Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh Says He Gave Everything He Had With The Raps

This courtesy of Chris Mannix's interview with Bosh:

He has regrets about his time in Toronto -- not making the playoffs last season ranks near the top -- but none about his decision to leave.

"Nobody wanted to make the playoffs more than me," Bosh said. "Nobody else wanted to make it more than me, trust me. I put in the work to be successful. I had a turned ankle and I had a broken nose that I had to stay in the hospital for, and I played through it. I know what I put into that organization and what I put into it was everything I had every night."

Some dispute that. Last month, Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo told a Toronto radio station that, from his perspective, Bosh mailed it in last season.

"Whether he was mentally checked out or just wasn't quite into it down the stretch, he wasn't the same guy," Colangelo said. "I think everybody saw that, but no one wanted to acknowledge it. Despite limited swelling and any excessive damage on an MRI, he felt like he needed to sit for six more games. ... I'm not even questioning Chris' injury. I'm telling you he was cleared to play subject to tolerance on his part, and the tolerance just apparently wasn't there and he chose not to play."

Bosh rejects the suggestion that anything other than a legitimate injury kept him out of the Raptors' lineup.

"I've never quit at anything," Bosh said. "Comments like that, they don't bother me as a player. Professionally, I'm disappointed. [Colangelo and I] went through a lot together. He was the GM and we both tried our best to make that team better while I was there. We had many conversations, we went back and forth on e-mails, so just to hear that, it's disappointing. But at the end of the day, there's no reason to be upset. I know that I would have done anything to win."

Source - CNNSI - Chris Mannix

I never doubted that Bosh gave all he could.

However, what one person can give is not necessarily what another can

Some guys will spend hours in the gym.

Other guys will only be able to spend a couple of hours in the gym before they got to call it quits

Both gave everything that they could, but one guy was able to give a lot more.

Some players can play through pain, think Nash and Kobe, other guys not so much so.

They all give what they feel they can but they are not giving the same.

Bosh has talent and plays hard.

However, he has a bad knee, can't run enough to keep up with the young studs.

He also is not a leader.

Fisher and Kobe would keep any locker room sheet under control, Bosh could not do it.

Bosh is very good player, but not one who can lead a team into the playoffs on a regular basis.

Garnett got the T-Wolves into the playoffs every season even though in most of the seasons he had a lot less talent around him than Bosh has had over his seven seasons and for five of those seven came up short of the playoffs.

Time to move on and good luck to him.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

whine-oooooooooooo

Comment

I don't doubt that Bosh gave his all. It sucks to lose a really good player, especially a legitimate big man which are hard to come by, however, time in and time again Bosh has proven he cannot be the man and him leaving Toronto will be the best thing that ever happened to this franchise. I hate all the publicity and hype he's received because he was fortunate enough to be drafted in the same class as lebron, wade and melo which are far superior players. He was given the opportunity to pad his stats because Toronto made him the focal point of every offensive set. I put bosh on the same echelon as David Lee and Al Jefferson. Until he can win by himself, I will still see him inferior to Dirk, Duncan, Garnett, Gasol, Amare. Yes he's worse than Amare Stoudemire! He will always be the fifth best power forward in the league.

I still get a boner thinking about how sweet it would've been if Brandon Roy was in Toronto instead of that pylon Bargnani!

Comment

I know that I would have done anything to win.
          This is bullshit. If this were true, he would've wore a mask for the Chicago game and given the Raptors a shot at the playoffs. Even an emotional lift would've been huge in that game.

Comment

ok, seriously there's a very thin line betwen these comments but there is definnitely a line.

there's a difference between what bosh is saying and wahat colangelo suggested.

i have no doubt bosh gave his all as a raptor, but, that elbow from jamiso gave bosh's head more than just a concussion. he was sidelined and he wasn't on thew court, he was off and he started focusing about off the court issues.

his future got in his head and he forgot he still had an obligation to the raptors.

i'm not making an excuise for him. but, rather agrreing with colangelo adn bosh sure bosh gave his all on the court, but his injury physically and mentally checked him off the court.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I believe him because he put on fifteen pounds of muscle before the year and had the best season of his life. I think that he decided to leave after our downfall and already had made up his mind by the Cleveland game. That is when I do suspect he wasn't committed to the team anymore. But for the vast majority of his time in Toronto, I think he did all he could to win and was committed to the Raptors. I think Colangelo's failure to support him with the right players is the reason the Raptors are in the position they are today.

