Toronto Sports Scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto Sports Scene

I have been thinking about this a lot lately and I gotta say I couldn't be happier to be a Toronto sports fan. The Blue Jays are the most exciting team in all of major league, the Leafs are now the youngest team in the NHL and should be pretty exciting this season. The Argos(even though I hate them) are tied for first in the East and by god no one would have thought that 7 games in. The Raptors should be an exciting team this season and watching the growth of Demar and Sonny, I just can't wait. This is the most exciting time for Toronto sports fans since the early 90's and I think it's about damn time. What do you guys think?

wow u r a cheery fellow

Comment

Man there is a lot to be happy about right now... 8 no no's into the 6th inning this year for the very young Blue Jays pitching staff. Its getting me jacked for the future man.

Comment

Selects87 wrote: View Post
        Man there is a lot to be happy about right now... 8 no no's into the 6th inning this year for the very young Blue Jays pitching staff. Its getting me jacked for the future man.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

It's not just Toronto fans that should be proud.

The Blue Jays and Raptors (not sure if you Torontonions(sp?) know this) represent Canada for alot of fans (myself included).

Add that onto the fact we don't have to cheer for the Argos and Leafs!!

Comment

I appreciate your optimism but I would disagree.

Comment

Doesn't it stink that the Jays are in the AL east??

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
                Its better than being in the International League

I am sure you know this but others might not

The Toronto Maple Leafs were a high-level minor league baseball club located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, that played from 1896 to 1967. While the Maple Leafs had working agreements with numerous Major League Baseball clubs after the introduction of farm systems in the 1930s, they achieved great success as an unaffiliated club during the 1950s, when they were the strongest team on the field and in attendance in the AAA International League.
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto...onal_League%29
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

It is different to hear such positive things being said about the Jays and Argos, two teams really going in the right direction but I'm not hearing the same positive comments about the Leafs or Raptors. It's going to take a winning record or at least playing better than expected to drum up the enthusiasm from the casual fans.

Comment

I actually dont think it sucks they are in the AL east at all.... as much
                    as it would be nice to have an easier way into the playoffs but it will
                    be that much sweeter when the Jays and Rays are in the playoffs and
                    A-Rod is at home sucking on Jeters cock.
                    Last edited by Selects87; Tue Aug 17, 2010, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
                      That was what I was thinking too. How much does the Jays have to pay to get to get out of the AL East division? . We are always behind the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees who spend money on superstar baseball players like there is no tommorrow and hoping the Tampa Bay Rays will not be in the playoff is dream impossible because those guys are offensively talented with those crazy pitchers, hitters and a superstar in BJ Upton.. This thread is actually too optimistic, the Toronto sports scene still sucks(pass me what you are smoking buddie that published this thread.lol..) and MLSE still owns the sport teams(they don't care about winning, they only care about profits) which is sad. .

Solutions for Toronto sport teams

Blue Jays - Get of AL East to get to the playoffs again. MLSE should think of paying money to the MLB to get out of the division and other consequences for taking such action to move out.

Raptors - Get an assistant manager of winning small market teams in the NBA such as Portland Trailblazers, Oklahoma City Thunder and San Antonio Spurs to be the GM of the team or go the expensive way and get Jerry West out of retirement. Get scouts especially from the Spurs especially if we are going the Euro way and other scouts from the teams I mentinoned earlier. Fill out the front office with advanced statistics guys that use that to offer contracts to players and to decide what players to bring to the team(with the "Toronto Premium" of course - I know it is overpaying but that is what we have to since we are basketball Siberia(Toronto Premium = 0.25 * Actual worth(full contract = 1.25 * Actual worth)). Last, draft well - don't draft a big man in the Top 7(they are most likely to be busts except if you have a big man franchise players you can build around a la Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Hakeem Olajuwon, Andrew Bogut and Dwight Howard). Drafting well should come to us once we get a capable and winning GM, experienced scouts.

Maple Leafs - Don't lose your first round picks. Get some defencemen and forwards - problem solved.

Argonauts - Try to acquire a good and running quarterback, defensive tackles and wide receivers in the NFL who might have some character issues(I don't care as long as they know how to win) and underpaid and overpay to bring them here. Case solved.
                      Toronto Football Club(TFC) - Get some defenders and wingers to pair with Dwayne De Rosario at the front and lighten the load on Rosario at the front. Case solved.

And for all Toronto teams, it will really be helpful if MLSE sell all their teams to owners that spend money to win not to make preofits. .

Comment

And congratulations to the Argonauts on contending - they and the Jays are a breath of fresh air in a putrid sports scene in Toronto. .

Comment

argos and leafs suck. the argos are about to get crushed by the ti-cats.

and seriously.... the leafs? no
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                            argos and leafs suck. the argos are about to get crushed by the ti-cats.

and seriously.... the leafs? no
                            At least, the Argos are better than your Leafs that have not won a Stanley Cup since 1967, are in the Top 7 every year since

the last playoffs in 2002 and lose those Top 7 picks to get "star"(note the emphasis and sarcastic intonation) who

underperforms. . Consequently, if you think the ti-cats are better than the argos, can you pass me what you are smoking? Lol.

. Some fans can be really delusional.lol. .

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
                              At least, the Argos are better than your Leafs that have not won a Stanley Cup since 1967, are in the Top 7 every year since

the last playoffs in 2002 and lose those Top 7 picks to get "star"(note the emphasis and sarcastic intonation) who

underperforms. . Consequently, if you think the ti-cats are better than the argos, can you pass me what you are smoking? Lol.

. Some fans can be really delusional.lol. .
                              I haven't watched the Argos play his season but I have seen the Ti-Cats and at least when i saw them they were not very good and that is being nice about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X