Jose Re-Aggravates Hip & Could Be Out Long Term

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Re-Aggravates Hip & Could Be Out Long Term

Rumour has it that it was heard on the FAN 590 via Triano this evening that Jose re-injured his hip tonight and that the repercussions could be long term for the him and the team.

Jose Calderon has reaggravated his sore left hip and will not return for the #Raptors
    Source - Click here

If this is true, then this season could very quickly turn into a nightmare. I'm not saying we should start cutting our losses but Colangelo has to take a step-back and reevaluate everything from leadership, personnel and coaching.

I don't think fans would be upset if he blows up the experiment, all we want to see is a plan. I think he could actually find a taker for Hedo in Portland and for Jose in Phillly...just sayin'.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
      I think he could actually find a taker for Hedo in Portland and for Jose in Phillly...just sayin'.
      The way Hedo is playing I think Portland is breathing a sign of relief they never signed him.

As the time goes, Jose value shrinks everyday. Teams may look at his stats and be impressed but he is becoming injury prone and people in the US media have already began questioning him about his poor defence.

I doubt Colangelo will do anything significant until he is sure that this team cannot make the playoffs. Ever get the sense that Colangelo thinks that the average Raptor fan is a naive idiot and that by making the playoffs they actually have a chance to make it somewhere??!!! pffff

Better get out that guy from accounting again so he can find loopholes in contracts when they decide to trade again.

You know what that means?! say goodbye for a first round pick for another 2 years in a row.

Comment

Anyone have Brevin Knight's number?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Anyone have Brevin Knight's number?
          Antonio Daniels might be a better option.

Comment

Lol
            http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

I also don't think Portland would want Hedo now either - he hasn't done anything spectacular out of that Washington game and the Phoenix game where he almost single-handedly willed us to a win. He's a fine player, but especially with that contract, Portland is probably feeling lucky right about now.
              http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                Antonio Daniels might be a better option.
                Brevin Knight is strictly a pure pass first PG, he would give a change of pace to Jack. Knight can make things happen on the court for his teammates.

Comment

Carlos Arroyo could be waived by the Heat, the Raptors could pick him up, ex-player and all:

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...-handlers.html

Comment

It seems as though Jose will be one of those perennially injured players. He hurt himself last season, it seems like one of those injuries that will haunt him through his career. This injury could easily (though I am no doctor of course) be a bi-product of that old injury.

I really do like Jose. I think he is on the wrong team to hide his deficient defence, which probably would be better if he were not injured. This season, is, in my opinion, better to write-off as a development year. We need in place a 2-year or so plan to rise to the top of the EC, just as Boston phases out, and Orlando starts to feel their contracts to players like Shard.

Can we keep Bosh though, if we go into a development period, and try to build around him? Should we keep Hedo, and look for a defensive-minded PG, something like Jameer was for the Magic? I fear that Jose will never be healthy enough to give us 82 games.

I see two paths for the Raps right now:

1) Gain as much capspace and as many picks through trades as possible.
                    2) Stay the course for the season, because other than 1) there seems to me to be no other course.
                    Last edited by verbatim; Sat Dec 12, 2009, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Jose not traveling with the team...

Jose Calderon won't be travelling with the Raptors on their trip through Florida. He'll remain in Toronto to get treatment on his hip which he re-aggravated on Friday night. ... ... The Rockets shot three-of-24 from the three-point line. ... Toronto is 8-0 when holding teams under 100 points this season.
                      http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1399162/

Comment

If we still had Ukic as our 3rd string PG I wouldn't be terribly upset, but the fact that we have to rely on Banks to back up Jack scares the crap out of me.

Ah well, hopefully it isn't a significant hip injury to Jose and that he'll be back in the New Year. In the meantime I'll continue enjoying Jack and him continuing to flirt with triple-doubles night in, night out.

Comment

Iactually feel more comfortable with Banks than Ukic.

Comment

Working...
                          X