Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: Bosh Says He Gave Everything He Had With The Raps

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote insight_tor wrote: View Post
    I really don't understand why do you put BC next to Gilbert? BC made a comment around April if I recall exactly, when he said that someone got to Bosh ear and he was not the same since he returned from Dallas ASG having a personal agenda rather than a team agenda. BC's recent comments about Bosh are quite in the same note as the old comments.
    Both Gilbert & BC have made disparaging comments both LBJ's & Boshs' work ethic while calling their character into question via the mass media, respectively.

    BC is just trying to cover his own ass for missing the playoffs by throwing Bosh under the bus after the fact of his departure instead of recognizing the errs in his ways ie Bargnani. If Bosh had re signed would BC be saying what he said in the press questioning Boshs' commitment to Toronto at the end of last season?

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They looked nice..if you follow DD on twitter he works out twice a day. They had a dunk off at one point..I will post that in the next couple of days. Thanks for the support.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Rookie RecklessIndifference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Both Gilbert & BC have made disparaging comments both LBJ's & Boshs' work ethic while calling their character into question via the mass media, respectively.

    BC is just trying to cover his own ass for missing the playoffs by throwing Bosh under the bus after the fact of his departure instead of recognizing the errs in his ways ie Bargnani. If Bosh had re signed would BC be saying what he said in the press questioning Boshs' commitment to Toronto at the end of last season?
    I agree with you.

    I even like BC as our GM, but I was really disappointed in how he handled that

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Colborne, ON
    Posts
    242
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    The Boston-Cavs series went 6 games...not 7. The game you really want to watch is game 5 in Cleve. to notice that all was not kosher with Lebron. This guy is a killer the whole year and then suddenly (with very little showing up on an mri) he shoots with his left hand and defers the game to his teammates? As in Toronto his mates knew what was up and folded as well. It's no different from when your sgt. in the foxhole says nomas. What are the grunts gonna do?
    My bad. It was the end of game 6. James just gave up.

    I loved Bosh's effort for about 6 2/3 years with Toronto.

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    273
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    If Bosh had re signed would BC be saying what he said in the press questioning Boshs' commitment to Toronto at the end of last season?
    Please read this article which was released in March, before even season ended and Bosh was still a Raptors:

    Still, at a moment when Colangelo is citing individual agendas for his team's descent into on-court indifference, Bosh's is the most transparent. With free agency in his sights and who knows how many voices in his ear he hasn't been the same player since the all-star break. Not that he hasn't had his good games, but at his worst of late, Wednesday night comes to mind, he has been a picture of disinterest, not to mention dead legs.
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...e-gm-colangelo

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,612
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    If Bosh had re signed would BC be saying what he said in the press questioning Boshs' commitment to Toronto at the end of last season?
    Perhaps you forget that Bosh was offered a max. contract extension in the period before the allstar game which he turned down.

    So, if Bosh had in fact accepted that deal there would be no shenanigans/laydown and hence no need for any recriminations by BC....playoffs made or not.

    BC knew at that point (refusal of ext.) that Bosh wasnt coming back and the fallback position was Bosh's commitment that he would work with BC on a s&t. It his reneging on that element of the entire relationship with the Raptors Org. which is what angered BC enough to be public about what Bosh pulled. He would never have commented on Bosh's lack of commitment/play if there was eg. a s&t with the Rockets who I believe would have provided the best return for the Raps. But the deal with Miami was always done wasn't it?

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Bosh, now that he sees BC's true colors, was smart to move on similiar to LBJ who saw Gilbert's true thoughts about him come out after he left.

    If either BC or Gilbert had any real respect for Bosh & LBJ they would have wished both players all the best and thanked them for their 7 years of service in TO & Cleveland respectively but now that free agency is over they can talk about how they really feel about the 2 & after years of being deceitful to Bosh & James' face as those very self revealing comments from both BC & Gilbert have showed their true character.

    BC gets the- Gas Face!!!!
    Why should BC and Gilbert thank LeBron and Bosh for their 7 years of service when they were narcissistic and ultimately classless in handling their defections(see LeBron with the ill-fated "The Decision" and Bosh with his "Canada smells different" tirade). That is a slap on the intelligence on BC and Gilbert if they do. I did not support their bashing of the players though, they could just have kept shut. What Bosh and LeBron did, will you do the same if you are leaving a place of work to a new one? That is called burning bridges, and God help you when you need a favour from your former place of work, they will likely not help.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Perhaps you forget that Bosh was offered a max. contract extension in the period before the allstar game which he turned down.

    So, if Bosh had in fact accepted that deal there would be no shenanigans/laydown and hence no need for any recriminations by BC....playoffs made or not.

    BC knew at that point (refusal of ext.) that Bosh wasnt coming back and the fallback position was Bosh's commitment that he would work with BC on a s&t. It his reneging on that element of the entire relationship with the Raptors Org. which is what angered BC enough to be public about what Bosh pulled. He would never have commented on Bosh's lack of commitment/play if there was eg. a s&t with the Rockets who I believe would have provided the best return for the Raps. But the deal with Miami was always done wasn't it?
    Bosh reneged on the S&T? I thought BC tried to dictate to Bosh where he would go and Bosh came out and said he would go to Miami for 5 years. No deal was done with Miami if Riley couldn't create the cap space in which he used BC as a pawn in the JO deal to draw Bosh away form TO 1 year later.