Comment

He's technically right though. Nobody in that team wanted to be in the playoffs. Just look at the Chicago game. That said, Bosh couldn't have wanted it THAT bad if he couldn't play through a fully healed ankle when the team desperately needed him. But yeah he's right, nobody in the team wanted it more than he did, but looking at the team...that really isn't saying much.

Comment

CB4 wrote: View Post
                  I believe him because he put on fifteen pounds of muscle before the year and had the best season of his life. I think that he decided to leave after our downfall and already had made up his mind by the Cleveland game. That is when I do suspect he wasn't committed to the team anymore. But for the vast majority of his time in Toronto, I think he did all he could to win and was committed to the Raptors. I think Colangelo's failure to support him with the right players is the reason the Raptors are in the position they are today.
                  +1

yea the best wingman bosh ever had was between graham, kapono, moon, and hedo... (and now BC signs Kleiza).. not to mention a Center that doesnt even turn around when the opposing team shoots to maybe grab the board.

Comment

How could he have given it all when he knew he was going to leave?! lets not kid ourselves aside from being in the finals (which no way in hell that would happen) the Raptors goal down the strech changed from making it to the second round to just making it to the playoffs which would still not be enough to keep Bosh (who made the deal 3 years ago that 99% chance he would team up with Lebron and Wade)

Why would you try hard when you know your team has no chance in hell to win and you are leaving?! He wasn't the same player when he came back from his injury, it could have been mental or physical or both but he sure didn't show up just like he didn't show up last season.

Lets put it in another perspective: If you ae stuck in a no where job with no chance to advance and someone offers you a job with a better location and high probablity to succeed, why would you continue to try working hard at your old job?! You wouldnt, there are no incentives once someone offers you the new job! and in order to save face the rest of the way before you quit, you would just be in cruise control mode instead of going above and beyond and give it your all.

Comment

In the basketball world in Toronto (and the nba to an extent) this issue is pretty big. Why hasnt anyone from among the main stream media (and I am thinking of you Doug Smith) with all of their "sources" not come up with a corroboration or comment either way on this. Is there not an ex-teammate, front office type, trainer, doctor etc. who will off-the-record make comment on this? Isnt it a bit strange that no one has rushed to his defense (JJ probably did I think)?

ps...I dont see that "muscle" on him anymore (the pics I have seen of him lately have him back to his pre-weightgain stage). What does that say?

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                        This is bullshit. If this were true, he would've wore a mask for the Chicago game and given the Raptors a shot at the playoffs. Even an emotional lift would've been huge in that game.
                        I could not believe he didn't play that game. We could've made the post season. If he really wanted to get the Raps to the play-off he would have at least played that game. Yes, he gave his best and is a great player, but he gave his best in his 7 years, not this year though. Not in his last few months.

Comment

Its funny that the same story is coming out of Toronto and Cleveland. Are both cities just bitter that they got bent over by their narcassistic stars, or a hint of truth? I remember watching Cleveland's game seven and feeling the Lebron had COMPLETELY given up. I wonder if they each had their plan - If Cleveland had made the finals, LBJ couldn't have left and if TO had made the playoffs CB couldn't have left. Lebron saw Bosh had held up his end of the bargain............

Comment

Bosh gave it all till the last few months as Raptors ( All-Star Game break) when he decided to bail out on Raptors. From that point on, he only played hard for his own stats not for Raptors. He was mentally checked-out, probably dreaming about how Miami jersey will look on him. Nobody questions Bosh commitment to play hard on floor, just his commitment to Raptors success in the last few months. His departure along with his actions/body language after ASG break proves this statement.

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
                              Its funny that the same story is coming out of Toronto and Cleveland. Are both cities just bitter that they got bent over by their narcassistic stars, or a hint of truth? I remember watching Cleveland's game seven and feeling the Lebron had COMPLETELY given up. I wonder if they each had their plan - If Cleveland had made the finals, LBJ couldn't have left and if TO had made the playoffs CB couldn't have left. Lebron saw Bosh had held up his end of the bargain............
                              The Boston-Cavs series went 6 games...not 7. The game you really want to watch is game 5 in Cleve. to notice that all was not kosher with Lebron. This guy is a killer the whole year and then suddenly (with very little showing up on an mri) he shoots with his left hand and defers the game to his teammates? As in Toronto his mates knew what was up and folded as well. It's no different from when your sgt. in the foxhole says nomas. What are the grunts gonna do?

Comment

Working...
                              X