Greece Pwns Canada By 74 Points!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greece Pwns Canada By 74 Points!

Canada’s preparations for the FIBA world basketball championship took a big hit Tuesday after the men’s team lost 123-49 in an exhibition game against Greece.

“It was a tough game against a very strong Greece team, after a long day of travel,” Canadian head coach Leo Rautins said in a news release.

The Canadians, who just arrived in Europe after playing three exhibitions games in Toronto and Vancouver, was held to just six first-quarter points and made just one of 15 field-goal attempts in the opening 10 minutes. Canada shot just 25.9 per cent from the floor for the game.

Greece built a 58-20 halftime lead and didn’t take its foot off the gas pedal in the second half. Greece finished the game shooting 80.5 per cent in two-point field goal attempts and 72.2 per cent from beyond the arc.
    http://basketballbuzz.ca/internation...ll-exhibition/

Canada FAILS

Wow 74 points!

And I was so optimistic following their convincing wins over France and China.
    Hopefully this is a one off due to jet lag or whatever.

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
      Wow 74 points!

And I was so optimistic following their convincing wins over France and China.
      Hopefully this is a one off due to jet lag or whatever.
      well consider that Greece is a top 4 team in the world and Canada is barley hanging onto the top 20 a loss is not shocking. However 74 points difference is terribly embarrassing and one has to wonder why the more Leo coaches the worse are the size of the losses.

Big mistake was to fire Triano. One thing I don't understand is why can't team Canada hire an American coach with experience?! why do we have to hire the Canadian guy's just because they are Canadian.

Comment

Working...
      X