Ed Davis & Al Horford Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mo-sales wrote: View Post
    I agree his leadership and steady hand helped them down the stretch even though he shot 30% in February, but how much ROY consideration should a guy get who goes 15-5 with bad shooting percentages from the field. If anything the 55 point game put him on the map when his play didn't and the fact that the Bucks went on a magical run that more a result of Salmons that anything thrust his name into the ROY conversation.

Going forward would you take him over Curry and Evans and what do you project for him this season?

The two things he has going for him are his defense, which for a rookie was outstanding and the fact that that he upped his game in the playoffs when it mattered. It also shouldn't be underrated how much more of a transition he had to make from a regular rotation player in Europe to a star in the pro's whereas most rookies get the more traditional college year as a stepping stone.
    Take him over Curry or Evans?

I really don't know.

I am a little partial toward Jennings because he hangs with DeMar and Amir to a lesser extent in Los Angeles during the off season.

Thankfully I will never be put in a decision to have to make that choice since I don't play fantasy basketball

One thing I can say is that I would love to see him at PG for the Raptors rather than Jack or Calderon.

The three Amigos from Compton, DeMar, Brandon and Amir, though Amir is really not from Compton but close enough for audit work

P.S. Jennings was not a regular rotation player his one year in Europe. In fact he frequently never got off the bench and into games and when he did play his minutes were not very many.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
      Ed Davis was part of a national championship his first year, and we'll give him a pass on his second year - since he missed the latter part of it with a wrist injury.
      Thanks for reminding us. What you say is true but it sure seems like everyone who plays for North Carolina is part of a NCAA championship at one time or another during their time there, or at least a Final Four team. Not so with Florida.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        Thanks for reminding us. What you say is true but it sure seems like everyone who plays for North Carolina is part of a NCAA championship at one time or another during their time there, or at least a Final Four team. Not so with Florida.
        ahem Florida wins back-to-back
        "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Bulking up in the off season

Davis definitely needs to bulk up...I'd say he's a more legit 225lb'er and the 20lb difference between him and Horford is signifigant. Horford is a beast and Davis will get knocked around at his current frame. That said, if he trains hard and bulks up in the offseason, there's no reason he can't put on 10lbs of muscle and be NBA ready at T camp.

The question is whether the extra weight will affect his leaping ability and shot blocking capability...

Comment

That is what I posted earlier on this thread.

The point of this post was to point out that Davis winning the NCAA Finals with N. Carolina was not near the accomplishment of Horford leading Florida to two back to back titles.

Comment

ShinobiOne wrote: View Post
              Davis definitely needs to bulk up...I'd say he's a more legit 225lb'er and the 20lb difference between him and Horford is signifigant. Horford is a beast and Davis will get knocked around at his current frame. That said, if he trains hard and bulks up in the offseason, there's no reason he can't put on 10lbs of muscle and be NBA ready at T camp.

The question is whether the extra weight will affect his leaping ability and shot blocking capability...
              +1

However, I am optimistic since he appears to have a nose for the ball and a very soft shooting touch in addition to being quick and athletic.

Comment

Working...
              X