Melo Trade Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Akinyele wrote: View Post
    I acknowledged that Carter went to Denver, and yes I know Toronto is taking on the bad contracts, but I didn't know that merited we get Gortat. I think the trade from Orlando's perspective really ruins there depth. I like Lewis at the 3, but other than that this doesnt work for me. Lose your quality backup C and PF, and take away your starting SG and PG for a starting PG, an expiring and a starting PF. I dont know about that man.
    I think the Detroit trade I started gave Orlando what they needed and didn't remove to many players from the picture
    I redid the trade taking Anthony and Nelson out. If Melo left, Anthony is a team option next year and with Lawson there that would be another $13M off the books.

ORL would not lose starting PF as he slides to 3 which much better suits his game. West is a mid-range post player who is an all-star - he would fit beautifully next to Howard. Reports were Howard was pushing to acquire Boozer earlier this summer. Carter is shit - I'm sorry no other way to say it. Check his stats from last year, especially shooting percentages. He is past his peak and even at his peak he was not a 'winner' (and that is not a jaded Raptor fan talking). Songalia is a decent back up PF and with their players they could go small at stretches and put Lewis back at the 4. As for back up C, Gortat is not happy being Howard, that is nothing new. The key to their back up C would be Dampier.

I know this is extremely unlikely with so many parts - just playing with the machine and thinking what teams would need to improve both on the court and financially.

As for your trade, ORL still loses their back up C unless they manage to get Dampier when CHA eventually drops him, Hamilton is not a great 3 point threat which is what Orlando needs on perimeter, Prince works and is expiring so that also works. Really Detroit is giving up Hamilton and Prince for Jose and Bass. I'd rather have Gordon or Hamilton starting ahead of Carter at this stage of his career. I don't think Detroit gets enough for these guys in the trade.

Comment

Seriously? They need a PG and a big man..that deal gives them what they need. And financially Carter has 1 less year than Rip.

And West would be nice next to Howard, but is that worth giving up their All-Star PG and 4 other solid rotational players? I don't think so

Comment

Bass is a PF of which they have plenty already and just drafted another with a lot of potential. The big man they need is a C which is why they were doing everything they could to get Chandler from the Bobcats for either Hamilton or Prince but they didn't bite.

I did post a separate deal where Billups and Nelson were not included in the thread I started. You forget that Billups is also an all-star quality PG but after seeing the deal works without the guards included I probably wouldn't due to Nelson being younger. However from a statistical and past experience and only focusing on the chance to win in the next 2 years I'd take Billups over Nelson in a heartbeat . Bass and Anderson didn't play much, especially late in the year, hence the bitching. Carter is garbage and his contract is nothing more than a salary dump as his contract is a team option past this season.

Either way Gortat is gone in both trades.

It would depend if you want to keep playing with Lewis at the 4. If I'm Orlando, I'm looking to put him in his natural position and take on a real 4. You should look back at Lewis' Seattle days stats.

To each their own, I guess.

Comment

I am fully aware of Lewis on Seattle.. they were my favourite team(Ray Allen is my favourite player). I like Lewis at the 3, but I think they can start Brandon Bass at the 4 and be better off with the roster they have. And Detroit needs both big men, not just a C.

Comment

and Daniel Orton has potential but he is raw, needs lots of work.

Comment

melo in tdot? just cant see it
              No Dissrespect...
              With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.. You hear me BC?

Comment

Working...
              X