Should The Raptors Retire #4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should The Raptors Retire #4?

Do you guys/gals think that the Raptors should retire #4?
    Yes - It is a great idea
    2.70%
    Yes - However, it would be a stupid thing to do
    0.00%
    No - However, They will retire #4 anyway
    0.00%
    No - No way that the Raptors will retire #4
    78.38%
    Haven't thought about it, will decide later
    2.70%
    Haven't thought about it and don't plan to in the future
    13.51%
    Who gives a sheet?
    2.70%
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Not at the moment. Ask me again in 8-10 years

Comment

RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
      Not at the moment. Ask me again in 8-10 years
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

In fact (and I know I will get alot of hate for this) I believe Vince's number should be retired if we had to retire one.

The exposure and excitement he drilled into this team is unbelievable. The 'almost' conference finals. Games on prime time TV.

Comment

In fact (and I know I will get alot of hate for this) I believe Vince's number should be retired if we had to retire one.

The exposure and excitement he drilled into this team is unbelievable. The 'almost' conference finals. Games on prime time TV.
          So does that mean that you have no opinion on #4 or did you vote but just not comment on it?

Comment

Here's a question. If Bosh had played seven years in L.A. or Boston, posted the same numbers as here, had the same accomplishments as here and had the same playoff failures as here would they retire his number? I would say absolutely not. They have establish standards. You need to be great to have your jersey retired there. Why should the Raptors not carry the same standard? Just because the franchise has not been successful does not mean the standards of who should be enshrined should be different. If the Raptors do have success and do develope great players who stay here for their entire career or most of their career, their numbers being retired and honored will mean less if guys like Carter and Bosh are already up there in the rafters.

If you want to see Bosh honored then maybe they should invite him back in four years for the 20th anniversary if he can be bothered to fit it into his thick schedule of tweeting and stroking his inflated needy ego.
            Last edited by Apollo; Tue Aug 17, 2010, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
              So does that mean that you have no opinion on #4 or did you vote but just not comment on it?
              I voted. I believe I'm currently the only vote on there

Comment

Why would they retire it? Because he was an all-star? You retire a number of a player if they took your franchise to or at least close to championship heights. Usually several times. Bosh never got out of the first round. Is Minnesota going to retire Kevin Garnett's jersey?

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                  Is Minnesota going to retire Kevin Garnett's jersey?
                  They damn well should

Comment

Let's just retire everyone's jersey number and add a third digit to the game!

[Warning: Message contains dangerous levels of sarcasm. If you are allergic to sarcasm please consult a physician.]
                    Last edited by Apollo; Tue Aug 17, 2010, 01:34 PM.

Comment

i voted why and what for?
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

They damn well should
                        +10

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Let's just retire everyone's jersey number and add a third digit to the game!

[Warning: Message contains dangerous levels of sarcasm. If you are allergic to sarcasm please consult a physician.]
                          I see that you feel quite strongly about this issue.

I think that is very good.

He played for the Raptors for seven seasons and was "The Man" for part of that time. So a lot of fan energy went into supporting him and rooting for him.

Comment

Lets say that Bosh wins a ring or two or even more in Miami.

Will MLSE then retire his #4 to try and get some of the glow off of Bosh's success with the Heat?

Could be. We will have to wait and see.

What if Bosh eventually goes into the Naismith HOF?

Will he go in as a Raptors player, Heat player or some other team?

I think he has a shot at the Naismith eventually.

If he did eventually go into the Naismith and he was shown wearing a Raptors uniform, should MLSE retire his #4 at that time? I think that there is good chance that they would.
                            Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Aug 17, 2010, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Fawk..no!! not even a consideration.

As for the Hall of Fame, no chance of a Rapts jersey, he's gonna wait to see what LBJ and DWade do and follow suit again. A Raptor HOF Bust wont get no attention and wont sell his brand....: )
                              Last edited by RikkJames; Tue Aug 17, 2010, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X