Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors: Nuggets/Knicks Trade Done Deal (See Post #151)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the build up of the superteams continues.....

What I don't get is why not wait until the offseason and sign Melo for free?! they could do that while not getting rid of their assets thus making their team stronger for next season.

With this trade they are still behind Miami, Boston and Chicago in my estimation of overall talent in the East.

What's next?! DHoward demands a trade in the offseason to the LA Lakers???????!!!

Comment

• smushmush wrote: View Post
      In the source above, ESPN mentioned the Raps as a suitor for Danillo Gallinari in return for a first round pick(really another no defense, all offense 3 as a starter, BC? I rest my case and some supporters want him to be resigned *** ).
      I would do that trade if the pick is a top 5 protected.

Comment

• This Believe it or not is actually the best case scenario for Toronto. Regardless of what went down New York was and is going to be better than Toronto for a while in the foreseeable future. Had Melo not been traded to the Knicks then he would have either Went to the Nets or Signed with NY in the summer. Had he went to the nets that would have made 3 Strong teams in the Atlantic division (Boston, NY, and Brooklyn) alone that the Raptors would have to play 12 times each season. By trading to the knicks instead of signing, NY was forced to give up much of its present and future (Chandler, Danillo, Felton, 3-4 picks) making them good now, but much weaker in the future than if they just signed him. So Toronto went from Super Celtics and Super Knicks to just Aging Celtics and Miami Heat Lite. Granted We still suck and are chasing NJ and Philly, but with a Hard cap preventing A CP3 or D-Will to just sign with NY the future of the Franchise is much better with the Melo-Drama going down this way then any other way (except him staying in Denver).

Biggest headline of the Night: Timmofey Mozgov (aka Blake griffins First NBA poster boy) was Traded to Denver for... oh wait
        What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
          new york won't have the cap space or the assetts.

it's not happening, nobody wants to go to new york.
          Why are we talking about New York here!

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Based on the Melo wedding rumor apparently both Paul and Melo want to be in NYC. Tony Parker is interested too.
            Parker signed his extenstion with the Spurs back in the fall. He isn't going anywhere unless it is via trade.

*EDIT* Or maybe he didn't. HoopsHype does not list his salary extension.

*EDIT2* yes he did: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-spurs-parker

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              Where did 'Drinking the Kool-Aid' come from anyway? Geezus.
              everytime somebody says that, i think "i will... kool-aid is delicious"

Comment

• Recap and More

In a separate deal, the Knicks will send unused center Eddy Curry's expiring contract, along with forward Anthony Randolph and another $3 million, to the Minnesota Timberwolves for small forward Corey Brewer.
                Source: NBA.com

To summarize:
                Nuggets
                Felton
                Gallinari
                Chandler
                Mozgov
                Knicks' first-round pick in 2014
                Second-round picks in 2012 and 2013

Knicks
                Anthony
                Billups
                A.Carter
                S.Williams
                Balkman
                Corey Brewer

Wolves
                Curry
                A.Randolph

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Jump on the Bandwagon NOW. It'll be full by morning.
                Ok, thought about it some more. I'm changing my view to calling the Knicks a "darkhorse" contender in the east.

Billups
                Brewer
                Anthony
                Stoudemire
                Turiaf

...The Knicks are now weak in the middle. I expect one more trade from them before Thursday.

Comment

Ok, thought about it some more. I'm changing my view to calling the Knicks a "darkhorse" contender in the east.

Billups
                  Brewer
                  Anthony
                  Stoudemire
                  Turiaf

...The Knicks are now weak in the middle. I expect one more trade from them before Thursday.
                  The fact they managed to get Corey Brewer out of all of this is pretty impressive. They will be weak in the middle, but Amar'e and Melo can play the 4-5; and in D'Antoni's system, that's almost a guarentee. Dude played Diaw at the 5. haha And with Brewer standing 6'-9" that allows even more flexibility.

