Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does BC Regret Not Trading Bosh For Brookes/Scola/Landry/Ariza?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does BC Regret Not Trading Bosh For Brookes/Scola/Landry/Ariza?

obviously the principals here were upstart Brookes and Chris (the Houstonian) Bosh. Houston wanted to dump Trev and has since done so.
    They also wanted to part with Carl Laundry and have done so (for Kevin Martin).

But missing out on Aaron Brookes and Scola? in the end Bosh went for 2 first rounders (one of which already belong to Toronto but was lost in Jermain O trade).

given that hindsight is 20/20 if you could go back in time do you do this trade?
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

When was this trade offered to BC? Regardless, isn't the answer obvious?

Comment

i think we all regret that we didnt do some sort of sign and trade at the deadline last season or the season before.

Comment

In hindsight I think it is obvious that if we had traded Bosh before the summer, we would have had a greater return. In Colangelo's defense, it was tough to tell if he was leaving during the course of the season though before our collapse. We were still very much in playoff contention during the All-Star break.

Comment

where's your source for this? there is no way Houston offered this much. I doubt they even offered 2 of those guys for Bosh.

Comment

Okay. You don't even know the names of the players but you're sure, this package was offered for Bosh? With Morey, the Rockets have a GM who knows his job and I highly doubt, that he would give up this much for an expiring contract. Scola+Ariza would be more suiting.

And no, i would not have traded Bosh, because if there was a slight chance to resign him, you should go for it.

Comment

Yeah, now there's no point is there? Anyways, we had to risk it. Getting Bosh back would've been great. If we knew he was leaving we could have gotten so many players. Better than Scola and Ariza. We could get ALOT of players. But really, why did you have to make this thread. Makes me angry just thinking of it, if he just told us, not fans atleast Colangelo, could have been a secret, but of he just told someone from the Raps, and prepared us for this... Damnit.

Comment

bosh is from dallas

Comment

I dont think they would offer most of their starting line-up for Bosh.

Comment

I think the initial rumor was Bosh for Ariza, Battier and Scola.

Of course, if you think back now, it would be a no-brainer to trade bosh for these 3. but at that time, the raps were doing so good, why mess up a good thing? on the other hand, bosh not signing his extension pretty much said it all.

but of course, BC is in a no-win situation. if he trades bosh, the city and fans are going to hate him. if he didnt and bosh didnt re-sign with the raps, he will still be hated. if BC did this trade tho, it wouldve been one of the greatest trades in franchise history.

ariza wouldve been awesome, another addition to the young gunz, and take away the elbow swing he did to demar, i think they have a good relationship, playing in the same school(?) or was it city? battier is a wicked defender and scola wouldve been good beside bargs.

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                      obviously the principals here were upstart Brookes and Chris (the Houstonian) Bosh. Houston wanted to dump Trev and has since done so.
                      They also wanted to part with Carl Laundry and have done so (for Kevin Martin).

But missing out on Aaron Brookes and Scola? in the end Bosh went for 2 first rounders (one of which already belong to Toronto but was lost in Jermain O trade).

given that hindsight is 20/20 if you could go back in time do you do this trade?
                      As others have stated.

Was this trade ever really on the table?

I doubt it.

This was an internet concoction that never was going to happen in a million seasons It was just another fantasy trade that took on a life of its own because of the internet.
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                        where's your source for this? there is no way Houston offered this much. I doubt they even offered 2 of those guys for Bosh.
                        ESPN (I dont make crap up) see link below
                        http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...ris-bosh-chase

This season's success without marquee names also suggests that the Rockets have the requisite stash of assets -- depending on whom they're willing to surrender from a group that includes Aaron Brooks, Carl Landry, Trevor Ariza and Luis Scola -- to assemble a legit deal for Toronto to consider. It's likewise believed that Houston can put a decent package together without insisting that McGrady's mammoth $22.5 million salary has to be part of it, which complicates matters even though it's an expiring deal because so many more players have to be included to make the trade math work.

Comment

This season's success without marquee names also suggests that the Rockets have the requisite stash of assets -- depending on whom they're willing to surrender from a group that includes Aaron Brooks, Carl Landry, Trevor Ariza and Luis Scola -- to assemble a legit deal for Toronto to consider.
                          so you took that to mean they offered ALL of them???

Comment

This trade would require Bosh's commitement that he would re-sign with Houston and we all know Bosh already commited to Miami around All-Star Game break.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                              so you took that to mean they offered ALL of them???
                              they had to in order to make salaries match. Also Houston did not want Ariza or Landry and was no interested in paying scola's raise when Yao returned. The wild card there was Aaron Brooks - he was playing really well for the first 30 games but many said it could not last - trade him while his value is high. People are now saying he is legit - just a late bloomer.

As for me I think brooks is a bit undersized but a sensational PG. Average passer but killer handles speed and ability to get his own shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X