Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors: Nuggets/Knicks Trade Done Deal (See Post #151)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=45egkdw

NYK: Melo and one of MIN 1st round pick (MEM or UTA)
    DEN: Chandler and Brewer
    MIN: Curry and Randolph

Den is still a little under $2M over the luxury tax so another deal(s) would surely follow to get under.
    From minnesota's side:WHY????Giving up Brewer and a 1st round pick for Randolph doesnt make sense.
    From New York's side:GREAT trade for them.
    From Denver's side:not so good,(the new jersey trade what was around was a much much better trade for them).

overall-I dont see this happening.

Comment

• This is not my trade, see link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6094827

Comment

• Dig it. Interesting deal. Suppose between Brewer and Chandler they sort of fill in for Melo at the SF and they get a high Draft pick. Actually above you've got the pick going to New York. Should be going to Denver.

Though to be honest I don't really understand this deal from Minni's perspective. Anthony Randolph is a fine player, and I suppose Brewer is expendable with Wes Johnson, but still... well and with the Curry money they'd save... maybe not all bad.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Dig it. Interesting deal. Suppose between Brewer and Chandler they sort of fill in for Melo at the SF and they get a high Draft pick. Actually above you've got the pick going to New York. Should be going to Denver.

Though to be honest I don't really understand this deal from Minni's perspective. Anthony Randolph is a fine player, and I suppose Brewer is expendable with Wes Johnson, but still... well and with the Curry money they'd save... maybe not all bad.
          I agree 100% on not understanding MIN's role. Giving up a lot for very little.

Fixed the trade - thanks.

Comment

• Melo Trade Rumor: Lakers Offering Bynum

The Los Angeles Lakers and the Denver Nuggets have had preliminary discussions about a blockbuster trade that would send Carmelo Anthony to the Lakers, according to league sources. The Lakers' package would be built around Andrew Bynum.

Talks are in the preliminary stages, but it appears that another option besides the New York Knicks has materialized for the Nuggets.

"There have been discussions between the two teams," one of the sources said. "The Lakers are definitely an option."
            The Nuggets have no interest in Lakers forward Ron Artest and sources said they may not insist on getting Lamar Odom either. A straight-up trade of Anthony for Bynum meets the financial requirements of the collective bargaining agreement, but more players could be involved since Denver would look to shed as much salary as possible.
            Source: ESPN.com

Comment

• Interesting.. this will definitely tempt Carmelo's mindframe to see if he just has eyes for New York only. I'm sure they'd have to get him to sign an extension before anything happening. Bynum is a personal favourite of Jerry Buss'.

Comment

• Melo would be the heir apparent to Kobe in Lakerland. It should be tempting seeing how the only team with a comparable track record for the past decade is San Antonio.

Comment

• It is incredible how such news (if true) can get out. The NBA is a one large sieve compared to other leagues as if the agents work for espn.

Comment

• i could see them getting melo and then trading for camby to fill their centre spot.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Rejected

"What's out there is inaccurate," said a Lakers representative familiar with the negotiations.
                      a team source told The Times on Tuesday that the Lakers were unwilling to deal Bynum
                      Bynum is considered the personal project of Lakers executive Jim Buss, the son of team owner Jerry Buss.
                      Source: LAtimes.com

Comment

• Re-Signing With Nuggets Still A Good Possibility For Melo

The popular opinion is that Anthony will simply opt-out of his final contract year this summer and walk to the New York Knicks, however as easy as that sounds to Knicks fans to justify, the hard realities that he'd have to give up a lot of money are setting in and for the first time and in the clearest of terms Anthony has said to reporters, what he's been saying to the Nuggets privately.

Carmelo has not ruled out extending with the Nuggets.

"I was thinking it was something that I would take a real hard look at ... and make my decision."

"As the days go on, that's something that I think about, that nothing might happen, that I'll be here, whether I have to deal with the free-agency market or re-sign the extension here with the Nuggets," Anthony said to Chris Dempsey of the Denver Post.