    Bargnani even has come out and said Bosh didn't quit on the Rap's last season(hoopshype interview). Only one saying it is BC. Not Jay. Or Alex. Or Alvin. BC is full of self serving sh*t.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote smushmush wrote: View Post
    Why should BC and Gilbert thank LeBron and Bosh for their 7 years of service when they were narcissistic and ultimately classless in handling their defections(see LeBron with the ill-fated "The Decision" and Bosh with his "Canada smells different" tirade). That is a slap on the intelligence on BC and Gilbert if they do. I did not support their bashing of the players though, they could just have kept shut. What Bosh and LeBron did, will you do the same if you are leaving a place of work to a new one? That is called burning bridges, and God help you when you need a favour from your former place of work, they will likely not help.
    Why not thank them? It would be the class thing to do at the end of 7 years. LBJ made Gilbert alot of money plus raised the value of his Franchise. Bosh did re sign once in TO, he can't help it that BC's vision 3 years later is pure bullsh*t. Bosh did thank Peddie & company(MLSE). By saying negative statements to the contrary makes it look more and more like Bosh & LBJ made the right decision. "The Decision" gave 2.5 milion dollars to the Boys & Girls Club- can't hate on that.

    Like LBJ said alot of the big city folks from Cleveland looked down on the small town Akron folks- LBJ is from Akron not Cleveland.

    Comparing NBA free agency to our (your) work is facetious balderdash- a completely untenable analogy.

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote smushmush wrote: View Post
    Why should BC and Gilbert thank LeBron and Bosh for their 7 years of service when they were narcissistic and ultimately classless in handling their defections(see LeBron with the ill-fated "The Decision" and Bosh with his "Canada smells different" tirade). That is a slap on the intelligence on BC and Gilbert if they do. I did not support their bashing of the players though, they could just have kept shut. What Bosh and LeBron did, will you do the same if you are leaving a place of work to a new one? That is called burning bridges, and God help you when you need a favour from your former place of work, they will likely not help.
    I am not so sure that they could "just have kept shut"

    This whole TV thing was orchestrated by ESPN

    It was a ratings bonanza.

    When ESPN says that players do something, players do it, because players want ESPN to say and write nice things about them.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Rookie pistol pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    I am not so sure that they could "just have kept shut"

    This whole TV thing was orchestrated by ESPN

    It was a ratings bonanza.

    When ESPN says that players do something, players do it, because players want ESPN to say and write nice things about them.
    Players do? Say agents, or mothers, or rabbis (as it seems in LBJ case) suggest or order them to do. From what you can hear and read in the interviews, an average NBA player can at his best say "ball"....there are exceptions, but they don't seem accultured enough to handle a global strategy of their conduct

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    273
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Bargnani even has come out and said Bosh didn't quit on the Rap's last season(hoopshype interview). Only one saying it is BC. Not Jay. Or Alex. Or Alvin. BC is full of self serving sh*t.
    Bargnani said that Bosh played hard when he put the Raptors jersey on. BC said that Bosh refused to play when he was cleared by doctors. Can you see the difference? Plus, I don't need BC to tell us how Bosh behaved after ASG, we all saw the change of attitude, probably BC noticed more on locker room.

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote pistol pete wrote: View Post
    Players do? Say agents, or mothers, or rabbis (as it seems in LBJ case) suggest or order them to do. From what you can hear and read in the interviews, an average NBA player can at his best say "ball"....there are exceptions, but they don't seem accultured enough to handle a global strategy of their conduct
    If ESPN won't cover them then forget it.

    ESPN is it on a national level when it comes to sports TV. Yea there is some TNT but nobody mikes up for TNT except during a game that they televise.

    If ESPN says we want you to do an hour long show, chances are very high no agent, rabbie, Godfather, Godmother, well maybe Godmother (see below) , will convince the player not to do it because they will all go along with ESPN. Agents etc do not want to tick off ESPN because if ESPN gets ticked at an agent then all of his players will get crap from ESPN and he will then lose these players to another agent.

    That is how it works

    ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN may all be in the dumpsters with there national ratings on news shows but ESPN is the KIng right now even over Fox. LOL

    The Godmother
    ================
    Griselda Blanco (b. February 15, 1943), also known as la Madrina, the Godmother, the Black Widow, Mama Coca and the Cocaine Queen of Miami, was a drug lord for the Medellín Cartel and pioneer in the Miami-based cocaine drug trade and underworld during the 1970s and early 1980s. Blanco was known for her absolute ruthlessness and sociopathic behavior.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griselda_Blanco
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  14. #34
    Raptors Republic Rookie pistol pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    If ESPN won't cover them then forget it.

    ESPN is it on a national level when it comes to sports TV. Yea there is some TNT but nobody mikes up for TNT except during a game that they televise.

    If ESPN says we want you to do an hour long show, chances are very high no agent, rabbie, Godfather, Godmother, well maybe Godmother (see below) , will convince the player not to do it because they will all go along with ESPN. Agents etc do not want to tick off ESPN because if ESPN gets ticked at an agent then all of his players will get crap from ESPN and he will then lose these players to another agent.

    That is how it works

    ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN may all be in the dumpsters with there national ratings on news shows but ESPN is the KIng right now even over Fox. LOL

    The Godmother
    ================


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griselda_Blanco
    Seems like we should fire BC and hire this Godmother, then ....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •