Melo Trade Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melo Trade Rumors

According to TSN, the nuggets might consider in trading MELO if the price is right. Do you guys think that BC could try and get him? Its been said that denver is really in need of a 5, so my question is, if BC offers Bargs and whatever assets that we have ( TPE, another player or players), is it worth it? Personally, i would love to see it happen although its a long shot because i dont think MELO would like to play here but then again, who knows.

that's craziness.

i like it.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Would this really be in 'Everything Raptors'? Try the trade proposal thread. I highly doubt there's anything Denver wants on the Raptors that would justify a trade.

Comment

Denver has Nene who played at an all star level last year. I don't see Denver letting go of Melo without getting a major prospect back so the raps would have to include Derozan. I think a package of Derozan, the TPE and two 1sts might get it done for Melo and Affalo.

I would like too see the raps offer Bargs, Derozan and Jack for Melo and Lawson. Throw out Lawson, Weems, Melo, Amir and Bargs lineup next year probably wins the Atlantic and can beat any team in the East not named the Heat.

Comment

So we give away everything to get Melo. We have nothing left. He bolts after next season.

He wants to win which is why he wants to leave.

If the Raps give away everything, do you really think he'd have more chances to win than he would with Billups, J.R. Smith, Harrington, Nene, Lawson?

Unless the Raps draft a Kobe-Wade-LeBron-Duncan-Paul-D.Williams then they will not be able to get one of these calibre of players i.e. a franchise player.

Their best bet would be to try to build a team like Detroit did in 2003.

Just imagine they passed on Darko and took Melo/Bosh/Wade? Nuts.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
            Denver has Nene who played at an all star level last year. I don't see Denver letting go of Melo without getting a major prospect back so the raps would have to include Derozan. I think a package of Derozan, the TPE and two 1sts might get it done for Melo and Affalo.

I would like too see the raps offer Bargs, Derozan and Jack for Melo and Lawson. Throw out Lawson, Weems, Melo, Amir and Bargs lineup next year probably wins the Atlantic and can beat any team in the East not named the Heat.
            . Both Martin and The Birdman had off season knee surgeries thats why denver is looking for a big but i do agree that it is a very high risk that even if this deal happens that Melo could walk out of here after next season and we wind up with practically nobody to build around to.

Comment

Having lots of fun with the trade machine coming up with trades for Melo, can't get anything from NY without Gallinari I imagine.. but I chose to try a few other teams

Denver/Chicago Trade

Chicago gets: Melo
              Denver gets: Luol Deng, Taj Gibson, James Johnson

Denver/Orlando Trade

Orlando gets: Melo, K.Mart
              Denver gets: Vince Carter, Brandon Bass, Mickael Pietrus, Daniel Orton

Denver/Philadelphia Trade

Denver gets: Andre Iguodala, Elton Brand, Jason Kapono
              Phili gets: Melo, K-Mart

If Denver wanted a player for the future and just cap space for next year

Indiana gets: Melo, K-Mart
              Denver gets: Paul George, Jeff Foster, TJ Ford, Mike Dunleavy

Denver/Milwaukee

Milwaukee gets: Melo, K-Mart
              Denver gets: Michael Redd, Corey Maggette, L.R. Mbah a Moute

I really need to be more productive with my time

Oh and fyi, those were jus proposed things I made on the trade machine, dont hound me for how farfetch'd it is.. but do comment on them

Comment

Akinyele wrote: View Post
                Having lots of fun with the trade machine coming up with trades for Melo, can't get anything from NY without Gallinari I imagine.. but I chose to try a few other teams

Denver/Chicago Trade

Chicago gets: Melo
                Denver gets: Luol Deng, Taj Gibson, James Johnson

Denver/Orlando Trade

Orlando gets: Melo, K.Mart
                Denver gets: Vince Carter, Brandon Bass, Mickael Pietrus, Daniel Orton

