Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does This Make It Harder To Trade Calderon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does This Make It Harder To Trade Calderon?

Calderon also ranks last among 65 players who defended the ballhandler on at least 150 possessions.
    about 15 hours ago via web
    JCalderon's D is indeed as bad as advertised. In 9th %ile of NBA players in overall D, ranks last among 166 players w/ min 600 D possessions

http://twitter.com/bqrmagic

the word has spread that Calderon is an awful defender, anyone who didn't believe it before is going to have a hard time arguing with these stats.

so, does this make it harder to sell calderon to other teams?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Where did these stats come from? It would be nice to see where Jack ranked, because I don't believe he was too far ahead of Calderon. People have to remember that the Raptors AS A TEAM were the worst in the NBA at defense. Is that all Calderon's fault? Hardly.

Comment

argue all you want, but, no one is worse than Calderon. so, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

you cannot argue calderon is the WORST defender. so stop.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

the word has spread that Calderon is an awful defender, anyone who didn't believe it before is going to have a hard time arguing with these stats.

so, does this make it harder to sell calderon to other teams?
        can u give a real link to the article?

Comment

Care to read my post again? I simple asked where the stats came from so that I could also see where Jack ranks, since he was playing with the same players as Jose. No where did I argue that Calderon was or was not the worst defender at the PG position. I'd appreciate it if you read my posts before you reply to me. Kthxbai.

Comment

it doesn't matter where jack ranked. cause the question was does this hurt our chances of trading calderon.

adn i don't know if there is an article on it, all i found was this.

google it if you want.

Comment

It absolutely matters where Jack and other PGs ranked so that we can see where Jose was relative to his peers. If Jose was worse than Player X by 0.1% instead of 10%, it makes quite the difference. Knowing where PGs ranked on this "defending the ballhandler" stat will allow us to make a decision on whether or not this makes Calderon harder to trade.

Comment

Last 2 tweets contain data from Synergy Sports Technology. Stats ranked by Points Per Possession.

Comment

http://www.synergysportstech.com/

figure it out yourself. is what ypu are going to have to do to know that.

Comment

According to BasketballReference.com rating system

Jack had a defensive rating of 115
                    Calderon's was 116

Not much of a difference

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../jackja01.html

According to BasketballReference.com's rating system

Here are the defensive ratings for all of the Raptors players who had a negative rating on defense

Jack--------1.28
                    Calderon----2.83
                    DeRozan----3.62
                    Turk--------4.56
                    Bargnani----9.10

http://basketballvalue.com/teamplaye...=DESC&team=TOR
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                      it doesn't matter where jack ranked. cause the question was does this hurt our chances of trading calderon.

adn i don't know if there is an article on it, all i found was this.

google it if you want.
                      I googled it and found this discussion.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...=32&p=24743176

which is interesting b/c it basically points out that Calderon's impact on defense isn't that bad. Which tells me Jack's defense isn't much better when he is on the court. It also states Amir's impact is huge.

So either our defensive system is really bad.... or Jack and Calderon are both bad defeneders.

Comment

RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
                        I googled it and found this discussion.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...=32&p=24743176

which is interesting b/c it basically points out that Calderon's impact on defense isn't that bad. Which tells me Jack's defense isn't much better when he is on the court. It also states Amir's impact is huge.

So either our defensive system is really bad.... or Jack and Calderon are both bad defeneders.
                        Amir's numbers on defense have been pretty consistent over the last three seasons or since he started to play in the NBA. I am not counting the 11 games total that he played in his first two years under contract to the Pistons.

Like I have posted elsewhere.

Amir eats advanced metrics both on the offense and on the defense.

Of course some of us believes that those advanced metrics more accurately represent what a player contributes to a team's success or failure than do the simple box score numbers. On the other hand there is a very large group of NBA fans who believe that advanced metrics are all gibberish and nothing more than bean counters wet dream.

The truth like with all all extreme position arguments probably lies somewhere between the two opposing points of view.
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

i don't think those two statements make it harder to trade calderon. without knowledge of their method their conclusions cannot be verified and therefore are not legitimate. However, in general calderon is see as being a poor to terrible defender on the worst defensive team in the league. i don't think this is a secret to anyone. if there are interested parties in calderon, they know what they are getting.
                          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                            Amir's numbers on defense have been pretty consistent over the last three seasons or since he started to play in the NBA. I am not counting the 11 games total that he played in his first two years under contract to the Pistons.

Like I have posted elsewhere.

Amir eats advanced metrics both on the offense and on the defense.

Of course some of us believes that those advanced metrics more accurately represent what a player contributes to a team's success or failure than do the simple box score numbers. On the other hand there is a very large group of NBA fans who believe that advanced metrics are all gibberish and nothing more than bean counters wet dream.

The truth like with all all extreme position arguments probably lies somewhere between the two opposing points of view.
                            That sounds about right. I don't think there is any way you could completely discard these stats and numbers. Is Amir the most efficient player in the NBA? Probably not, but I think this really points out the fact that his career 'box score' numbers aren't telling the whole story either.

Comment

RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
                              That sounds about right. I don't think there is any way you could completely discard these stats and numbers. Is Amir the most efficient player in the NBA? Probably not, but I think this really points out the fact that his career 'box score' numbers aren't telling the whole story either.
                              +10

Comment

Working...
                              X