• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    I am not so sure that they could "just have kept shut"

This whole TV thing was orchestrated by ESPN

It was a ratings bonanza.

When ESPN says that players do something, players do it, because players want ESPN to say and write nice things about them.
    Players do? Say agents, or mothers, or rabbis (as it seems in LBJ case) suggest or order them to do. From what you can hear and read in the interviews, an average NBA player can at his best say "ball"....there are exceptions, but they don't seem accultured enough to handle a global strategy of their conduct

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
      Bargnani even has come out and said Bosh didn't quit on the Rap's last season(hoopshype interview). Only one saying it is BC. Not Jay. Or Alex. Or Alvin. BC is full of self serving sh*t.
      Bargnani said that Bosh played hard when he put the Raptors jersey on. BC said that Bosh refused to play when he was cleared by doctors. Can you see the difference? Plus, I don't need BC to tell us how Bosh behaved after ASG, we all saw the change of attitude, probably BC noticed more on locker room.

Comment

pistol pete wrote: View Post
        Players do? Say agents, or mothers, or rabbis (as it seems in LBJ case) suggest or order them to do. From what you can hear and read in the interviews, an average NBA player can at his best say "ball"....there are exceptions, but they don't seem accultured enough to handle a global strategy of their conduct
        If ESPN won't cover them then forget it.

ESPN is it on a national level when it comes to sports TV. Yea there is some TNT but nobody mikes up for TNT except during a game that they televise.

If ESPN says we want you to do an hour long show, chances are very high no agent, rabbie, Godfather, Godmother, well maybe Godmother (see below) , will convince the player not to do it because they will all go along with ESPN. Agents etc do not want to tick off ESPN because if ESPN gets ticked at an agent then all of his players will get crap from ESPN and he will then lose these players to another agent.

That is how it works

ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN may all be in the dumpsters with there national ratings on news shows but ESPN is the KIng right now even over Fox. LOL

The Godmother
        ================
        Griselda Blanco (b. February 15, 1943), also known as la Madrina, the Godmother, the Black Widow, Mama Coca and the Cocaine Queen of Miami, was a drug lord for the Medellín Cartel and pioneer in the Miami-based cocaine drug trade and underworld during the 1970s and early 1980s. Blanco was known for her absolute ruthlessness and sociopathic behavior.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griselda_Blanco
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          If ESPN won't cover them then forget it.

ESPN is it on a national level when it comes to sports TV. Yea there is some TNT but nobody mikes up for TNT except during a game that they televise.

If ESPN says we want you to do an hour long show, chances are very high no agent, rabbie, Godfather, Godmother, well maybe Godmother (see below) , will convince the player not to do it because they will all go along with ESPN. Agents etc do not want to tick off ESPN because if ESPN gets ticked at an agent then all of his players will get crap from ESPN and he will then lose these players to another agent.

That is how it works

ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN may all be in the dumpsters with there national ratings on news shows but ESPN is the KIng right now even over Fox. LOL

The Godmother
          ================

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griselda_Blanco
          Seems like we should fire BC and hire this Godmother, then ....

Comment

Working...
          X