Denver/Philadelphia Trade

Denver gets: Andre Iguodala, Elton Brand, Jason Kapono
                Phili gets: Melo, K-Mart

If Denver wanted a player for the future and just cap space for next year

Indiana gets: Melo, K-Mart
                Denver gets: Paul George, Jeff Foster, TJ Ford, Mike Dunleavy

Denver/Milwaukee

Milwaukee gets: Melo, K-Mart
                Denver gets: Michael Redd, Corey Maggette, L.R. Mbah a Moute

I really need to be more productive with my time

Oh and fyi, those were jus proposed things I made on the trade machine, dont hound me for how farfetch'd it is.. but do comment on them
                Whatever Denver trades Melo for will have to return the following at minimum:

All-star calibre player
                decent rotational player
                prospect
                players to balance salary cap (if needed)
                financial relief as Denver are a luxury tax team
                multiple draft picks

Comment

I wouldn't go that far, they're trying to make sure they get something for him, not demand huge amounts. A few factors I looked into with the trade would be: financial relief, a talented player to replace him for the time being, and a few solid rotational players. Since draft picks arent valued on the machine, i did what i can.

Chicago trade: they get a all-star calibre player(luol deng), a rotational player(Gibson), and prospect(james johnson)

Orlando trade: They get vince carter for as long as melo was to be there for at the same price, but they pick up quality players pietrus and bass along with prospect orton

Philadelphia trade: All-Star Calibre(Iggy), Old all-star/decent player in Elton Brand to take over the PF spot, and another shooter with an expiring contract

Indiana trade: Get a shitload of cap space for next year, and get a first round pick from this year with high potential

Milwaukee trade: Get All-Star Calibre(Michael Redd) and his 18 MILL$ expiring contract, and get two quality rotational players

Not every trade needs exactly what you put

Comment

Seeings how this is a Raptors site and there are Melo trade rumours, this is how I see Toronto getting in on this action:

First off - rumours are Melo wants to go to Orlando or New York..... tough titty Melo. Denver does what is in their best interests and you go where they send you.

This is what I would see Denver wanting:

All-star quality player with name recognition to keep the fans/sponsors
                    Prospects
                    Rotational players
                    Salary cap relief
                    Draft picks

First off, to get Raptors involved we need to do this trade first:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=27gaxym

CHA: gets under cap, gets PG
                    IND: rids Ford, adds a couple of bigs
                    TOR: drops Dampier, team payroll of only $38.5M ($20.2M below salary cap!), Ford is the price to pay (positive: $8.5M expiring contract)

Next, Melo time. While Orlando and New York are the teams mentioned thus far, Anthony surely wouldn't mind teaming up with Chris Paul. Where does TOR fit in? They are a facilitator with only $37.8 in payroll:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2fm8pjv
                    (The option on Dorsey's contract would need to be picked up)

DEN: gets expiring contract in Carter and a (decling) star, a younger and cheaper point guard (Billups is 34 to start season), Bass who wants out of Orlando, Thorton who had a great year last year with more potential, and Pondexter who is a prospect. Probably throw a draft pick their way too. Denver also sheds $15.5M and is now under the luxury tax. This actually saves them around $28.5M next year. They still have a good team - but much younger with more flexibility going forward.

NOH: gets another superstar to team with Paul. Paul/Ariza/Melo/Martin/Okafor with Brackins, Gray, Belli, R. Anderson, Afflalo off the bench. NOH still needs another PG (pssst! GSW are holding off offering Panergo a minimum contract, I think he fit in well there before!). Next year they have around $20M coming off the books (re-sign Chandler, good friends with Paul, Okafor at 4 and Chandler at 5????) and if Melo really wanted to compete with BOS, MIA and LAL, he'd take a paycut like Pierce, LeBron, Bosh, Wade, and Allen all did (Paul would do the same in 2 years).