"I'd have to really know and understand what the future holds," Anthony said of the Nuggets. "I'm hearing things about what direction they want to go in; they want to get younger and things like that. Though I'm 26, this is my eighth season. I'm not getting younger as far as the years go. Before you know it, I'll be in my 10th, 11th season already. That's something that I really got to take a look at."

What Carmelo means to say is he sees a Nuggets' roster with a lot of older players on ending contracts and there is no clearly defined succession plan in place. There is no clearly defined future in Denver and that's what has started all of this.

Despite all of the chaos outside the team, the Nuggets are handling all of the uncertainty pretty well and Carmelo said he understands that the Nuggets go as he goes and he is trying to keep the distractions of trades out of the locker room as much as he can.

"I think they feed off of me, and my energy," said Anthony. "If I come in here and my head is down and moping around and not practicing and not playing hard in games, then they are going to do the same thing. As long as I keep coming in and do what I gotta do and being the guy that I am and the person I am, then they have no worries about it."

The Nuggets' first option has always been to extend Carmelo Anthony. They have made that clear from the beginning of this. The trade talks and the rumors end today if Carmelo says he'll extend.

It seems more and more likely that a trade at the deadline involving Carmelo may not happen, and it seems Carmelo is being honest in saying he'd look long and hard at the Nuggets extension offer, because there is no scenario in which Carmelo Anthony is going to leave $81.5 million on the table without knowing clearly what's lies ahead in free agency.
                        Source: Hoops World

Comment

• I don't know what to prefer - Bosh pulling lame (after the all star break) prior to free agency or Melo putting his team through this drama? Melo declaring Denver a possibility is yet another one of his pathetic ploys to up the ante on the discussions and to expedite the negotiations. He has no intentions of resigning with Denver and is merely putting fire under the belly of his would be suitors. He will play in the all-star game as a Nugget, then be somewhere else afterwards. I would argue that this is worse because he wants out, his team mates know it, yet they still play together...
                          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Nuggets Playing Hard Ball And Losing. Word Is Out On Melo.

“With the way he’s distanced himself from the team, the organization, they’re kidding themselves if they think he’s signing a new deal,” one league official told Yahoo! Sports. “He hasn’t checked out on the season because he never checked in.”
                            The Nuggets are selling the idea they’ll be content to keep Anthony through the Feb. 24 trade deadline if no one meets their demands. The Nuggets want to package Anthony and Chauncey Billups(notes) for a deal that includes Danilo Gallinari(notes), Raymond Felton(notes), the expiring contract of Eddy Curry(notes) and a draft pick, the New York Daily News reported. Another source said Denver is still pushing for more Knicks players, including rookies Landry Fields(notes) and Timofey Mozgov(notes), in the package.

“This is like the Nets talks all over again: Denver keeps moving the goal posts,” one league source said. “They don’t know what they want there.”

As the Daily News reported, the wild card is Knicks owner James Dolan and the looming possibility he could overrule his president and cut a deal with Denver himself. There are fears that Dolan is listening too much to former president and coach Isiah Thomas and possibly agents and representatives for Anthony who have agendas to undermine Walsh.

“Donnie isn’t going to make a one-sided deal and gut his team to get this done now,” said one league source who regularly speaks to Walsh. “He’ll end up with two unhappy stars because they have no supporting cast. But if Dolan gets more involved in this, he could really makes a mess of this.”
                            Source: Yahoo Sports

Comment

• Man, that situation sucks, for everyone. The rumors are annoying, it really sucks for Denver, it sucks for New York and New Jersey, sucks for Melo. He thought he was doing an 'honorable' thing by asking for a trade and all, but it turned out to be a mess....

Comment

• Melo brought this on himself. I have zero sympathy for anything Melo is going through with all this. He's not doing this out of the goodness of his heart. He wants the extension before the current CBA runs out. He'll lose a lot of money otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X