ESPN recently did a PF article where they rated the best PF acquisitions of the summer and to no one's surprise Amir was nowhere to be found. Personally I think every PF that moved or resigned is grossly overrated and if I had to choose between them for the next five years my list would go something like-
1. Dirk- At 32 he is by far the oldest PF of merit, but he seems to defy father time and has a game that relies neither on speed nor athleticism. There is no reason to think he won't still be extremely effective in his mid 30's. Only player in the list that can carry a team on his back without it breaking.
2. Bosh- At 25 he should still have several good to great years left. He defends as well he leads, which is to say he does neither adequately, but he was as unstoppable offensively as any big man in the league last year and while his game should fall off slightly next year, he will still be an invaluable go to guy for three and a half quarters.
3. Amir- 23 and still improving. A very good defender with great instincts, athleticism and nose for the ball. He will never be a 20-10 guy, but should peak at 16-10 in a year or two. One of the few PF's in the NBA who take pride in playing both ends and hustling in transition.
4. Lee- At 28, he may of plateaued, but will be going to another team that will make his stats better than the whole of his parts. Better scorer and rebounder than Amir and with a very manageable contract, but can't defend anyone and will forever be a very good player on a very bad team.
5. Amare- Almost 28 with 40 year old knees and the high school curse lurking right around the corner. He could only muster up the energy to care for half a season during a contract year, how much effort will he put into likely losing season with 100 million in the bank. Headed for a 18-7 season with no defense and a locker room melt down.
6. Boozer- At 29 and a big contract under his belt, Boozer will have no incentive to give a crap. Noah will gobble all those easy rebounds that Okur never got and while he will still put up points that Rose creates, he might be the worst defender in the league with an even worse attitude. One of my least favorite player's in the league and I can't wait for his 16-8 season that submarines the Bulls 2nd round playoff hopes.