Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors: Nuggets/Knicks Trade Done Deal (See Post #151)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Right now I'm seeing them with $36M on the books for next season. That's not bad at first sight until you look at Travis Outlaws' contact of $7M/yr.
    Don't forget they got Farmar and Petro on the long-term.

Comment

• WhatWhat wrote: View Post
      I'm calling a bluff, but if it's not, then that's epic fail for the Nuggets. They got really greedy.
      How did the Nuggets get greedy? It's basically Melo not wanting to sign long term in Jersey - that's what held it up. The Nugs were all but set to ship the guy out of town. Now they gotta save face and get something for him, which is better than working out a s & t and getting a TPE/picks. In the end, they'll wind up with Randolph, Chandler, Curry and a 1st rounder in 2014.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
        Don't forget they got Farmar and Petro on the long-term.
        Petro is like $3M/yr. That's not so bad but yeah, he's overpaid seeing how a guy like Dorsey is a far superior player.

Comment

• Carmelo Willing To Wait, Sign With Knicks As Free Agent

Several sources close to Carmelo Anthony tell Chris Broussard that he is willing to play out the season and sign in New York as a free agent next summer, feeling that he can make up lost salary through endorsements.

With the belief that Anthony will end up signing with the Knicks growing, teams may back off their pursuit of the All-Star forward.

"Sources also say sentiment around the league that Anthony will sign with New York is so strong that many teams that have been willing to trade for Anthony as a rental are now reconsidering," Broussard writes.

The Rockets are thought to be a prime candidate to rent Anthony but if the team feels its chances of convincing him to sign an extension to stay in Houston are slim, it will not make a substantial offer to Denver.

Sources tell Broussard that the Knicks' timetable for trading Anthony Randolph may be pushed back by about one week with the Nets pulling out of trade discussions to acquire Anthony.

Minnesota and Indiana are the likeliest destinations for Randolph because both teams have an available first-round pick that the Knicks can use in a trade for Anthony.

But the Nuggets may be interested in taking Randolph for themselves.

Via ESPN.com
          http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir...#ixzz1Bo684e5J

Nuggets are screwed. This is going to turn out worse for them then it did with us.

Comment

• They're not even going to get what the Raptors and Cavs got now by the sound of it. They should just say to hell with him and let him walk rather than facilitate him making a lot more money than if he just walks. It doesn't sound like they're going to get anything much now anyway. If they let him just walk he misses out on signing a big extension before the potential lockout.

Comment

• Damn. So he signs with the Knicks, and the Nuggets don't get anything. In that case they should trade him to the Knicks for whatever they can offer.

Comment

• Why would the Knicks offer anything when they know he'll sign with them as a free agent?

Comment

• This is also a good point. Maybe just to secure his rights just in case he starts changing his mind? I mean what if Riley went to the Nuggets and said "we'll trade you Bosh for him and that's a lot better than nothing". Would the Nuggets turn that down and would Melo turn down the chance to play with Wade and James? Melo can probably play PF better than Bosh can. Dude's got a great post up game and is big.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                    Why would the Knicks offer anything when they know he'll sign with them as a free agent?
                    Take nothing for granted. You just never know. It would be best that they (the Knicks) secure his services now. If so, they might be able to make a long playoff run in the spring. Chances are, they can severely lowball the Nuggets and the Nuggets will still take the deal. If I'm the Knicks, I'd offer just Randolph and Curry.

Comment

This is also a good point. Maybe just to secure his rights just in case he starts changing his mind? I mean what if Riley went to the Nuggets and said "we'll trade you Bosh for him and that's a lot better than nothing". Would the Nuggets turn that down and would Melo turn down the chance to play with Wade and James? Melo can probably play PF better than Bosh can. Dude's got a great post up game and is big.
                      Bosh has been beasting as of late so I doubt that. Melo is good but he's not a better PF then Bosh.

Chris Bosh 20.1 PT .507 of 14.7 FG .824 of 6.1 FT .333 of 0.6 3P 8.9/2.1 RB 1.8 AS 0.7 BL 0.7 ST 2.3 TO 1.8 PF 36.9 MN 15/15 GS (last 15 games)

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                        Bosh has been beasting as of late so I doubt that. Melo is good but he's not a better PF then Bosh.
                        Bosh is on his usual annual leave though. The guy is either a) a pussy or b) a sack of brittle bones and slack ligaments. He cannot hold up to the rigors of the league - and he is only getting older. There is no doubt he is a talented PF - I am not questioning that.

Personally I think it is a little of a) and a little of b).

Comment

• Melo can play any position on the floor better than Chris Bosh. He's stronger, bigger(not taller), more skilled, has a better post up game and plays better defense.

Comment

This is also a good point. Maybe just to secure his rights just in case he starts changing his mind? I mean what if Riley went to the Nuggets and said "we'll trade you Bosh for him and that's a lot better than nothing". Would the Nuggets turn that down and would Melo turn down the chance to play with Wade and James? Melo can probably play PF better than Bosh can. Dude's got a great post up game and is big.
                            Also Mellow's camp has some leverage and will be pushing for the trade so he can get the extension/extra cash.
                            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Melo Trade Rumor: Nuggets/Knicks/Wolves

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=45egkdw

NYK: Melo
                              DEN: Chandler, Brewer and one of MIN 1st round pick (MEM or UTA)
                              MIN: Curry and Randolph

Den is still a little under $2M over the luxury tax so another deal(s) would surely follow to get under.

Comment

• Is this whats floating around now?
                                Or is this just your suggestion for a deal?

Comment

Working...
                                X