner Mikhail Prokhorov is confident that if he can acquire Anthony
                                Source: NBA.com

Comment

Working...
                                X