ORL: get a proven winner at point, a mid-range scoring all-star at the 4, rid of 2 two guys bitching about playing time (Anderson and Bass), depth with Songalia, and $10.7M in cap savings (which is actually $21.4M). Wait! Wait! Wait! They have no one to back up Howard! True. And the Raps dropped Dampier - vets minimum for the chance to win?

TOR gets a C, a rental SF with a $14.3M expiring contract, the TPE is still not touched, next year's salary commitment is only $44.3 ($36.7M if Barbosa opts out) with a core of Jack, DD, Kleiza, Bargs, Gortat, Davis, Johnson, Alabi, and Barbosa*.

PG: Jack/Ford/(Bobby Brown?)
                    SG: DD/Barbosa/Weems
                    SF: Kleiza/Peja/Wright
                    PF: Bargs/Davis
                    C: Gortat/Johnson/Anderson/Alabi

What do you think? Probably not possible but I think it works.
                    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed Aug 18, 2010, 01:10 AM. Reason: forgot Anderson!

Comment

Another crazy one
                      Denver gets: Jeff Green, James Harden, Nick Collison & draft pick
                      OKC gets : Melo

or Denver gets: Jeff Green, James Harden, Nick Collison, Nenad Kristic and Morris Peterson & draft pick
                      OKC gets: Melo, K-Mart

Comment

That's a huge trade with ALOT of big names.. so I'm just going to give my opinion on each team.
                        For Orlando I think:

Howard/Gortat
                        Lewis/Bass/Andersen/Orton
                        Pietrus/Q.Rich
                        Carter/Redick/
                        Nelson/Duhon/Williams

is a better lineup than

Howard/Dampier
                        West/Lewis/Songaila/Orton
                        Lewis/Pietrus/Q.Rich
                        Carter/Redick
                        Billups/Duhon/Williams

I mean losing 5 players is alot to damage a core of a team, and could damage Orlando's future, but 5 players of that talent are hard to come by and alot to take away from a contending team. Billups & West are past their peak, and Songaila is a nobody bench-warmer. I don't think from their perspective that they'd win in that trade at all.

For the Raps, clearly we get a solid C that we've been looking for and a SF for the depth chart, but it's still hard to believe all we'd have to give up to get that would be Joey Dorsey(making 850 gs a year). Other than the fact it comes cheap, obviously good from our perspective.

For New Orleans: They get a few roster players with expiring contracts and a superstar to please their PG.. but it also looks like they didn't have to give up to much either. They gave up David West, a solid PF who's career is slowly dwindling and would probably not get another contract with NO, two expiring contracts, a decent SG and a rookie SF.. All in all, will give them lots of cap space while making their PG happy and remaining competitive.

For Denver: Get four solid players in Marcus Thornton, Jameer Nelson, Brandon Bass and Vince Carter and a promising rookie, so they got more than just something for their aging PG, 2 expiring contracts and superstar. Keeps them still as a playoff team in my opinion.

Good trade, lots of players, highly unlikely, but good work. I think my trade between Detroit-Toronto-Orlando is more likely, but its along the same lines, just less players. Check it out

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2926jkw

Comment

Carter went to Denver.

TOR isn't just giving up Dorsey, they are taking on $20M in contracts which is why first trade so important.

I will have to disagree on ORL, I think they are a better team with Billups and West, Lewis at the 3, and Reddick at the 2.

I'll check out your trade.

Comment

Your trade looks good from Raps perspective but I was trying to get Melo involved with Raps.

I don't think people give enough weight to payroll cuts when making trades, especially for teams over the luxury tax.

Comment

I acknowledged that Carter went to Denver, and yes I know Toronto is taking on the bad contracts, but I didn't know that merited we get Gortat. I think the trade from Orlando's perspective really ruins there depth. I like Lewis at the 3, but other than that this doesnt work for me. Lose your quality backup C and PF, and take away your starting SG and PG for a starting PG, an expiring and a starting PF. I dont know about that man.
                              I think the Detroit trade I started gave Orlando what they needed and didn't remove to many players from the picture

Comment

Working...
                              X