Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Xavier Henry Acquistion?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    No news so far from the Raptors LSM, inside bloggers or team management that the Raptors are interested.
    he wasn't asking that. he just wanted to know what you think he could be had for.

even though i'm not surprised they aren't avidly interested, i mean, demar,sonny,barbosa all can play sg.

even though both demar and sonny can play sf we have kleiza there and wright so there's no room.

but, i'm pretty sure we had this discussion on another thread a while back, i think it was called "Xavier Henry anyone", i'll look for it.

scratch that isee buddah foudn it.
    Last edited by LBF; Fri Aug 20th, 2010 at 12:21 PM. Reason: buddah already suggested it.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    Mayo winding up in Toronto? Its this kind of statement that gets me wet. Could you imagine the USC boys teaming up!? California Canada anybody?
    If Mayo could learn to play PG without turning the ball over so much I think it would be simply awesome
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

you love that red ink, eh?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I asked a similar question about Henry in Trade Proposal a day or two ago.

I'd offer Heat's 1st rounder and $3M (max allowed).

As for getting Thabeet, I think it is too early for Grizz to give up on him especially with uncertainty regarding Gasol.

As for Calderon, he is not going to Memphis - guaranteed he goes to Charlotte - just a matter of how. The rumours of Ford-Calderon-Dampier in the 4 team deal with Ariza tells me that the deal is on the back burner (again) until September 13 when Dampier's contract can be moved with other players.

Post Thanks / Like

@LBF: I understand your point of view. Would you consider trading Barbosa and Wright or maybe Kleiza to bring in Henry?

@Buddahfan: Yeah, it would be amazing if we can get him and he learns to play the PG position. I've read up that Mayo is trying to improve on PG related skills.

@Matt52: That is a good offer but I think Memphis would want a bit more. How about include Evan's expiring because it seems they are trying to cut back and sign their soon to be FA's Randolph, Gasol and/or Mayo. For Calderon maybe we can include a 3 team trade involving Charlotte as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I asked a similar question about Henry in Trade Proposal a day or two ago.

I'd offer Heat's 1st rounder and $3M (max allowed).

As for getting Thabeet, I think it is too early for Grizz to give up on him especially with uncertainty regarding Gasol.

As for Calderon, he is not going to Memphis - guaranteed he goes to Charlotte - just a matter of how. The rumours of Ford-Calderon-Dampier in the 4 team deal with Ariza tells me that the deal is on the back burner (again) until September 13 when Dampier's contract can be moved with other players.
    Ford and Dampier -

That will for sure increase the chances of Raptors 10-11 bashers being correct.

Ford - Been there, done it. No thanks No interest in a recycled Ford. Seems to me that we could be talking Ford-Edsel here. I wouldn't even by a new one, why a used one?
    Dampier - A taller and older version of last season's Reggie Evans.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd offer up Weems, our 2012 first rounder, and cash. The idea here is that the Raps would then make a play for Thaddeus Young in the next offseason. The Raps could then have a SG rotation of Derozan and Henry and a SF rotation of Young and Kleiza, with DD and Henry both able to play the 3 as well.

With those players, the Raps could play small and very fast with Derozan at the 2, Henry at the 3, Young at the 4 and Davis/Johnson at the 5. They could go big and shooter-heavy with Henry at the 2, Young at the 3, Bargs at the 4 and Alabi (assuming he develops well) at the 5. Both scenarios play unorthodox, but would be difficult to match up against. Kleiza would be a great role-player with those players ahead of him in the rotation, as he is a more offensively oriented version of Young. Derozan, Henry, Young and Kleiza can as well play multiple positions. In short, the Raps would have a real and deep wing rotation for the first time basically ever.

Add that to the 2 picks next year - where hopefully we can pick up a franchise PG, and maybe another C - and the Raps would be in an enviable position going forward, particularly with Barbosa and his expiring contract being a pretty good trade asset.

Hypothetically (2011 rotation):

Rookie 1/Calderon
    Derozan/Henry
    Young/Kleiza
    Davis/Johnson
    Bargnani/Alabi/Rookie 5

Give the above team a year or two to gel and the Raps are looking pretty good. Low salary obligations, youth up and down, with a ton of talent at all positions. We look weak slightly at the 3, but that's where Derozan and Henry being able to move to SF becomes a big asset. As an added bonus, the second unit is almost perfectly complimentary. The only thing it's missing is a slasher. Perhaps Henry could develop some dribble moves.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is clear case of fans getting excited for no logical reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    This thread is clear case of fans getting excited for no logical reason.

Post Thanks / Like

getting him would make too much sense. so its never going to happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jk1m wrote: View Post
    @LBF: I understand your point of view. Would you consider trading Barbosa and Wright or maybe Kleiza to bring in Henry?

@Buddahfan: Yeah, it would be amazing if we can get him and he learns to play the PG position. I've read up that Mayo is trying to improve on PG related skills.

@Matt52: That is a good offer but I think Memphis would want a bit more. How about include Evan's expiring because it seems they are trying to cut back and sign their soon to be FA's Randolph, Gasol and/or Mayo. For Calderon maybe we can include a 3 team trade involving Charlotte as well.
    ya, i would move banks and wrightfor him and then maybe try to sneak ina conley for caldeorn swap.

gondor primulon!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the most likely scenario would be to trade Bank's expiring, Julian Wright, Heat's 1st rounder and part of our TPE. That's a nice package deal for Henry.

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jk1m wrote: View Post
    Yeah, the most likely scenario would be to trade Bank's expiring, Julian Wright, Heat's 1st rounder and part of our TPE. That's a nice package deal for Henry.
    That would be a hell of a steal.

Anyone have an idea of some of the other teams that would have a need for someone like Henry - to get a sense of who might be looking into acquiring him from the Grizz?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

How bout

To Toronto:
    Xavier Henry
    Mike Conley

To Charlotte
    Jose Calderon
    Acie Law

To Memphis
    Boris Diaw
    Joey Dorsey
    3 Mill Cash
    Miami 2011 First and Second Round Pick

Is this a good trade and if not what would you change about it

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ford and Dampier -

That will for sure increase the chances of Raptors 10-11 bashers being correct.

Ford - Been there, done it. No thanks No interest in a recycled Ford. Seems to me that we could be talking Ford-Edsel here. I wouldn't even by a new one, why a used one?
    Dampier - A taller and older version of last season's Reggie Evans.
    Who really cares about the 10-11 raptors bashers? Seriously. True fans, and anyone with basketball IQ, would see the amount of flexibility taking on Ford and Dampier would provide the Raptors as part of getting rid Calderon's contract. They would have about $21M in cap space next summer and still have the TPE.

Dampier equals Evans? I'll give you Dampier is way past his prime, but last year he averaged 7 points, 7 rebs, and 1.4 blocks in 22 minutes. Plus he is huge. He is the type of player that would be great to drop his $13M, re-sign to a modest contract (say $3-4M which is more than anyone else could offer) and package to a playoff team looking for depth in the post season at trade deadline, while giving the Raps 20-25 minutes a game allowing Johnson and Davis to get a load of minutes/experience wothout having to rely on them and their inexperience exclusively.

Trade deadline, draft, and free agency, use the TPE/cap space to get a real big man, wing player, and draft a PG to mature behind Jack for a couple of years.

Unless the BC can get Gay, Gasol, and Z-BO for Banks, Evans, Calderon, this team is going to be crap next year no matter what. Face it and think about building a contender over the next couple of seasons rather than scrapping in to the 8th seed next year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information