Comment

• karim_nasir wrote: View Post
                    why do you need to know what was said behind closed doors if you know that you're franchise player's contract is about to end, and a almost the entire league is going to make him an offer ?
                    Right. So knowing if Bosh directly said to Colangelo "I want to re-sign with the Raptors" would have no impact on anything...

karim_nasir wrote: View Post
                    why do you need to know what was said behind closed doors if you know that bosh is media whore ?
                    why do you need to know what was said behind closed doors if you know that you're franchise player's contract is about to end, and a almost the entire league is going to make him an offer ?

why do you need to know what was said behind closed doors if you know that bosh is media whore ?

why do you need to know what was said behind closed doors if you know that bosh wanted to win and a starting line-up of bargs, bosh, hedo, DD, and jose was not going to cut it even in the east ?

why do i need to know... see where i am going with this ?
                    Yeah, I do. I see you speculating without being privy to any good information.

and your point is ? do you know how many gm's are in the league and how many blockbuster trades have been made by them ?
                    You can go research that one yourself buddy. What I know is that Colangelo has made many blockbuster trades in his career. More so than most. If you want to challenge that statement then by all means do so but I'm not going to do the work for you. The point of it is that Colangelo has a flair for making big deals. He's fearless in making big deals. The fact that he sat on the sidelines in the Bosh saga tells me that there is a lot more to the story than your speculation would suggest.

isiah thomas was in the league for a long time, and made a lot of blockbuster trades, does that mean he is a great gm
                    No it doesn't but no where in here did I say making blockbuster trades decides whether or not a GM is good or not. You're veering off the road now, both hands on the wheel...

w/e man, i know you're the biggest BC supporter out of anyone on this site, and like i ended my previous post, only time will tell...
                    If you actually cared to take the time to read what's said around here you'd have seen that I am very critical of many things he's done.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      And the build up of the superteams continues.....

What I don't get is why not wait until the offseason and sign Melo for free?! they could do that while not getting rid of their assets thus making their team stronger for next season.

With this trade they are still behind Miami, Boston and Chicago in my estimation of overall talent in the East.

What's next?! DHoward demands a trade in the offseason to the LA Lakers???????!!!
                      CP3 or D-Will in NYC ?
                      Let's go Raptors!

Comment

You're speaking as a spectator. You or I have no idea what was said behind closed doors. Colangelo isn't a dimwit, the guy has two executive of the year awards, has been a GM in the league for over a decade and has made many block buster trades. I can rhyme out reasons why Bosh should have been moved before the deadline all night long now in hindsight but it's not going to get us anywhere and on top of the we don't have a clue because we're not privy to any REAL information, just rumors, hearsay and speculation.
                        Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Right. So knowing if Bosh directly said to Colangelo "I want to re-sign with the Raptors" would have no impact on anything...

You can go research that one yourself buddy. What I know is that Colangelo has made many blockbuster trades in his career. More so than most. If you want to challenge that statement then by all means do so but I'm not going to do the work for you. The point of it is that Colangelo has a flair for making big deals. He's fearless in making big deals. The fact that he sat on the sidelines in the Bosh saga tells me that there is a lot more to the story than your speculation would suggest.

No it doesn't but no where in here did I say making blockbuster trades decides whether or not a GM is good or not. You're veering off the road now, both hands on the wheel...

If you actually cared to take the time to read what's said around here you'd have seen that I am very critical of many things he's done.
                        teoserio wrote: View Post
                        CP3 or D-Will in NYC ?
                        the only thing i remember is the multiple threads created by you in the last few days all pro-BC...

and bosh never said he will sign with the raps, he said he is keeping his options open... if you're a good gm, unless you get his signature by the trade deadline, you trade him...

there is way too much evidence suggesting he would walk...

there is way too much evidence suggesting he's not a franchise player...

but anyway, you made some comments that i am veering of the wheel with both hands, or something, so clearly to make your point you need to use insults...

we'll see who is right in 2 years... enjoy the season

Comment

• karim_nasir wrote: View Post
                          the only thing i remember is the multiple threads created by you in the last few days all pro-BC...
                          Then you're being lazy and so I don't care what you think.

Comment

what exactly are you critical of ?

can you please explain ? if you're ok with how he handled the bosh situation, that's fine, but what are you critical of then ?

Comment

Then you're being lazy and so I don't care what you think.
                              great argument, so im supposed to do a search of all of your posts, and seeing as there is over 5000 of them, im supposed to somehow find posts where you are critical of bc ?

and if you dont care what i think, then dont respond to my posts. my original post in this thread was a response to joey_hesketh... not you.

Comment

• No, but you could try not putting me in a box based on a couple posts you read out of over 5,200.

For the record. You had my attention, then you lost it. I can't go back in time and not reply.

Comment

Working...
                                X