Amir vs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir vs

ESPN recently did a PF article where they rated the best PF acquisitions of the summer and to no one's surprise Amir was nowhere to be found. Personally I think every PF that moved or resigned is grossly overrated and if I had to choose between them for the next five years my list would go something like-

1. Dirk- At 32 he is by far the oldest PF of merit, but he seems to defy father time and has a game that relies neither on speed nor athleticism. There is no reason to think he won't still be extremely effective in his mid 30's. Only player in the list that can carry a team on his back without it breaking.

2. Bosh- At 25 he should still have several good to great years left. He defends as well he leads, which is to say he does neither adequately, but he was as unstoppable offensively as any big man in the league last year and while his game should fall off slightly next year, he will still be an invaluable go to guy for three and a half quarters.

3. Amir- 23 and still improving. A very good defender with great instincts, athleticism and nose for the ball. He will never be a 20-10 guy, but should peak at 16-10 in a year or two. One of the few PF's in the NBA who take pride in playing both ends and hustling in transition.

4. Lee- At 28, he may of plateaued, but will be going to another team that will make his stats better than the whole of his parts. Better scorer and rebounder than Amir and with a very manageable contract, but can't defend anyone and will forever be a very good player on a very bad team.

5. Amare- Almost 28 with 40 year old knees and the high school curse lurking right around the corner. He could only muster up the energy to care for half a season during a contract year, how much effort will he put into likely losing season with 100 million in the bank. Headed for a 18-7 season with no defense and a locker room melt down.

6. Boozer- At 29 and a big contract under his belt, Boozer will have no incentive to give a crap. Noah will gobble all those easy rebounds that Okur never got and while he will still put up points that Rose creates, he might be the worst defender in the league with an even worse attitude. One of my least favorite player's in the league and I can't wait for his 16-8 season that submarines the Bulls 2nd round playoff hopes.

How can you rank Amir over 3 allstars with way better career numbers and all on better teams (maybe New york)
    What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

Delusional Fan at its best.

Amir Johnson a 3rd PF in the NBA.

Whar else ?

DD the 3rd best SG in the league !!

Comment

Not 3rd best in the NBA, 3rd of the PF who followed the green or resigned. This summer will go down as the death of the PF. All the PF's who were on the market were offense only guys who have never won a title. When thier offense goes as a result of age, injury or indifference they will become Elton Brand and take thier teams out at the knees.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
          Delusional Fan at its best.

Amir Johnson a 3rd PF in the NBA.

Whar else ?

DD the 3rd best SG in the league !!
          If you look at what he said, it was best PF acquisitions of the summer not the best PF's.

Comment

im waiting to see what buddha is gonna say.

i wouldnt rank him as high as 3rd. if we're talkin about current status, id put him last but if we consider potential, id probably put him before lee and boozer.

Comment

why you just going to what for him to right like 5 paragraphs and amir johnsona nd how his per annual income rebounding percentage is better thna that of david lee and amre stoudemire combined.

and then you'll go "right".
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
              X